Widgets
How do I add a widget to show MY Trakt tv shows in progess.
(2020-11-06, 13:57)aceuk Wrote: How do I add a widget to show MY Trakt tv shows in progess.

Who Knows? This is the most confusing skin ever made! Impossible to figure out how to simply add a widget to a section in an addon.
For what version need ?
Almost all version have "flexible widget"
From main menu "up" arrow,  on open panel then choose widget...
If you want to add new widget (not present on list), need to set your content in skin settings- customise MainMenu - (from left menu choose "empty") - in middle panel "replace this menu with" - from right list choose video nodes (find your addon and need to set path for "MY Trakt tv shows" )
If you set corect in "flexible widget" at the end of panel will be visible your new label...just click on it....
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2021-02-14, 20:11)Angelinas Wrote: For what version need ?
Almost all version have "flexible widget"
From main menu "up" arrow,  on open panel then choose widget...
If you want to add new widget (not present on list), need to set your content in skin settings- customise MainMenu - (from left menu choose "empty") - in middle panel "replace this menu with" - from right list choose video nodes (find your addon and need to set path for "MY Trakt tv shows" )
If you set corect in "flexible widget" at the end of panel will be visible your new label...just click on it....

So you have to make a separate home menu item that you arent going to use,  just to make a video node so you can make a widget on another home screen item? Thats seems wacky to me.
I wonder why not just add a Video node button to the flexible widgets section when you press up to choose a widget you could click video node and browse to the section you want? That would seem more logical wouldnt it?
Hide that menu....try it Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Thanks, but doesnt work on the Matrix version, only makes a shortcut to the section and doesnt expand the section into a widget.
(2021-02-14, 20:26)jdig4240 Wrote: I wonder why not just add a Video node button to the flexible widgets section when you press up to choose a widget you could click video node and browse to the section you want? That would seem more logical wouldnt it?

cannot agree you anymore,
I love this skin too much and it is really pretty good. but...
I have no idea why not design the easy widget setting as most skins do or the method you mentioned,
I wonder why not just add a playlist to flexible widgets section in skin setting\customise Main Menu to choose a widget you could click playlist and browse to the file you want.
MQ already make customise function but not include widget setting, I beg Author to add this function, please.
(2021-02-14, 22:25)jdig4240 Wrote: Thanks, but doesnt work on the Matrix version, only makes a shortcut to the section and doesnt expand the section into a widget.
It works on leia, just upgraded to matrix and it doesn’t work. Hoping there is some new trick
(2021-03-14, 08:34)sheen73 Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 22:25)jdig4240 Wrote: Thanks, but doesnt work on the Matrix version, only makes a shortcut to the section and doesnt expand the section into a widget.
It works on leia, just upgraded to matrix and it doesn’t work. Hoping there is some new trick
you need to downlond this 
https://github.com/scott967/script.modul...ree/Matrix
and that
https://github.com/scott967/script.exten...ree/Matrix

Now you will see the movies,
How to link it to an Addon I do not know
That doesn't work for me. I had this working on Leia, you just add it to custom menu and hid, then use it to create a widget so I know how to do it in that version. Not sure why its different now.

Here is what's available, I cant even see the nodes I created.

Should never be this hard to add a widget from an addon, smh.
There are two ways to solve it:

1. According to Wanilton's pre-announcement of Aeon MQ9:
Aeon MQ9. have improvements about widgets, but release date is unknown.

THIRD GENERATION WIDGETS
- Direct access to playlists and nodes. You no longer need to create an item in the main menu to have playlist widgets, you can now choose any existing playlist or node independently.
- The well-known feature called My Menu now gives way to Custom Favorites. Each of the 30 menus can have a set of independent custom favorite widgets. You can create a list with unique or mixed content with movies, sitcoms, addons and etc ..
- New button for Custom Widget where it is possible to include a url for exclusive content.

link is here.

2. Latts9923's Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod (also sync to Kodi Matrix version)
I pointed out these question as you met, and Latts9923 might achieve our wish, now wait for his MOD.
1. add set Widget in skin setting\customise Main Menu
2. add set Smart Submenu in skin setting\customise Main Menu
3. add a switch to turn on/off smart tool.

link is here; and here (If you are urgent, maybe you can contact Latts9923 to ask progress)
(2021-03-18, 10:30)adsi Wrote: There are two ways to solve it:

1. According to Wanilton's pre-announcement of Aeon MQ9:
Aeon MQ9. have improvements about widgets, but release date is unknown.

THIRD GENERATION WIDGETS
- Direct access to playlists and nodes. You no longer need to create an item in the main menu to have playlist widgets, you can now choose any existing playlist or node independently.
- The well-known feature called My Menu now gives way to Custom Favorites. Each of the 30 menus can have a set of independent custom favorite widgets. You can create a list with unique or mixed content with movies, sitcoms, addons and etc ..
- New button for Custom Widget where it is possible to include a url for exclusive content.

link is here.

2. Latts9923's Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod (also sync to Kodi Matrix version)
I pointed out these question as you met, and Latts9923 might achieve our wish, now wait for his MOD.
1. add set Widget in skin setting\customise Main Menu
2. add set Smart Submenu in skin setting\customise Main Menu
3. add a switch to turn on/off smart tool.

link is here; and here (If you are urgent, maybe you can contact Latts9923 to ask progress)

I think I post here to prevent from anymore privy message about Widget problem of MQ8 to me.

First of all, I am not the developer, I am one of you who confuse flexible widget is not humanize to me.
So, please no more ask me about the procedure of MQ8-Mod or MQ9's Widget. As I know, Latts9923's
MQ8-Mod does not complete my request untill now, and MQ9's release date has no schedule.
So, if you feel pity and urgent, I suggest you use other skins, or just wait their comming.
Aeon MQ9 - version 0.8.0

Now is easier to choose or change widgets, we have a new option available to open the widget selector.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widgets0