v18 Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?
(2020-11-26, 03:55)Crashtastic Wrote: It appears I can disable the The Movie Database Python scraper, but I can't seem to disable the default The Movie Database scraper.
You don't disable scrapers, nor do you try to remove them or delete them. And installing one does not automatically mean you are using it.

You simply pick the one you want to use. You pick it on your Source. Source > Context Menu > Change Content then change scraper, then adjust the settings if you need to.

Make sense? If not, let me know where you are getting stuck.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-26, 04:16)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 03:55)Crashtastic Wrote: It appears I can disable the The Movie Database Python scraper, but I can't seem to disable the default The Movie Database scraper.
You don't disable scrapers, nor do you try to remove them or delete them. And installing one does not automatically mean you are using it.

You simply pick the one you want to use. You pick it on your Source. Source > Context Menu > Change Content then change scraper, then adjust the settings if you need to.

Make sense? If not, let me know where you are getting stuck.

I believe I understand it now. I first wasn't sure what you meant when you said "pick it on your source", but I believe I found where to change it. I go to Settings > Media > under Manage Sources, I select Video > press and hold the select button on the location where my videos are stored (which happens to be a network share) > select Change content > then for the Choose information provider option, change that to The Movie Database Python.

Thanks for the assistance.
(2020-11-27, 04:51)Crashtastic Wrote: but I believe I found where to change it. I go to Settings > Media > under Manage Sources, I select Video > press and hold the select button on the location where my videos are stored (which happens to be a network share) > select Change content > then for the Choose information provider option, change that to The Movie Database Python.
Yes, that is one way to do it and either way do work exactly the same. If you have the Video menu available (and some skins hide it) then you can also use the method in the image.

Correct with Choose Information Provider and selecting The Movie Database Python. Now that Source uses the new scraper for future scraping. It does not affect what is already in your library. You can even perform that process one folder level further on a movie, so you can change the scraper for a single movie (or tv show) if you ever have reason to use a different scraper for a single movie.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-27, 05:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 04:51)Crashtastic Wrote: but I believe I found where to change it. I go to Settings > Media > under Manage Sources, I select Video > press and hold the select button on the location where my videos are stored (which happens to be a network share) > select Change content > then for the Choose information provider option, change that to The Movie Database Python.
Yes, that is one way to do it and either way do work exactly the same. If you have the Video menu available (and some skins hide it) then you can also use the method in the image.

Correct with Choose Information Provider and selecting The Movie Database Python. Now that Source uses the new scraper for future scraping. It does not affect what is already in your library. You can even perform that process one folder level further on a movie, so you can change the scraper for a single movie (or tv show) if you ever have reason to use a different scraper for a single movie.

I really like the fact that you can search for a movie using the TMDB ID. Although rare, I have noticed on a few occasions with the default TMDB scraper that it can’t find a movie, even though I have confirmed that the movie is within TMDB. Even with the manual search, I’ve tried searching using alternative names and it can’t find it. Now with the TMDB Python scraper, when all else fails, I can simply search by the TMDB ID. So my compliments to whoever added that feature.
hello,

I came here because I have the same error in my log with the ( KeyError: 'items' )

full debug log here https://paste.kodi.tv/ibibasuzaq.kodi

but I have the latest addon. if possible to please look into the debug log and give me your opinion. much appreciated Smile

I started recording the debug log after kodi finished the auto library update at start up because it fills the log with the debug for scanning every item in my library and then the log will be too large to paste. I hope this is ok.
@Jaqo

I don't see any scraping problems. You scraped Spiral, and it seemed to have scraped ok.

You are not using TheMovieDB scraper, you are using Universal Movie Scraper so you posted in the wrong thread.

Please explain what scraping problems you are having.
My Signature
(2021-01-24, 11:33)Karellen Wrote: @Jaqo

Please explain what scraping problems you are having.
yes you are right I am not using the movie DB but it is installed and this is the error that I saw here and I have same one in my debug so I really do not know why the error happened I do not see any problem on kodi I just get that error in the debug... I also not sure where to post it, I just post here because I thought it is same thing... please move the post whereever you see fit. or let me know if I should remove it and post somewhere else.

ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\dialogs\DialogBaseInfo.py", line 259, in get_youtube_vids self.yt_listitems = youtube.search(search_str, limit=15)
File "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.kodi65\lib\kodi65\youtube.py", line 199, in search
listitems = handle_videos(results["items"], extended=extended)
KeyError: 'items'

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?0