Crazy graphics and/or assertion on startup with alpha3 (and there abouts in svn)
svn 14845

xbmc.bin: ../xbmc/Util.h:70: int MathUtils::round_int(double): Assertion `x > static_cast <double>((-2147483647 - 1) / 2) - 1.0' failed Oo

vobie
Hi there,

It'd be most useful if you could generate a callstack/bt on that. Once we see where it's coming from it'll be much easier to fix.

See here for more info

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Please build with debugging enabled for now, GCC is doing something strange while inlining some functions.
Yeah it fails every time without debugging now.
This *should* be fixed.
I just installed the 2.1 alpha 3 through ppa on ubuntu hardy(i386) and I get exactly this result.

Any way I can fix that?
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
yellowman Wrote:I just installed the 2.1 alpha 3 through ppa on ubuntu hardy(i386) and I get exactly this result.

Any way I can fix that?

Hello, same thing for me Sad
For the last week or so I have been compiling with NODEBUG on Gentoo on two different systems, one 32bit and one 64bit. The 32bit one the graphics just went crazy, the 64 bit one the graphics were simply too big, it looked like it was a bad zoom.

When I recompiled on both systems with NODEBUG removed it worked 100%.

I know this isn't what you want for a bug report, but it's not crashing per se, can still press S and shutdown.
Congrats on getting this far with these builds.. Ive just done sudo apt-get install xbmc with the latest version and xbmc wont run

Before i put a full debug log etc together is there anything obvious im missing Im on Hardy heron Kubuntu and the previous version of the PPA worked even though i had some problems with the SVN..

When i run from command ine after the install this is all i get.
xbmc.bin: ../xbmc/Util.h:70: int MathUtils::round_int(double): Assertion `x > static_cast <double>((-2147483647 - 1) / 2) - 1.0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

So before i start the process of debugging i wanted to see if i have missed anything obvious - and yes althekiller i have searched..

Shane
Same thing for me here... Previous version from PPA was fine..is there anyway to revert back to it

shane
Yep. Exactly same here on Ubuntu 8.04.
Same thing here running Hardy.
You searched?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35781
Yes i posted there also.. so yes.. Well done you on taking the time to post your most helpful response.. im sure it will help..

Shane
Count me in too. Just "upgraded" from SVN and now this error...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crazy graphics and/or assertion on startup with alpha3 (and there abouts in svn)0