XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac
Atlantis is just another svn release but the same for all platforms. As jmarshall wrote please check if the irss..something file is in the right location.
It's weird that eventghost stopped working as it is supposed to only send key presses which obviously work.
Check the CPU usage if it's to high to respond.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
REMOTEXBMC work with the mode EVENTCLIENT but the function api keydown and keyup is disable
I'm not sure if I'm not simply doing something wrong because I'm still brandnew to XBMC for Windows ...

Tried the last build yesterday, scanned for content, everything worked great.
Installed microXP today (dedicated XBMC machine), installed all drivers, installed XBMC without a problem.

Now, when I let XBMC scan for content in my folders, it starts scanning and finishes it, covers are beeing downloaded, looks good. But: None of my movies made it to the library. I have to rightclick every single movie, choose "Movie Information", choose the correct movie and THEN it's added to the library.
HTPC:
Asus TS-61A · Asus M2N-VM HDMI (GeForce 7050) · Athlon X2 3800+ EE SFF · 1024 MByte DDR2 800Mhz · Samsung 120 GByte · Samsung 500 GByte · Samsung DVD-ROM · Toshiba 32C3005P · Toshiba MCE Remote
NOOK: Please do a Debug Log.

mode2006: As far as I'm aware, we never supported the windows API for sending keypresses (unless SDL handles this for us).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I activated debug logging, scanned again and now it seems to work Eek

will post one if it happens again. thanks.
HTPC:
Asus TS-61A · Asus M2N-VM HDMI (GeForce 7050) · Athlon X2 3800+ EE SFF · 1024 MByte DDR2 800Mhz · Samsung 120 GByte · Samsung 500 GByte · Samsung DVD-ROM · Toshiba 32C3005P · Toshiba MCE Remote
Jonathan,
No the remotexbmc.exe use the keypress for send action but now with the xbmc atlantis it does not work
Another problem, sorry for spamming the forums ...

While jumping forward during a video, the frame rate drops to about 11 fps for a second or 2 after seeking. i think it's this, right?

Code:
23:05:20 T:768 M:586711040   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61479 pressed, action is 20
23:05:20 T:1088 M:586706944   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 80590
23:05:20 T:1088 M:586706944   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::SeekTime - unknown position after seek
23:05:20 T:1088 M:586706944   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 80590, success
23:05:20 T:1092 M:587030528   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_SYNCHRONIZE
23:05:20 T:1064 M:586924032   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_SYNCHRONIZE

happens with all videos, upscaling (bicubic) is selected, cpu usage not higher than 10 %.
HTPC:
NOOK Wrote:Another problem, sorry for spamming the forums ...

While jumping forward during a video, the frame rate drops to about 11 fps for a second or 2 after seeking. i think it's this, right?

Code:
23:05:20 T:768 M:586711040   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61479 pressed, action is 20
23:05:20 T:1088 M:586706944   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 80590
23:05:20 T:1088 M:586706944   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::SeekTime - unknown position after seek
23:05:20 T:1088 M:586706944   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 80590, success
23:05:20 T:1092 M:587030528   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_SYNCHRONIZE
23:05:20 T:1064 M:586924032   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_SYNCHRONIZE

happens with all videos, upscaling (bicubic) is selected, cpu usage not higher than 10 %.

Report bug on Trac please.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

i just tried out xbmc fro windows forthe first time.
first impressions:
-no sounds when rolling over buttons with mouse (personally id like that)
-no way to jump to a certain part of a video nicely (like most players on a pc - ie dragging along a bar)
-"programs" dropped from the main menu; reshuffling of the main menu. but programs is in the settings (im confused, also because i remember seeing something in the forums about launching emulators and external windows programs from xbmc)
-"USE" in PMIII skin settings>custom
-hovering over "file manager" behaves very xboxish. disaplys free spae on c, e and f. even though on this pc e is a dvd drive and f is non-existant. i cant find any gui option to change that. perhaps a better seek process as to whih drives it displays (only harddrives; user selectable)
-tetris script doesnt work on my pc. not sure if its my system, but as its included in the official release id assume it is my problem.
-as far as i know, the idea was to get rid of anyhting xbox-specific. the "add source" icon still dispalys as an xbox with a rig in the back. (i realize its only a tiny cosmetic thing - but it may want to be addressed)
-the icons in the lower left are kind of low-res omapred to the sharp visuals of the rest of the skin

it works very nicely though, a lot better than i expected. awesome work
batman91 Wrote:-no sounds when rolling over buttons with mouse (personally id like that)
That is not available in any XBMC platform, but feel free to submit a feature request on Trac.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=What_is_XBMC...to_XBMC.3F

batman91 Wrote:-no way to jump to a certain part of a video nicely (like most players on a pc - ie dragging along a bar)
That is not available in any XBMC platform, but feel free to submit a feature request on Trac.
Note that XBMC is really designed to be control by a remote, not a mouse:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=The_XBMC_manifesto

batman91 Wrote:-"programs" dropped from the main menu; reshuffling of the main menu.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34679

batman91 Wrote:-i remember seeing something in the forums about launching emulators and external windows programs from xbmc
XBMC for Xbox yes, this feature will unfortunatly not make it into XBMC for Linux/Mac/Windows until after the 'Atlantis' release'. ....there is a workaround available by using a third-party python plugin called "Launcher", ( search the python forum).

batman91 Wrote:-hovering over "file manager" behaves very xboxish. disaplys free spae on c, e and f. even though on this pc e is a dvd drive and f is non-existant. i cant find any gui option to change that. perhaps a better seek process as to whih drives it displays (only harddrives; user selectable).
Not sure if that would be classified as a feature request or a bug.

batman91 Wrote:-as far as i know, the idea was to get rid of anyhting xbox-specific. the "add source" icon still dispalys as an xbox with a rig in the back. (i realize its only a tiny cosmetic thing - but it may want to be addressed)
Yes that is only a skin design but feel free to submit a feature request for it anyway.

batman91 Wrote:-the icons in the lower left are kind of low-res omapred to the sharp visuals of the rest of the skin
I am pretty sure that is also a skin thing, again feel free to submit a feature request for it anyway.
Hitcher Wrote:I don't know why this is happening (and I don't believe a log would help either) but this build is having trouble registering button presses from my remote which is working in conjunction with EventGhost.
I've checked the log in EG and every button press is registering fine with it but they're just not working properly in XBMC - sometimes I have to press a button over 6 times for XBMC to actually do anything.
I reported this in another thread earlier on. I have submitted a Trac Ticket for it.
I wonder how well this would run on Reactos.

http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html

Im pretty sure it wont, though xD
Does anyone else have Gui problems with the AMT script?

Gui shows newest trailers from "View: Media Info" . It shows some trailers along with coverart, just like it used to.

However, after viewing a trailer, the Gui is totally blank. No trailers, no coverart, no entry whatsoever.

Hitting "esc" and returning to the AMT screen brings back things as usual.
Tachikoma Wrote:I wonder how well this would run on Reactos.

http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html

Im pretty sure it wont, though xD
No, and that is therefor off-topic, ...feel free to start a new topic thread for "Port XBMC to ReactOS" in our feature suggestion forum though (and in their own forums as well if you wish).
kricker Wrote:I reported this in another thread earlier on. I have submitted a Trac Ticket for it.

This is not only with remotes, I opened a Track Ticket because it (up/down-key) doesn't work with a normal keyboard either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac1