• 149(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
(2022-12-13, 13:37)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
Yeah, the logo won't show in the other views until I release the next update.

@latts9923 , thanks. I was not sure if this fix was part of this or next update.
Thanks, again for the great work you produce.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2022-12-13, 13:37)latts9923 Wrote:  

@killersquirrel59
Hmm...try disabling your other skins and see if that fixes your menu items.

I can select local folders when I choose "CHANGE BACKDROP - MULTIPLE IMAGES".

I created a custom menu item and chose a local folder with the multiple images button. It displays all the images in the folder.
I should have said this at the start but I'm running Kodi on an Android TV, so only having access to local storage is a pretty notable problem. And I think you misunderstood the problem with the images. The issue is that I can ONLY select local folders with a single image selection, not that I can't select local folders. And with a Custom menu item, there is no option in the menu for multiple image, only for single images, which only allows local selection.
@killersquirrel59 NM, sorry I misread your post. You are talking about menu backgrounds. I do have all of them stored locally. Honestly never tried to store them on my NAS so no idea if it’s possible or not but sounds like you tried and it’s not. I have all my content, movies/music, DB, as well as other backgrounds I use when listening to music all stored on my NAS. That said,I do have access to my NAS storage from within Kodi running on my Shields and use it for lots of things.
(2022-12-13, 18:43)wags1 Wrote: @killersquirrel59 NM, sorry I misread your post. You are talking about menu backgrounds. I do have all of them stored locally. Honestly never tried to store them on my NAS so no idea if it’s possible or not but sounds like you tried and it’s not. I have all my content, movies/music, DB, as well as other backgrounds I use when listening to music all stored on my NAS. That said,I do have access to my NAS storage from within Kodi running on my Shields and use it for lots of things.
I definitely can access my NAS in some cases, but the options for external storage disappear when selecting single images. That's the problem. It's pretty clearly just a big as there would be no reason to have external images be possible for multi image selection but not for single.
(2022-12-13, 13:37)latts9923 Wrote:  

@killersquirrel59
Hmm...try disabling your other skins and see if that fixes your menu items.

I can select local folders when I choose "CHANGE BACKDROP - MULTIPLE IMAGES".

I created a custom menu item and chose a local folder with the multiple images button. It displays all the images in the folder.
@latts9923 thanks. I disabled all my other skins (except for Estuary and Estouchy which you can't) then uninstalled and reinstalled Aeon MQ 8 from your repository and that does appear to have fixed the menu issue. Not sure why that would have caused this since I think the only other skins I had are all from the default Kodi Repository, but it works now.

