• 2(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod
The user @Shredder_guitar came to me with an idea to auto update the Aeon MQ skin settings when holidays come around. We've been working on this for a while, and I think it's finally ready to release to everyone. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the idea/contributions and @robweber for the cronxbmc updates!

Downloads
Cronxbmc
Scripts
Favorites
UPDATE #5 - This will update the skin to v1.0.0.5

ImageAdditions
  • I added "Premiered:" to the Video OSD to display the premiered date when you are watching an episode.
  • I added the option in Skin Settings to use a different color for the glow on the neon menu bar.
  • I added Premiered, Status, Awards, Country, and Writer to Video Info for TV Shows. Thanks to Angelinas for the idea!

ImageBug fixes
  • The title stopped scrolling after about a minute when using Layout 6 in music viz. Thanks to RobinTW for reporting the bug!
  • The composition was not displaying in the main menu if you select a Playlist as a Main Menu item. Thanks to gotham_x for reporting the bug!
  • The Right List view was not allowing you to navigate if you moved the pointer with a mouse. Thanks to woggs for reporting the bug!
  • The modern font was not displaying for the views and Video Info screen when the modern fontset was selected. Thanks to ausvette for reporting the bug!
  • Selecting "I" on the keyboard will now toggle on/off the furniture in the music viz screen.
  • I fixed a problem with the Smart Shortcuts in the Top Menu. Thanks to fuorigioco1981 for reporting the bug and Angelinas for providing the fix!

ImageMaintenance
  • You can now enable/disable the release date/premiere and plot info in the Video OSD with the "MEDIA INFO IN OSD MENU" button in Skin Settings. Thanks to fuorigioco1981 for the request!
@latts9923, Within a few days I'll probably install Kodi 19 and this MQ7 Matrix mod on my Android test box. Are there any extra requirements besides the ones you've mentioned in #1.

Example: all my extrafanarts (fanart1, fanart2, etc) are placed in an extrafanart folder. Can I leave the extrafanart images in the extrafanart folder, or do I have to move them to the main folder?
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@MB1968
I have not had a lot of success with Matrix importing artwork. I have to manually add some of the artwork for Movies/TV Shows after importing the videos since Artwork Beef is not available for Matrix. Which made me think...I renamed the "ARTWORK BEEF FANART" setting to "ARTWORK HELPER FANART". That fanart setting will use the fanart images in the movies main folder. You can still use the "EXTRA FANART" setting for your extrafanart subfolder with Matrix. Which made me think again...looking at the code for MQ 8, it only uses Skin Helper for the extrafanart, so I added more code to make it use the extrafanart subfolder first. Thanks for making me think of all this! Haha.
Not a lot of succes? That sounds disturbing hahaha.

Are you using an advancedsettings.xml file containing the types of artwork you want Kodi to add to the database? Or should Matrix do this by default, without the need of an advancedsettings.xml file?

I'm considering to move all my extra fanarts to the main movie folder. The dev of AWB explained the advantages of doing so. I think it's better to follow the Kodi standards although I'm not a fan of all the clutter in the main movie folder. And I have a pretty large movie database, so moving the fanarts from the extrafanart folder to the main movie folder is a time consuming job. I could not find a tool to bulk move the images. But the dual pane mode in Free Commander and synchronized folder browsing, works pretty well so far.

I'm considering the use of characterart (poster1, poster2 etc) for movies. What would you advise for Matrix? An extra folder for characterart or the main movie folder, to store the images? Thanks for your help.
Windows 11 Pro

I'm not using advancedsettings.xml...I'm using "Maximum" mode in the Kodi settings. I just read (link) that there was a bug with using numbered artwork in Maximum mode.

I've started storing all my artwork in the main movie folder with any new movies I add, but I have not started doing that with existing movies that have an extrafanart subfolder.

All my characterart is in the main movie folder.
Thanks for the useful info. I'll read the page that describes the bug in Maximum mode tomorrow.

I've succesfully installed the Matrix mod today. That went pretty smooth. I'm really surprised how well it's working yet with all modifications. My compliments.

I have decided to start with a fresh install, so there's a lot of work to do.

I had a serious database crash after I added movies to the library. I had to delete MyVideos119.db to prevent Kodi from contininously crashing. I have to find out first, what is causing this. If I find skin issues (not related to the buggy skinhelper service) I'll report them.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
Really...I haven't had any database problems, but I've only added a few items for testing. I need to try and add my entire movie library and see what happens.
I installed the latest nightly build, hoping it would fix the Matrix RC1 issue. Nope. It happened again this morning.

I have a pretty extended library setup. Three sources (external hd, pc, webdav), nine movie folders for each source.

There's no information in the log or old logfile. It seems that one of my webdav folders is causing the problem. I'll add one folder to the library per day to track down the culprit.

Glad RC1 working fine for you. Keep it that way Wink
Windows 11 Pro

I think I found a small bug. The watched icon for items in the video library (or YouTube) is missing in RightListView.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
I see the watched flag in Right List. Do you have both settings enabled (Progress Info in Skin Settings and Watched Label in Top Menu)?
No I hadn't. Thanks. That setting is mandatory for having the watched label to work in RightListView?
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
Yeah, a handful of the views require both to be enabled.
Okay, clear. Any idea why the library status for the main menu is not visible when using a playlist? Not added yet, or not possible under Matrix?

Off topic: I found out what webdav movie folder is causing the crash. But to be honest, I have no faint idea what causes it. I'll have to test it step by step. Can't post a debug log on Github, otherwise a moderator probably will hit tilt Wink
(is that good English? It's a Dutch saying.)
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
I still can't get the library status to display for playlists on Matrix. I think it's possible, I just don't know what code to use yet.

Glad you located the problem. I follow you on the "hit tilt". There's a Three Stooges episode where Larry tries to cheat at pinball. The machine flashes "YE OLDE TILT" and whacks Larry on the head with a hammer. Haha.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod0