Folder names disappeared in Fanart View
hello there. first post so let me first say what a great skin this is and what a great job you are doing with it....

so here is my problem, i am in videos, files and then in fan art view and in this view, ever since a recent update, the folder name disappeared (pic 1 and Alien is the folder).

the funny this is if i "push down for gallery" the folder name appears (pic 2).

the folder name also is not there in "biglist" view. in all of the other views i can see the folder name.

also there still is the "Genre:" tag on top where the description normally goes but since it's a folder of course no genre or description will show up. wasn't there before the recent update. honestly don't know which update is was.

i checked the settings but could not seem to find a setting for this... any help would be appreciated
(2020-11-03, 20:10)billyrene Wrote: hello there. first post so let me first say what a great skin this is and what a great job you are doing with it....

so here is my problem, i am in videos, files and then in fan art view and in this view, ever since a recent update, the folder name disappeared (pic 1 and Alien is the folder).

the funny this is if i "push down for gallery" the folder name appears (pic 2).

the folder name also is not there in "biglist" view. in all of the other views i can see the folder name.

also there still is the "Genre:" tag on top where the description normally goes but since it's a folder of course no genre or description will show up. wasn't there before the recent update. honestly don't know which update is was.

i checked the settings but could not seem to find a setting for this... any help would be appreciated
@billyrene , thanks for reporting this and for your kind words.  I need to check what is happening.  Are you on Kodi Leia or Matrix?  What OS are you using?

This is really strange, as I am not able to reproduce this.  You are going to Videos, Files, and the nyou are viewing one of your video sources, correct? And the files in each folder have not been scanned into the library, correct?  Please confirm, since when I am in Files mode and the items are not scanned into the library, I cannot activate Show Info for Fanart view, nor Press Down for Gallery.  Could you post a screenshot of the file structure for one of those folders?  There must be something I am missing here.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
sorry for not being specific enough

i am on kodi leia 18.9 on a sony tv with android 8.0

Q: You are going to Videos, Files, and the nyou are viewing one of your video sources, correct?

A: Yes that is correct

Q: And the files in each folder have not been scanned into the library, correct? 

A: No, everything in these folders is scanned into my library

I'll take you through it step by step this time

On the home screen i hit movies, which takes me to my main video source for my movies on the external hdd (ActivateWindow(Videos,"/storage/hdd/movies/", return)

there i have a couple of folders with my own made up movie genres. those folders are all scanned to the library. fanart view working folder names showing

when i go in there i got movie files and folders for my collections (which are the folders the name is not showing in fanart view) the content of them is still scanned to the library

pushing down for gallery here and the folder name is showing

also the folder name not showing in biglist view

but showing in all the other views

the file structure is relatively simple: storage/hdd/movies/action/bond, james bond/movie.mkv

thinking it could be the folder depth i also tried to make "action" a source but no luck.

i was on the amber version that was available through the kodi repo forever and last week i updated to the latest amber through the github and bummer Tongue

hope this clears things up
(2020-11-04, 19:03)billyrene Wrote: sorry for not being specific enough

i am on kodi leia 18.9 on a sony tv with android 8.0

Q: You are going to Videos, Files, and the nyou are viewing one of your video sources, correct?

A: Yes that is correct

Q: And the files in each folder have not been scanned into the library, correct? 

A: No, everything in these folders is scanned into my library

I'll take you through it step by step this time

On the home screen i hit movies, which takes me to my main video source for my movies on the external hdd (ActivateWindow(Videos,"/storage/hdd/movies/", return)

there i have a couple of folders with my own made up movie genres. those folders are all scanned to the library. fanart view working folder names showing

when i go in there i got movie files and folders for my collections (which are the folders the name is not showing in fanart view) the content of them is still scanned to the library

pushing down for gallery here and the folder name is showing

also the folder name not showing in biglist view

but showing in all the other views

the file structure is relatively simple: storage/hdd/movies/action/bond, james bond/movie.mkv

thinking it could be the folder depth i also tried to make "action" a source but no luck.

i was on the amber version that was available through the kodi repo forever and last week i updated to the latest amber through the github and bummer Tongue

hope this clears things up
@billyrene , thanks for the additional info and screenshots.  I was able to reproduce and fix the issue.  I will include the fix in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
thank you so very much Blush Blush Blush
(2020-11-04, 22:36)billyrene Wrote: thank you so very much Blush Blush Blush

@billyrene , please test version 3.2.109, it is already on GitHub (Leia branch) and the Amber repo for Leia.  Now you should see the folder name, and the "Genre" label will not be showing for folders.  Please let me know that the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
just tried it out and works like a charm... the genre tag is also gone like you said.  issue definitely fixed. thank you again so much  Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder names disappeared in Fanart View0