• 24(current)
Animated Movie and TV Show Posters
(2021-08-07, 11:17)Klojum Wrote: @Klatue I really do appreciate the enthusiasm that goes into this forum thread, but don't you think it's more practical to stick to animated posters only, as per the thread title? The various static F&F posters are looking great, but IMO it spoils the thread a bit. I mean, people can find those "normal" posters everywhere, I think the animated posters are harder to find.
Hi @Klojum how are you?  In regards to the added "static" background images, they are a byproduct of the "Live-Action" animated posters source material (video clips).  I started adding a few sets to match the "Live-Action" animated posters.  I figured someone might like the carpets matching the drapes (if you know what I mean).  As a result of posting the "static" background images I received a request to continue posting them.  The person who made the request has been on this thread from day one and has given this thread a "Thumbs Up" on most of these post.  So, I obliged their request.

I understand how you feel it may be confusing to some people or spoils the "flow" of this thread, but as it turns out, some visitors like the bonus material...Who knew..?  I appreciate you taking the time to stop by this thread; it's nice to get a response from users from time to time.  By the way, how many of these posts have you "Thumbed Up"?
(2021-08-07, 17:40)Klatue Wrote: but as it turns out, some visitors like the bonus material...Who knew..? 
Indeed, who knew? If that is the case, then so be it. Smile

(2021-08-07, 17:40)Klatue Wrote: By the way, how many of these posts have you "Thumbed Up"?
I'm here now in a more or less official capacity of moderator. Personally I'm not using animated posters. I'm using the Estuary skin to the bare minimum, and thus keeping things tiny including smaller-sized static posters. It's what keeps my simple Kodi devices lean & mean.

But as I said, I do appreciate your efforts, as plenty of people do their own part in the Kodi experience. Some people develop code, other people create graphics, and others shout loudly from time to time to keep people on the forum in line.
@Klojum 

All of the posters are animated.  None of them are static.  I think it's pretty cool to have so many to choose from since we are all unique and prefer one over another.  I know personally I have a hard time selecting because all I'll ever use is one. 

The fanart is what's static.  I'm set to use 12 rotating every couple seconds.  Those too can be animated if they were created and some have been.  My machine isn't powerful enough to take advantage of them though so I totally respect the lean and mean concept which I apply in other respects to my Kodi install.  I'd rather see 12 different static images rotating quickly than one animated image tbh because I get more info about the title. 

The static fanart provided here is imo much more appealing than what scrapers provide especially when it comes to reminding me what the title is about.  I have a large collection.  Some titles I don't revisit for years and many are obscure but worthy of saving.  To familiarize myself when surfing the library, I rely on fast rotating images to remind me of what I'm focused on preferring actual movie snippets.  The seconds it takes to present me visual memorable moments from a title (that I previously selected anticipating this refamiliarizing) is far quicker than watching the trailer... which I do from time to time also.  Same with the synopsis, actors, etc.  I use a custom skin (Aeon) with a MyFlix view.  This presents all of the data and artwork I find necessary and most relevant in plain view while cruising titles without having to enter various details pages.  So for me, it really speeds up navigating my library.  I simply don't have the capacity to retain knowledge for all titles and/or episodes and welcome the reminders I set up for myself.  

Many, many times scrapers consider the same fanart picture at different sizes separate images and so they get repetitive.  When 'customs' are posted here along with animated posters, they compliment each other and also make it easier to manually replace the 'junk' and different sized dupes scrapers already automatically deposited.  If it were not for the fanarts posted here along with the posters, I honestly wouldn't hassle it.  The majority of my collection has more junk fanarts than I care to admit.  Because the process is completely automated, I can't look a gift horse in the mouth. 

It's too cumbersome for me to hunt down or 3rd party replacement artwork.  But when a user such as @Klatue provides it neatly packaged here, 99% of the legwork is already done.  Also, we seem to click on images that are truly memorable assisting my navigation.

All of this is why I 'Like' just about everything he posts (and other folks too), remain loyal, and encourage his continued participation.  I'd bet others do too... they just refuse to learn or practice that 'like' button and don't understand the importance of it.  It was created for a reason - to gauge ones contributions and accumulate these small tokens of appreciation so that others can visually see how many have appreciated a particular user - it's an easy way of saying thank you without posting "Thank you".

All of this said, you both deserve many more rep points than you have.  Both of you are well respected great contributors and without you... the place wouldn't be the same.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
The Suicide Squad (2021) (Pt.2)

(GIF)
Removed
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) (Pt.1)

(GIF)
Image  Image
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) (Pt.2)

(GIF)
Removed
Removed
Removed
Removed
Jungle Cruise (2021) (Pt.2) (Click here for Pt.1)

(GIF)

(APNG)
Image  Image
What If...? (2021) (Pt.1)

(GIF)
Image  Image

Image  Image

Image  Image

Image  Image

Image  Image

Image  Image
What If...? (2021) (Pt.2)