New Nokia branded Android TV Box
Looks promising with a real remote. US release unlikely says the article.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/11/06...n-buttons/
Quote:The Streaming Box 8000 has the expected HDMI connection for plugging into your TV, but it also has built-in Ethernet, a USB 3.0 Type-A port, and a USB Type-C port, plus an optical audio and AV-out socket. According to @androidtv_rumor, it will have an Amlogic S905X3 chipset and run Android TV 10. It will support dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, and 4K display resolutions. There's no word on Dolby HDR/audio standards support, but the hardware should theoretically be able to handle it.
It's available for under 100 € now - so far in Europe only, it seems.
Here the product page
Quote:Specifications

Audio & video

Display resolution:        4K Ultra HD
    Video resolution:          4Kx2K@60fps, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i
    Audio decoding:           Dolby Digital Plus

System & memory

Operating system:       Android™ 10
    Chipset:                       Amlogic S905X3
    CPU:                            Quad-Core Cortex-A55
    GPU:                            ARM Mali-G31 MP2
    SDRAM:                       DDR3: 2 GB
    Flash                            eMMC: 8 GB

Smart features

Netflix
    Prime Video
    YouTube
    Google Play
    Google Assistant
    Chromecast built-in
    USB multimedia

Ports

HDMI
    USB-A 3.0 (5 V, max. 900mA)
    Digital audio (optical)
    AV (3.5 mm)
    USB-C (5 V, max. 1 A)
    Ethernet LAN
    DC IN (12 V, 1 A)

Wireless connectivity

Wi-Fi:            IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz + IEEE 802.11a/n/ac, 5 GHz
    Bluetooth:     4.2

Compatibility

HD, FHD and UHD TVs with HDMI port
    Bluetooth keyboard
    Bluetooth game controller

General data

Power supply:                               AC 100 - 240 V AC ~ 50/60 Hz
    Input voltage:                               DC 12 V, 1 A
    Power consumption working:        max. 12 W
    Power consumption in standby:    0.5 W
    Operating temperature:                0 ~ +50 °C
    Storage temperature:                  -20 ~ +70 °C

Dimensions

Width (in mm):        112
    Depth (in mm):        112
    Height (in mm):        24
    Weight (in kg):         0.25
    Color:                      Black
Looks like a bit of a disappointment this device, especially for the price paid.
Everything output as HDR on a HDR TV is a major Bug that is unacceptable.

Mini Review over on Reddit(click)

You have to be really careful these days with Android (TV) devices if using USB storage to make sure they support NTFS formatted Hard Drives if intending to playback large (>4GB) 4K video files.

(2020-12-19, 04:00)wrxtasy Wrote: Looks like a bit of a disappointment this device, especially for the price paid.
Everything output as HDR on a HDR TV is a major Bug that is unacceptable.

Mini Review over on Reddit(click)

You have to be really careful these days with Android (TV) devices if using USB storage to make sure they support NTFS formatted Hard Drives if intending to playback large (>4GB) 4K video files.
There is the same HDR problem on the new Mecool KM6. Do you have a tip to get around the problem? 

Is the problem the same on all HDR TVs with this device? I ask you the question because nobody talks about this problem ...
I have a brand new one, but I will send it back.

Indeed, I didn't manage to fix the fact that the passthrough doesn't work well. There is a delay between video and sound, and not always the same delay...
Not using the passthrough give me simple stereo on my amp, not even prologic...

My old A95X Max was working fine until it broke down....
(2022-08-21, 20:54)Kurn415 Wrote: Not using the passthrough give me simple stereo on my amp, not even prologic...

Not sure what you mean by that last bit - ProLogic decoding is designed to take a stereo signal with Dolby matrix surround and decode it. The stereo signal won't automatically trigger ProLogic decoding unless it's a Dolby Digital 2.0 bitstream that has metadata flagging that it contains matrix surround content. If you've disabled passthrough and only have stereo PCM output then you wouldn't expect automatic triggering of ProLogic decoding - that's a manual choice you make separately on your AVR?

Or are you saying that the stereo output when play a 5.1 sound track you get a Lo/Ro rather than Lt/Rt mix down? (Lt/Rt is the matrix surround compatible mixdown technique, Lo/Ro is the non-matrix surround compatible mixdown technique)
I changed my nokia box for a Strong leap-S1, I had the same disapointment.... until I changed android parameter to allow to decode dolby and until I changed the kodi Audio output device parameter to the not recommended one (I had to increase the surround speakers level into my AV because the surround level was very too low)

I will make some new test with the Nokia now I fixed the problem with another box, and I will let you know.
The new Nokia 8010 comes around ...

--> https://streamview.com/en/detail/85b04c7...5d095f3ffd

--> https://www.mynokia.com/streaming-device...-box-8010/

With Dolby Vision, 3 USB ports and gigabit ethernet.

So guys what do you think? Huh
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
Very good device if 5.1 sound is fine with kodi ;-)
Specs are impressive , wonder how much they will retail at ?
pretty sure this is the same as

the homatics https://androidtvbox.eu/homatics-box-r-4...d-streamer
and the rocktek https://androidtvbox.eu/rocktek-g2-is-a-...lby-vision

specs look the same, for me the rocktek is easier to get
(2023-03-13, 20:48)ontap Wrote: Specs are impressive , wonder how much they will retail at ?

First european shops got the box. Actually you need to pay the original price: 170€ / 180$

But i think when the stores are filled the price will drop.

PS. The keys from the remote are lighted :-)
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
Got the information that exFAT USB storage is supported :-D
(2023-03-13, 21:05)jepsizofye Wrote: pretty sure this is the same as

the homatics https://androidtvbox.eu/homatics-box-r-4...d-streamer
and the rocktek https://androidtvbox.eu/rocktek-g2-is-a-...lby-vision

specs look the same, for me the rocktek is easier to get

I may pick up one of these to play with. One question I have for you Android box fans is how you deal with the lack of a fully function remote control and Kodi ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-03-19, 14:50)jbinkley60 Wrote: I may pick up one of these to play with. One question I have for you Android box fans is how you deal with the lack of a fully function remote control and Kodi ?
Some of the stock remotes are very limited,  the Shield is by far the worst, but you can typically use an add-on BT, IR or USB-HID remote.  Most of the cheap Android boxes now have a reasonable number of keys, even number keys for PVR.

Using CE on a supported Amlogic box, you can pretty much use any remote you use on a PC. 

On topic the Nokia will be on of the SEI Robotics OEM boxes but they are not exactly the same.  Here is a good sample of their line https://www.androidtv-guide.com/oem/sei-robotics/  of the line (It is missing GCCwGTV) and not all of them run CE so if that is important go to the CE forum.   

Of note for the Hometics it is the only one that I have heard talk about dovi.ko on CE.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Nokia branded Android TV Box0