"Chromecast with Google TV" with Kodi; playback 576p fullscreen and related questions
Hello.  Newbie alert here Smile

I have just bought a new "Chromecast with Google TV" (GCCwGTV), connected it with wired ethernet, plugged it into an older LG 1080 TV, and installed Kodi on it.

So, now I have a couple of what I hope to be easy config questions.

Context:
I have external USB3 disks with a range of media files in h.264/aac (interlaced and non-interlaced) and h.265/aac ... so I setup a Raspberry Pi 4 as a very cheap NAS on my home LAN, and the "NFS shares" can be seen by Kodi on the CCwGTV.
How to setup a NAS:
1. how to setup a Raspberry Pi 4 as a NAS using SAMBA with an external USB3 disk https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...1&t=289943
2. how to setup a Raspberry Pi 4 as a NAS using NFS with an external USB3 disk https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8#p1751528

A couple of things perhaps someone here knows the answers to:

a) 576p video files play in a window smaller than the 1080 sized LG TV; 1080 plays full screen OK. Is there a setting for the 576p to play it "full screen" ? ... Also, is Kodi decoding it in software ot is it hardware decoding on the GCCwGTV ?

b) when Kodi is listing video files from the NAS (NFS), they show in a relatively skinny window in the middle of the screen on the 1080 sized TV, and hovering over one make that filename scroll-right so you can see the rest of it. Almost all of my files thus have their filenames partly obscured. Is there a setting to make that skinny window wider so I can easily see the full filenames ?

c) does the CCwGTV device play h.264 interlaced content (eg as recorded from TV) natively or would Kodi be doing software decoding/deinterlacing (or it won't play at all) ?

Thanks.
In regard to (a) above, I suppose I should also ask if there's a "video passthrough" kind of setting somewhere Smile
(2020-11-06, 22:33)hydra3333 Wrote: found the option for wide-screen listing. in media list then left-arrow then find the option for the type of listing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Chromecast with Google TV" with Kodi; playback 576p fullscreen and related questions0