• 161(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
(2023-01-23, 16:10)Lehmden Wrote: Hi.
My discoveries after two days of using Kodi 20 Nexus with Aeon MQ8 Nexus Mod:

With Nexus and MQ8 i can say, SkinHelperService is completely broken, at least on Android. If I activate SHS Kodi is no longer usable as it crashes in less that 2 seconds after every start. I had a hard time to disable SHS without completely uninstalling Kodi. Once I've got managed to disable SHS my system is working really solid, even with MQ8-Nexus. Indeed it seems to be much more stable than previous Matrix installation as far as I can judge this after two days. Probably most issues on earlier installations are based on SHS issues too.. So SHS is a very weak point of the whole system, at least on Android.

Aside this major issue I saw some glitches. First of all, with 1.0.0.1 I didn't see any poster in right list view, even not on Android (where it was working with 1.0.0.0 before, but probably only because it was updated from Matrix version). The missing poster also is an issue in "information" window for series. Here also no poster is shown (also it should be). 

No view shows "Studios", no matter if text or logo, Excerpt for some 3D listviews, where the logo is shown on top of the case. But even here the text is not displayed.

Media-Cases are only shown in 3D views not in 2D ones. 

For now I will leave SHS disabled as the only thing I found not working with disabled SHS (aside the glitches mentioned above, where I didn't see a connection to SHS at all) is the color picker. So no way to change some colors of the skin in GUI. No big deal to me...

If needed I can do some screenshots to show the glitches mentioned above...

I'm really happy that I can use my preferred skin with Kodi 20 Nexus too, thank's a lot.
@Lehmden  As mentioend previously by a lot of us, SHS is the weak point on any OS (Android, Linux, Windows, etc). People blame Kodi for crashing, yet it is this and other Addons that cause the crashing. Just an FYI, to remove SHS when Kodi crashes on start (which I have experienced multiple times when testing in hope with SHS enabled), if you can get to your file system, just delete the skinhelperservice directory out of the kodi/addons directory. This will allow you to start Kodi, then go to addons and disable it (before it tries to re-install itself).

Ive been running Nexus since day one on my main system without SHS (tried it on my test system first then bite the bullet) and I too have noticed it is way more stable (without SHS installed) than previous Matrix and it seems faster in Navigation and other areas.

I cant report any glitches with my setup and MQ8 so far.

Until Skin developers stop using SHS or SHS fix the software )as in put error checking in) then these crashes will occur. I have seen it over countless versions of Kodi where SHS is involved.
@Groooompf
Are you using v1.0.0.1 of the skin?

@Lehmden
I am not able to reproduce any of the glitches you are reporting. You might try installing Kodi and the skin from scratch and see if that helps.
(2023-01-24, 13:45)latts9923 Wrote: @Groooompf

I'm using the v 1.0.3.5 of the skin. On Nexus.
@Groooompf
Ah...that's the problem. You need to use v1.0.0.1 of the Nexus Mod...you're using the Matrix Mod.
(2023-01-24, 13:45)latts9923 Wrote: @Groooompf

@Lehmden
I am not able to reproduce any of the glitches you are reporting. You might try installing Kodi and the skin from scratch and see if that helps.
@latts9923, I am using 1.0.0.1 skin version and I installed Nexus from the "scratch" and Kodi crashes when SHS, SHW and, the worst cause of crashes, Favouirtes 8.1.2 script (avoid that one like plague) are enabled. I tested this on Nvidia Shields Pro`s and Firestick 4K Max. Once those 3 adorns are disabled or removed Nexus runs good.

Update:
There is a Favourites script 8.1.3 that works with Nexus Link

Correction:
Favourites script 8.1.2 works fine when SHS and SHW are disabled.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
are all these problems on android devices?
(2023-01-24, 13:45)latts9923 Wrote: @Lehmden

I've done this, with even more glitches than before (upgrading from 1.0.3.5 Matrix) The poster were shown as I've upgraded from matrix and now after a clean install of Kodi Nexus and MQ8 1.0.0.1 they are no longer shown. Not showing on Android and also not showing on Windows. Linux I don't use, so I can't tell anything about the glitches on Linux (CoreElec,...)...
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, Claus

https://modellbahnblog.de/buddy-tools/
(2023-01-25, 12:22)martinsvision Wrote: are all these problems on android devices?
The crashes are much more heavy on Android (totally unusable with SHS enabled) than on Windows (only now or then a crash). But even on Windows things are running better a lot without SHS... To me the optical glitches are the same on Android and windows... I've installed the MQ8 skin from Latts repo, not from a zip file or similar. A broken or incomplete zip is not causing those glitches.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, Claus

https://modellbahnblog.de/buddy-tools/
(2023-01-24, 20:17)latts9923 Wrote: @Groooompf
Ah...that's the problem. You need to use v1.0.0.1 of the Nexus Mod...you're using the Matrix Mod.

Ok.
I try, but the download speed is very slow : 1% done in 3 minutes... Is there a problem with the repo ?

EDIT : Finally it's done !
@latts9923 your repo shows up blank when updating to 4.0.1 but connects fine using 4.0.0 on Kodi Omega
@gemini88
I updated the version info with v4.0.1 to match Nexus 20.0. I don't have an Omega repo available yet. You can manually download the Nexus files here.
@latts9923 yh I figured that brother I just thought I was going crazy because 4.0.0 works on Omega but 4.0.1 was empty
@latts9923 also the tvtunes addon is amazing thought I would never see it back up and running it was cool years ago to have that feature thanks for reviving it brother the only thing is that its cpu heavy and the shield has 6-7 yr old hardware and it just can't keep up with it 😂 so its always stutters scrolling through my library but I have to have that feature so idc 😂😂😂😂
(2021-04-11, 16:21)simomkd Wrote: Forgive the question given my lack of English, I find it difficult to read the whole forum. I would like to ask how to get the icons in the image, in the 4k files I still have the SDR and 8bit labels, tell me which addons to download or if so what settings? Thank youwhere the heck I can found these info?
which xml??

Forgive the question given my lack of English, I find it difficult to read the whole forum. I would like to ask how to get the icons in the image, in the 4k files I still have the SDR and 8bit labels, tell me which addons to download or if so what settings? Thank you
You need to include in file name HDR and 10bit. For instance : "MoveName.Year.HDR.10bit.4K.mkv"
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
  • 161(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0