Win Skin Editing
Hi everyone. Hoping there is an easy mod for this.

I have edited the Amber skin to look the way I want but there are 2 things currently in my way.

I need to make it so widgets appear on top of everything. Is this possible. The reason I am going for this is because the widgets are currently hidden behind a part of my vertical menu image.

Also I want a preview window on the home menu, so whatever is playing is visible as a preview?

Any tips on what xml files need editing and what to add or change?

Appreciate your help

James
(2020-11-13, 18:43)jblackwell1990 Wrote: Hi everyone. Hoping there is an easy mod for this.

I have edited the Amber skin to look the way I want but there are 2 things currently in my way.

I need to make it so widgets appear on top of everything. Is this possible. The reason I am going for this is because the widgets are currently hidden behind a part of my vertical menu image.

Also I want a preview window on the home menu, so whatever is playing is visible as a preview?

Appreciate your help

James

@jblackwell1990, neither of those are easy mods. The widgets are not hidden by the vertical menu, they are positioned to start right beside the menu image. You would have to hide the menu when the widgets are focused, and move them to start on the left edge of the screen. As for th preview, have you thought about how it would look, where would you place it? And I suppose it would only be for the vertical menu?

There are multiple xmls to edit to do both of these. I will think about them a bit and tell you where to look. If possible, can you do a mock up of how you envision the home window looking with the widgets taking up the full space and the preview showing? That way I have a better idea of what you are looking for, and can evaluate how it can be done.

Alternatively, once I see your mock up and determine that indeed it can be done, I can go ahead and do the mods myself. The caveats here are that both might not be possible, and that it would take me a while to complete them (think of over a week?).

Please let me know how do you want to proceed. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-14, 13:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-13, 18:43)jblackwell1990 Wrote: Hi everyone. Hoping there is an easy mod for this.

Appreciate your help

James

@jblackwell1990, neither of those are easy mods. The widgets are not hidden by the vertical menu, they are positioned to start right beside the menu image. You would have to hide the menu when the widgets are focused, and move them to start on the left edge of the screen. As for th preview, have you thought about how it would look, where would you place it? And I suppose it would only be for the vertical menu?

There are multiple xmls to edit to do both of these. I will think about them a bit and tell you where to look. If possible, can you do a mock up of how you envision the home window looking with the widgets taking up the full space and the preview showing? That way I have a better idea of what you are looking for, and can evaluate how it can be done.

Alternatively, once I see your mock up and determine that indeed it can be done, I can go ahead and do the mods myself. The caveats here are that both might not be possible, and that it would take me a while to complete them (think of over a week?).

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I habe actually managed to work around the widget issue by cutting the part of the image on the menu that was appearing on top and instead using that cut of the image as the cradle background of the widgets. Works pretty well and you wouldn't even know.

As for the preview screen, I can send you a screenshot via email of what I have already done and you will instantly be able to see what I am after. Don't want to post it on here as it may be against rules and guidelines. The skin I am making for personal use but is frowned upon on here
(2020-11-14, 18:23)jblackwell1990 Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 13:31)bsoriano Wrote:

Appreciate your help

James

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I habe actually managed to work around the widget issue by cutting the part of the image on the menu that was appearing on top and instead using that cut of the image as the cradle background of the widgets. Works pretty well and you wouldn't even know.

As for the preview screen, I can send you a screenshot via email of what I have already done and you will instantly be able to see what I am after. Don't want to post it on here as it may be against rules and guidelines. The skin I am making for personal use but is frowned upon on here

@jblackwell1990, sure, send me the screenshots (also of your widget mod) to [email protected]. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Editing0