M3U Playlists
I hope this is the correct place to post this.

Does the latest version of Kodi play songs in an M3U playlist in the order that they are in the M3U playlist file yet?

And not force some unwanted sort order on them and play them that way.
(2020-11-02, 01:08)BlankMan Wrote: Does the latest version of Kodi

Sorry, but "latest" is not a helpful version number. At this moment we have stable and alpha versions of Kodi. So please indicate which one exactly you are referring to.
For me in Kodi 18 M3U playlists play in the order of the playlist.
(2020-11-02, 02:19)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 01:08)BlankMan Wrote: Does the latest version of Kodi

Sorry, but "latest" is not a helpful version number. At this moment we have stable and alpha versions of Kodi. So please indicate which one exactly you are referring to.
I don't care what version it is. Tell me the version that does what the quesstion asks.
(2020-11-02, 04:14)HomerJau Wrote: For me in Kodi 18 M3U playlists play in the order of the playlist.

I'm using 18, mine does not play the songs in the order they are in the file it re-orders them. Did you do something for it to do that?

Does it make a difference that the music source is a DLNA server?

My receiver, tv, etc., using that same DLNA server play the songs in the order they are in the M3U file, only Kodi does not.
That is most likely the cause then, DLNA is not the best choice to share media media with Kodi if the DLNA server is not another Kodi install.
(2020-11-03, 01:06)BlankMan Wrote: I'm using 18, mine does not play the songs in the order they are in the file it re-orders them. Did you do something for it to do that?
Yes but my Playlists point to files on my NAS, I don’t use DLNA.
Anybody know why then it chooses to force unwanted sorting just because it's from a DLNA server? I half suspected that. It's BS IMO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M3U Playlists0