24 fps and 60 Hz
Hi community!

I am new to Kodi and have a very important question for me.
So far I have been watching my mkv with MPC BE and madVR in Windows 10. But now I want to switch from Windows to Linux Mint. And unfortunately there is neither MPC nor madVR for Linux.

There is one function in madVR that Kodi apparently does not have, and that is Frame Blending, in madVR it is called Smooth Motion. This is very useful if you play a 24 fps or 25 fps video on a screen that can only do 60 Hz. It prevents jerking and makes the picture smoother.

Is there a way to use this in Kodi as well?

Thanks for your help Smile

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Very curious to see if this is indeed an option
"Sync Playback to Display" is designed to do this by slightly increasing the speed of the video, however I think it works better to play 24 fps at 50hz. Playing 24 fps and 25 fps at 60hz doesn't really fit, unless you increase the speed by 25%, so I'm not sure if this would work. Does your display not have a 50hz option?
No, my screens can only work at 60 Hz. These are notebooks.
That's why "Sync Playback to Display" is no use to me.

Smooth Motion by madVR solves exactly this problem, in which the frames are crossfaded. I don't know exactly how this works, but it works great and has NOTHING to do with frame interpolation, so there is NO soap opera effect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24 fps and 60 Hz0