Win "In Progress TV shows" do not work on client smart TV
(2020-10-30, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: Use another file sharing protocol.

I don't think the OP can.  He's limited by what is available to install on his TV and Kodi isn't in his TV's app store.  Therefore, he's using the uPnP capability of Kodi running on a PC to send files to his uPnP enabled TV.  Gotta say, Plex would be a better option here as it is designed for such a use case and it's in his TV's app store.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-10-31, 11:04)black_eagle Wrote: I don't think the OP can.  He's limited by what is available to install on his TV and Kodi isn't in his TV's app store.
Understand. Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-30, 21:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 21:03)cysmaster Wrote: Ok, thank you for explanation of mechanics. Now I can see the point that this might indeed be complicated for a server to properly categorize/recognize the action of "sending file".
I thought that was explained in the Introduction on that wiki page I asked you to read. Did you read it?
The client player does not have direct access to the video and music files. It relies on the UPnP server to send a browse tree that will display on the client player.
Note: UPnP file sharing cannot be used to create a Kodi library on the client device, nor can you use any library features. You can only browse and play from the Browse Tree.
(2020-10-30, 21:03)cysmaster Wrote: Ok then, what about some compromise? KODI can have additional switch that users can activate if needed.
There is no compromise. uPnP does not do what you want. Use another file sharing protocol.
You are welcome to submit the required changes as a PR on Github.

Yes, I read this of course. No need to quote it again. I have also answered withy comments that I can browse the file tree and that I can use quite a lot of library features (e.g. browsing by Title, Genre, whatever there is, not just files per se, though it works as well of course). I believe I mentioned this several times already...

And thank you for pointing me out to possibility of PR on Github. Will try to take a look there this afternoon. I will ask if I face some problems ; ]
(2020-10-31, 11:04)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: Use another file sharing protocol.
Gotta say, Plex would be a better option here as it is designed for such a use case and it's in his TV's app store.
I suggested this twice but OP seems to want somebody to reinvent the wheel for him rather than just doing what everyone else in this situation would do, which is to use Plex.
Use Kodi with the PlexKodiConnect add-on to connect to Plex server. Best of both worlds...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"In Progress TV shows" do not work on client smart TV0