• 160(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
(2023-01-21, 02:08)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-20, 23:26)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-20, 22:25)wags1 Wrote: @Chalklands Good news, I’ll try that on my second Shield…it’ll save me some time. Thanks.

Going back to 19.5. Nexus is not ready for "prime time". Crashing.....3 days of trying.
I listened to music using the Pandoki addon running MQ 8 Nexus Mod with Skin Helper Service Widgets disabled but everything else as it was with Matrix. Worked fine except it crashed once about every hour. Not too bad for a brand new release. My guess is it will get better pretty fast…
When it does, then I will try. Until then .....
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@wags1
Make sure you're using the latest code for Skin Helper Service ColorPicker. When you download and install the add-on, it will still say v2.0.1, but the file ColorPicker.py will get updated, and you should then be able to select colors.

@Chalklands
I just tried Magazine 3D for Music on Nexus and I see the Alphabet bar setting in the Top Menu. Try it again when I release v1.0.0.1. I think it's ready...I'm putting the final touches on it right now.
@latts9923 Thanks!
@latts9923 

Thank you
UPDATE #35 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.5

Image Additions
  • I added the Magazine 3D view to Music Videos. I added the plot (if available) and made the title font smaller so that the song title might be displayed better. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • The "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS" setting was being used for the Music Info screen instead of the "DIALOGUE TOP ART" setting. Thanks to Lammoth for reporting the bug!
@latts9923 
I presume this update is for MATRIX, right?.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
@latts9923 
I am trying to install from your repo AEON MQ 7 - Nexus Mode ver. 1.0.0.1 and is fails dependencies. I was successful with version 1.0.0.0 but I no longer have it and I do not see it in your repo link. Could you let me know where I can download an install that version first?.

Update:
I got MQ 7 Nexus Mode running. Question, are you also involve in MQ 7 Development?.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
@andrzejls
Yes, the update is for Matrix. The Nexus Mod v1.0.0.1 includes this update as well.

MQ 7 is no longer being developed...I just maintain the mod.
The artist logos don’t work in the music views again. ☹️
Hi,

Is there a way to change subtitle color ? I don't find how to do that...
@Lammoth
I had to make another tweak to the code for the logo to distinguish between the views setting and the music info screen setting. It will be part of the next update.

@Groooompf
The option to change the subtitle font color was introduced in Nexus.
Will we have everything we have on the mq8 matrix on the nexus Huh Are we going to lose anything?
@martinsvision
The Nexus Mod has every update for Matrix included.
(2023-01-23, 02:32)latts9923 Wrote: @Groooompf
The option to change the subtitle font color was introduced in Nexus.

I have Nexus, but I don't find how to change subtitle color. There is no color option in the subtitle options.
Hi.
My discoveries after two days of using Kodi 20 Nexus with Aeon MQ8 Nexus Mod:

With Nexus and MQ8 i can say, SkinHelperService is completely broken, at least on Android. If I activate SHS Kodi is no longer usable as it crashes in less that 2 seconds after every start. I had a hard time to disable SHS without completely uninstalling Kodi. Once I've got managed to disable SHS my system is working really solid, even with MQ8-Nexus. Indeed it seems to be much more stable than previous Matrix installation as far as I can judge this after two days. Probably most issues on earlier installations are based on SHS issues too.. So SHS is a very weak point of the whole system, at least on Android.

Aside this major issue I saw some glitches. First of all, with 1.0.0.1 I didn't see any poster in right list view, even not on Android (where it was working with 1.0.0.0 before, but probably only because it was updated from Matrix version). The missing poster also is an issue in "information" window for series. Here also no poster is shown (also it should be). 

No view shows "Studios", no matter if text or logo, Excerpt for some 3D listviews, where the logo is shown on top of the case. But even here the text is not displayed.

Media-Cases are only shown in 3D views not in 2D ones. 

For now I will leave SHS disabled as the only thing I found not working with disabled SHS (aside the glitches mentioned above, where I didn't see a connection to SHS at all) is the color picker. So no way to change some colors of the skin in GUI. No big deal to me...

If needed I can do some screenshots to show the glitches mentioned above...

I'm really happy that I can use my preferred skin with Kodi 20 Nexus too, thank's a lot.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, Claus

https://modellbahnblog.de/buddy-tools/
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0