• 143(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
Thanks @latts9923 for the update. Very much appreciated.

There is one issue that has been around for so long, and I have seen it mentioned a few times (not recently) and although livable with, Im not sure it should occur.

In LiveTV, when the Guide is being shown, the BACK button (backspace or remote back) is pressed, the SMART SHORTCUTS top menu is displayed, rather than taking you back to where you came from (eg: Main Menu). You have to press the BACK again to get you back to where you came from.

Just wondering if you can put that on the list to check please? Maybe it is "by design" this occurs, but then, all other menu items (music, tv shows, movies) dont follow that "design".

Thanks, Rob
@latts9923 nice update Thank you !!
@RB0135
You're welcome!

Try this...close KODI and go to userdata/keymaps and open keyboard.xml. Add a custom TVGuide keymap like this...

xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f5>ReloadSkin()</f5>
</keyboard>
</global>
<TVGuide>
<keyboard>
<e>PreviousMenu</e>
<t>ShowTimerRule</t>
<epg>PreviousMenu</epg>
<g>NextChannelGroup</g>
<n>ActivateWindow(PVRGuideControls)</n>
<backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
<browser_back mod="longpress">Number0</browser_back> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
<period mod="longpress">ChannelNumberSeparator</period>
<numpadperiod>ChannelNumberSeparator</numpadperiod>
</keyboard>
</TVGuide>
</keymap>

Now try backing out of the TV Guide.

@martinsvision
Thanks...and you're welcome!
(2022-11-25, 14:14)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #31 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.1

Image Additions
  • I added a new button in the music viz settings that's named "HIDE JEWEL CASE". This controls the display of the jewel case for layout 3D. It is disabled by default and only visible when layout 3D is selected. If enabled, the slide animations will not work, but the disc art still displays. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
Hi @latts9923 sorry for being a pain, and certainly not a biggie, but is it at all possible to still have the animation so that it will show the rear of the case. So you get the flat cover which flips after a few seconds to show the flat case rear (if that makes any sense?). I'm happy just to add a few lines of code to one of the xml files if it doesn't make it as an update. No worries if this is not possible.

Thanks!

Pete
@Chalklands
Sure, I can work on that.
I'm pretty much at the end of my rope and pulling my hair out dealing with my music library. Scrubbed and redid everything. Cleaned library. Created extrafanart folders for my artists put them in Artist Information folder Set the folder in Kodi settings. Rescanned. Set the artwork  path to the folder. Now I have ZERO extra fanart showing, in Extra Artwork OR Artwork Helper mode unless I manually go in and select Fanart 1, Fanart 2,Fanart 3 etc for EVERY ARTIST.Wtf? Unless I'm in Shelf 3Dv2 view, and I select Show Extra Fanart in Thumbnail.Then it DOES cycle thru the extra fanart. But I still have no artist thumbs showing in Magazine or poster views. Aughh. What the hell is going on?  😑
@latts9923 

Hi,
I saw that you could link a movie to a tv show. Which is nice. But is it possible to create the reverse??
Link a tv show to a smart playlist that already contains movies. This would allow me to have all my anime in one place.
I know I've asked this before, but haven't had a response. I thought maybe I worded it wrong.
Thanks.
@RCBodyslam
If you select "EXTRA FANART" for an Artist, the skin first uses Skin Helper to see if there is artwork for the Artist at fanart.tv. If that fails, it should fall back to the extrafanart folder for the Artist in the Artist Information Folder. However, I just found a bug in the code...it wasn't pointing to that directory. I just fixed that and it will be part of the next update. For Artwork Helper, if you have your Artist Information Folder path set, and you have the images fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc. in the Artist's folder, KODI will import those when you scrape that Artist into the library. In Media > Music do you have ARTWORK LEVEL set to MAXIMUM? I just imported a new Artist. KODI added the fanart images, but it failed to add the folder.jpg as the thumbnail for the Artist. I had to manually add that image.

@Skin helper error
I'm not aware of a way to add a TV Show to a smart playlist for Movies.
@latts9923

Thanks for the info. 🙂  I eventually did figure out how extra fanart works. I was just confused, thought extra fanart would show the art in my extrafanart folders. 

I do have it set to maximum. Maybe part of the issue is I used Artwork Beef to scan my Artist Information folder. Had it set to not use scrapers, just import my local art but something may have got mucked up. I'll clean my library and try again just letting Kodi do the work.

