v18 Odd Files problem
Hi

I updated to the latest ver of Amber today (3.2.9.9) and have an odd problem with the files section, I'm using the list view and when I sceoll down the the list is full width for the first few items and then it jumps to a smaller version. It did it in other versions of the skin too. It was fine in the skin from the kodi repo and I updated once to 3.2.106 from the amber repo and it did it in that too. I've incluuded a video to show whats happening, does anyone know why it does this and also a way to stop it ?

(2020-10-28, 20:23)brainwaster Wrote: Hi

I updated to the latest ver of Amber today (3.2.9.9) and have an odd problem with the files section, I'm using the list view and when I sceoll down the the list is full width for the first few items and then it jumps to a smaller version. It did it in other versions of the skin too. It was fine in the skin from the kodi repo and I updated once to 3.2.106 from the amber repo and it did it in that too. I've incluuded a video to show whats happening, does anyone know why it does this and also a way to stop it ?

@brainwaster , thanks for your feedback.  Most likely what is happening is that, while some of the items are folders and have no "metadata" associated with them, some other items are files, and do have metadata associated with them, like duration, genre, etc.  The default list view in Amber includes an information panel (the part in the center), and Amber tries to determine if there is metadata for it so it can be shown in the panel.  

You can tell Amber not to show the information panel at all.  Just press Left to get to the sidebalde, and activate the option "Disable Info Panel", like in this screenshot:

With this option, whenever you are viewing "files", there will be no information panel.  It is important to note that this option is per content type, so it will not affect the List view for other content.  For example, I can go to Movies and browse in List view and still have the information panel, as shown here:

Please let me know if this answers your question and if it solves the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Cheers, that worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd Files problem0