Pulse-Eight USB CEC+Google Home+Harmony Hub questions and advice
Well, The title says most of it. I recently upgraded my TV and AVR. I have a Vizio M557-G0 and Sony STR-DN1080 with my Windows 10 HTPC as the hub to (mostly all) media and gaming. This is my first cec/arc receiver and TV, I got the TV and AVR to talk to each other and my volume controls the AVR. 😄 I currently am using an acoustic research Xsight remote and have that configured just fine but hate exiting devices, activities etc. I am however unlike many people and DO love having a plethora of control devices. Just not juggling remotes or switching from device to device within my Xsight. (first world problems😅) I am interested in integrating the pulse-8, google home and harmony hub for smartphone, voice and remote controls. Namely so my children, nephews, neices and friends can control using just my tv remote....and because like i said earlier, I hate juggling remotes. What I am concerned about is whether the pulse 8 plays nice with 4k HDR signals, google home and the harmony hub. I did just learn that my receiver will automatically switch to the TV input when a different hdmi source is activated on my tv (I love arc+cec).  What I essentially want is for all directional keys to send its corresponding keypress. Additionally, I would like to have the Pulse-Eight send keystrokes that mirrors what I have already programmed my Xsight remote to do, while still sending the standard remote commands to my other devices. From what I understand, that can be done...The reason for wanting keypresses to be sent is for my Launchbox/BigBox setup. I am accustomed to XML editing as I created my own custom keymap for kodi years ago and have edited it recently to make the keys jive with LB/BB. I hope I am not coming off as rambling and that this makes sense. lol

I know I didn't talk much about the google home/harmony hub setup, but its pretty basic. I want to do a "poor man's" automation setup and love that the assistant talks to the harmony hub so I can tell it "next track" or "change input on my receiver" etc. This would eliminate the need to fiddle with changing devices on my remote as well as giving me the harmony app for controlling all my devices sould I need to switch and am currently in the yatse app or vizio smartcast app. I also plan on grabbing one of those smartcast tablets to eliminate the need to ever pull out my phone.

So, if anybody has any advice or wants to give me a heads up of issues they ran into doing something similar, little tips, tricks and tweaks or just whatever, I am open to any and all conversations.
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulse-Eight USB CEC+Google Home+Harmony Hub questions and advice0