How to configure TMM to choose existing artwork automaticly
I only started using TMM recently and are still learning how to use it and all its options. I prefer it over the other similar programs.
But at the moment I have difficulties to achieve my aim. I would like to scrape my movie collection with tmm. Every movie is in its own folder and propperly named with a nfo file containing the IMDB id, there is also at least one poster and maybe some other artwork in the folder.
How do I set up TMM, so that it chooses the exsisting artwork automaticly without searching for other artwork. In fact the whole scraping should work without my interaction. Later I might do a rerun or just rescrape selected movies for more artwork, for now I'm happy with only the exsisting artwork.
I tried different settings but havn't managed to set tmm up propperly.
how is your artwork named?
We follow the Kodi standards and detect quite all of them...
(The settings are mainly for writing preferences, reading/detecting is not configureable)

Additional:
Upload the logfile after updating to some pastebin site...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
The artwork is named after Kodis rules: movie name-poster.jpg...
What I hoped for was a setting like in Media Companion, only to download artwork, if not already present. I could help me and switch off poster and fanart in the scraper settings.
If I do that, tmm imports my exsisting artwork, but if it is activated, tmm presents artwork to choose from and I would have to point it to my artwork files manually, but that is cumbersome.
Or did I overlook a setting?
The best would be, an option, where tmm only looks for the artwork chosen in the scraper settings, when it does not find any in the movie folder.
(2020-10-30, 03:54)KamiKo Wrote: How do I set up TMM, so that it chooses the exsisting artwork automaticly without searching for other artwork. In fact the whole scraping should work without my interaction. Later I might do a rerun or just rescrape selected movies for more artwork, for now I'm happy with only the exsisting artwork.

Doesn't running "Update source" command add the artwork to the database even before scraping? It should if your artwork naming is correct.
Running "Update movies" or "Update media info" command does that too (without scraping artwork).

So when you first scrape, don't scrape artwork and see if existing artwork of yours is picked up properly.
Later you can select movies without artwork (using artwork column) and scrape artwork only for those.
You're right, thank you! This is what I have described in the post above.
Running TMM 4.05.

All Movies are saved in individual folders, artwork follows Kodi naming convention.  Contained within each movie folder are two subfolders called extrafanart and keyart.

I tested adding a movie source to TMM and there were some titles that displayed different posters to the poster saved locally to the movie folder.  Removed source, re-added and tried running again without scraping artwork but same titles showed different posters.  When you click on the media files tab for each title you can see the artwork detected.  That's when I noticed there was more than one file called poster.jpg and it was this duplicate poster file displayed.  Checked the keyart subfolder and sure enough I had moved that file when I replaced them but didn't rename it.  So I renamed it to poster1, removed the source, readded and sure enough that movie title was now displaying the correct poster saved locally to the movie folder. 

So I proceeded cleaning up the keyart subfolders for that source and voila all the movies display the correct local posters.  Before I proceed with cleaning up the other source directories my question is why does TMM identify as default the poster art saved within a subfolder instead of the poster.jpg file saved to the root with the video file and other artwork images?
Well, when a file is called "poster.jpg", it is a poster... regardless in what folder it is in Wink
Keyarts should be named "keyartXX.jpg"...

Since we have to deal with various weird folder structures, we operate on names ONLY...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-11-05, 10:42)myron Wrote: Well, when a file is called "poster.jpg", it is a poster... regardless in what folder it is in Wink
Keyarts should be named "keyartXX.jpg"...

Since we have to deal with various weird folder structures, we operate on names ONLY...
Ha ha ha you know that feeling when you get an obvious answer you feel a little sheepish - baa baa

Fair enough, at least I know how to fix

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to configure TMM to choose existing artwork automaticly0