Hopefully that will fix the other issues I'm also having. I can see my xtra fanart using Artwork helper in Artist view, but not Album or Song view. Just shows .fanart image. Maybe third time will be the charm.
@latts9923 

Ok, thank you for your answer.
Well I didn't think it was possible for me to be more confused, yet here we are, lol. I started over with my music library (again). Scanned a couple of artists. Even with the artwork configured in the  Extrafanart folders within the Artist Information folder,  Kodi STILL isn't picking up Fanart 1 Fanart 2 etc images. I STILL have to go in and select each one for each artist, which is a total PITA. I do have clearlogo, banner, clearart etc within my extrafanart folders. Should they be included or separate? 

And I still have no thumbs in Poster or Magazine 3D views and a couple of others(low list is one). Even if I go into choose art and select a different thumbnail from remote art or the info folder, they still don't show up. 😭
@RCBodyslam
OK...I know now why you're not seeing your artwork after scraping. Your artwork goes in the Artist folder...not in the extrafanart subfolder. Only place the fanart images you want to see when using the "EXTRA FANART" art setting in the extrafanart folder. When you manually select your thumbnail, are you going to the Artist info screen and selecting CHOOSE ART?
(2022-11-28, 21:24)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
OK...I know now why you're not seeing your artwork after scraping. Your artwork goes in the Artist folder...not in the extrafanart subfolder. Only place the fanart images you want to see when using the "EXTRA FANART" art setting in the extrafanart folder. When you manually select your thumbnail, are you going to the Artist info screen and selecting CHOOSE ART?
@latts9923 , @RCBodyslam - As of late, I am having just as much difficulty as RCBodySlam. Something is now terribly mixed up for importing Albums. Now, I found in the Artist Slideshow config for the Addon, you can turn on"use extrafanart folder" and I seemed to have to have that on then all local images were scraped properly for an assortment of songs, BUT, not for Albums. 

At one stage, if Kodi scraped an Album and I had missing Artwork, it would retrieve it and place it in the Album Directory for the Album (such as the folder, disc image, etc) and for the Artist Directory (I have a special location for "all music information"). This doesnt seem to happen now with any scraper. For Example, my structure for my Music Directory is exactly like Kodi recommendations and that is an Artist, then their Albums in a directory each underneath the artist. Kodi seems to scrap the music fine, but doesnt load any Album Artwork. I have Maximum artwork turned on in the settings.

I too have completely cleaned everything (my special musicinfo directory that I point the addons and Kodi too, as well as removed the music sources, and music.db file).

For anyone (even @latts9923 ) that says it works for them, do you mind sharing your settings for Music (such as which scraper, prefer online, etc) and does it download the artowrk to the correct Artwork directory. It seems the scrapers just download to the Kodi DB although the Team Kodi Generic Album Scraper doco says it will place missing artwork it in the Album directory.
(2022-11-26, 14:19)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
You're welcome!

Try this...close KODI and go to userdata/keymaps and open keyboard.xml. Add a custom TVGuide keymap like this...

xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f5>ReloadSkin()</f5>
</keyboard>
</global>
<TVGuide>
<keyboard>
<e>PreviousMenu</e>
<t>ShowTimerRule</t>
<epg>PreviousMenu</epg>
<g>NextChannelGroup</g>
<n>ActivateWindow(PVRGuideControls)</n>
<backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
<browser_back mod="longpress">Number0</browser_back> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
<period mod="longpress">ChannelNumberSeparator</period>
<numpadperiod>ChannelNumberSeparator</numpadperiod>
</keyboard>
</TVGuide>
</keymap>

Now try backing out of the TV Guide.

Thanks @latts9923 but this doest work.

To expand on "doesnt" work, it works once, the trying it multiple times, the default behaviour (showing Smart Shortcuts). So to test, I went into LIVE TV from the Main Menu. Looked through the the guide, then pressed the back button on the remote. It indeed took me to the Main Menu. Went back into LIVE TV, did the same thing (look through the guide) pressed the Back Button and the Smart Shortcuts menu is shown. Tried different other combinations and always the Smart Shortcuts is shown after the Back Button pressed.

It doesnt matter, I rarely use this, so I will just live with it. Thanks anayway for sharing.
DOH!!  Okay so if I take the fanart out of the extrafanart folder, so that they're just in the artist folder, then Kodi will populate Fanart 1, etc? But if I do that, then I won't be able to see the images in the top right window in Shelf or Magazine views, will I? 

And yeah, that's exactly how I was choosing the thumbs. There's Artist information folder and Item Folder. I was going into choose art and picking from the info folder, but then I also chose from remote images and they still didn't show up.
  • 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0