The image issue persists however. In the menu customization screen, for all the existing items I see two options: Change Backdrop - One Image and Change Backdrop - Multiple Images. When I select Multiple Images I can access my NAS and get to my background collections. When I select One Image I can only access local storage which is not really useful on a Smart TV. And when I create a new Menu item as My Menu 1, the option for Change Backdrop - Multiple Images is no longer there, only allowing Change Backdrop - Single Image, which still only allow access to local storage.
@latts9923 side question: Is it possible to have different background images set for video nodes or subsections? I have one category of videos where I want the main folder to have one set of background images and subfolders to have different ones, but none of these videos are Movies or TV shows and as such are only accessible via Files browser. If I remember right this was possible in Aeon MQ 7 but doesn't seem to be in MQ 8, with the background defaulting to the parent node when even when I manually change the background image via the Customize Menu giving separate selections to submenu items.
(2022-12-13, 21:06)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 18:43)wags1 Wrote: @killersquirrel59 NM, sorry I misread your post. You are talking about menu backgrounds. I do have all of them stored locally. Honestly never tried to store them on my NAS so no idea if it’s possible or not but sounds like you tried and it’s not. I have all my content, movies/music, DB, as well as other backgrounds I use when listening to music all stored on my NAS. That said,I do have access to my NAS storage from within Kodi running on my Shields and use it for lots of things.
I definitely can access my NAS in some cases, but the options for external storage disappear when selecting single images. That's the problem. It's pretty clearly just a big as there would be no reason to have external images be possible for multi image selection but not for single.
I guess that you did added Sources from "Addons" "File Manager". To use  In Menus "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE" you need to select first "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" which will let you select directory on your NAS that then will be used for "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE". It is kind of tricky but that is how it works. I have all of my backgrounds and database for my 5 kodi installs (Nvidia Shield Pro) on my NAS. "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" is used only to set directory where the images are, not for selecting individual images. Hope this help.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2022-12-13, 23:26)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 21:06)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
I guess that you did added Sources from "Addons" "File Manager". To use  In Menus "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE" you need to select first "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" which will let you select directory on your NAS that then will be used for "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE". It is kind of tricky but that is how it works. I have all of my backgrounds and database for my 5 kodi installs (Nvidia Shield Pro) on my NAS. "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" is used only to set directory where the images are, not for selecting individual images. Hope this help.
That's just not how it works on my Kodi. I've tried that and it doesn't allow for me to access anything external from Change Backdrop-One Image. Furthermore Change Background-Multiple Images still doesn't appear at all for custom menu items such as My Menu 1, 2, 3, etc.
(2022-12-13, 23:29)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:26)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 21:06)killersquirrel59 Wrote: I definitely can access my NAS in some cases, but the options for external storage disappear when selecting single images. That's the problem. It's pretty clearly just a big as there would be no reason to have external images be possible for multi image selection but not for single.
That's just not how it works on my Kodi. I've tried that and it doesn't allow for me to access anything external from Change Backdrop-One Image. Furthermore Change Background-Multiple Images still doesn't appear at all for custom menu items such as My Menu 1, 2, 3, etc.
Yes, I do not use Menu 1, 2, 3 etc. and yes "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" does not exist when Menu 1,2,3 is selected. In all "standard" menu items you have to use "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" to select remote directory where the images are stored and then using "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE" pick the image you want for background for this particular menu item.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2022-12-13, 23:51)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:29)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:26)andrzejls Wrote: I guess that you did added Sources from "Addons" "File Manager". To use  In Menus "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE" you need to select first "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" which will let you select directory on your NAS that then will be used for "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE". It is kind of tricky but that is how it works. I have all of my backgrounds and database for my 5 kodi installs (Nvidia Shield Pro) on my NAS. "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" is used only to set directory where the images are, not for selecting individual images. Hope this help.
Yes, I do not use Menu 1, 2, 3 etc. and yes "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" does not exist when Menu 1,2,3 is selected. In all "standard" menu items you have to use "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" to select remote directory where the images are stored and then using "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE" pick the image you want for background for this particular menu item.

Well I just tried that and it doesn't work for me. I'm not sure what the bug is, but I dont' get additional options when I go back to Change Backdrop - One Image. I got around it by putting the single image I want in a separate folder and picking that folder with Multiple Images, but that uses way more processing power as it's trying to run a slideshow.
(2022-12-13, 23:54)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:51)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:29)killersquirrel59 Wrote: That's just not how it works on my Kodi. I've tried that and it doesn't allow for me to access anything external from Change Backdrop-One Image. Furthermore Change Background-Multiple Images still doesn't appear at all for custom menu items such as My Menu 1, 2, 3, etc.

Well I just tried that and it doesn't work for me. I'm not sure what the bug is, but I dont' get additional options when I go back to Change Backdrop - One Image. I got around it by putting the single image I want in a separate folder and picking that folder with Multiple Images, but that uses way more processing power as it's trying to run a slideshow.
Yes, this method will not work with "Menu 1,2,3" etc. Work with ALL standard menus. You can rename any of them. I do not see any reason as to why I would use "Menu" 1,2,3.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2022-12-14, 00:04)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:54)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-13, 23:51)andrzejls Wrote: Yes, I do not use Menu 1, 2, 3 etc. and yes "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" does not exist when Menu 1,2,3 is selected. In all "standard" menu items you have to use "CHANGE BACKDROP-MULTIPLE IMAGES" to select remote directory where the images are stored and then using "CHANGE BACKDROP-ONE IMAGE" pick the image you want for background for this particular menu item.

Yes, this method will not work with "Menu 1,2,3" etc. Work with ALL standard menus. You can rename any of them. I do not see any reason as to why I would use "Menu" 1,2,3.
The reason I would use Menu 1, 2, 3 is that I have a menu that I want the submenu accessible from the main menu, but don't want the main menu item to actually do anything. Basically I want to make the main menu item a category with the submenu linking to several different video nodes all accessible easily in that package without cluttering the main menu with separate entries for each node.
@killersquirrel59 Gotcha, guessing I probably just never tried that scenario.
@killersquirrel59, OK, never thought of that configuration.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2022-12-14, 00:14)andrzejls Wrote: @killersquirrel59, OK, never thought of that configuration.

Yeah I've got a bunch of videos in my collection that don't neatly fit into either Movies or TV Shows so I need to do a lot of manual organization and creation of subcategories. This seemed the best way to collect a bunch of them in one easily accessible place. And the structure works, it's just a bit annoying I can't get separate background images for them.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0