• 60(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
(2021-07-28, 12:45)latts9923 Wrote: @wuwei163
Let me work on the Arial fontset and see if I can get the menu to work.

OK, thanks!!!
Hi latts !

First of all thanks for your work on this skin.

I have some issues and I'd like to know if you can solve those.

I run Kodi 19.1 on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and of course MQ 8.

I ran MQ 8 on Coreelec before and those issues never appeared :

- On the movies list, the "spinning disc" no longer appears while I enabled it in skin settings and in the upper quick menu. But it appears when I "pause" a movie or a TV show.
- Always on this movies list (or TV shows also), MQ 8 on coreelec Kodi Leia gave me the option of having random fanarts every 2 or 3 seconds when I stayed on the page of a movie or a TV show. Today this is no longer the case and I do not know where to look in the options to find it.

Thanks a lot for your help.
(2021-07-29, 16:52)joretapo Wrote: Hi latts !

- On the movies list, the "spinning disc" no longer appears while I enabled it in skin settings and in the upper quick menu. But it appears when I "pause" a movie or a TV show.
- Always on this movies list (or TV shows also), MQ 8 on coreelec Kodi Leia gave me the option of having random fanarts every 2 or 3 seconds when I stayed on the page of a movie or a TV show. Today this is no longer the case and I do not know where to look in the options to find it.

Hi,
Two things for you to check.
1. Make sure that Skin Helper is running (get latest version- 1.6, I think)
2. Check that in top menu "COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW"  on the very bottom of it, "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS-POSTER" and "CINEMAGRAPH-FANART" are disabled.
hi i am using your skin with matrix and found out that movie collections eg sets or movie set are not showing up all though the option for sets is on if think this has been since favourites script was updated to 8.1.2 before sets was showing up thanks for your advice
(2021-07-30, 00:42)andrzejls Wrote:
(2021-07-29, 16:52)joretapo Wrote: Hi latts !

Hi,
Two things for you to check.
1. Make sure that Skin Helper is running (get latest version- 1.6, I think)
2. Check that in top menu "COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW"  on the very bottom of it, "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS-POSTER" and "CINEMAGRAPH-FANART" are disabled.

Thanks a lot andrzejls ! It works now.
Many thanks again !
If you download/install from repo latest version that should be 1.0.1.3 but actually shows as 1.0.1.2 in settings and is other places to check version.
First, let me say thanks to @latts9923 for this awesome theme. Quick question, does anyone know how to set/change the default view for movies in sets.  When I go to Videos/Movies/Sets I can change this view. But then when I go to a particular set, for example, "James Bond Collection", and then change the view for the items here, the change does not replicate across all of the sets. Meaning if I go to a different set, it displays as the default "Wall" view. Is this something attributed to this theme or Kodi in general? I can't recall.
I tried upgrading to to MQ8 matrix from mq7 krypton.  Didn't go so well.  I'm getting the following skin helper error.  Does anyone know what is going on?  I manually installed the "typing_extensions" module but it didn't do anything.  Still have the same error
Quote:ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'typing_extensions'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                       from metadatautils import MetadataUtils
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                       import helpers.kodi_constants as kodi_constants
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/kodi_constants.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from .utils import KODI_VERSION
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                       import arrow
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from .api import get, now, utcnow
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/api.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.arrow import TZ_EXPR, Arrow
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/arrow.py", line 34, in <module>
                                                       from arrow import formatter, locales, parser, util
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/formatter.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       from arrow import locales
                                                     File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/locales.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                       from typing_extensions import Literal
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'typing_extensions'
@Jason.Bourne
I am able to reproduce this behavior. I have never noticed that before. I see the same behavior in the default skin as well.
(2021-08-01, 01:05)latts9923 Wrote: @Jason.Bourne
I am able to reproduce this behavior. I have never noticed that before. I see the same behavior in the default skin as well.
@latts9923 Thanks for checking. Do you happen to know if there is a way to override that behavior whether through the advancedsettings.xml file or through python source code?
Thanks so much to @latts9923 .. this is my fav skin! I was using this in Leia and recently upgraded to Matrix.   
I have a question about extrafanart. 
I've been using Media Companion to generate nfo and artwork for a Plex library. Everything is provided locally so I am not using any scrapers in Kodi.
It seems the extrafanart option (in showcase layout for example) is the only way to get the behavior I'm used to (ie: background changes and thumbs)

The only problem i find is that having the extrafanart, extrathumbs folders triples the time it takes for Plex to scan for new media, and with a large library this can be brutal.
I recall long ago, upon exporting a Kodi library, that for actors Kodi was putting those jpgs in a hidden folder. (ie: a period in front of the folder name)

What I'd like to do is change all my extrafanart-thumbs folders to be hidden by renaming them with a period in front so that plex can't see them.
Is it possible to change the code (path) in the skin layout and/or skin helper so that it looks for the hidden path instead? and where would i need to make those changes in code?

thx
@latts9923 
Do you know where is the code to define font outline width for SRT subtitle?
not use ASS/SSA method.

I think the KODI default setting of font style of "normal" is still too heavy.
Hello, I have a problem since update 1.0.1.3, the subtitle and audio flags no longer appear!
ImageImageImage
https://www.casimages.com/i/210801011333290922.jpg.html
https://www.casimages.com/i/210801010032402711.jpg.html
https://www.casimages.com/i/210801010110153003.jpg.html
hi i got a problem with movie sets that are not showing but they was before thanks

@Jason.Bourne
I just noticed that Skin Helper Service offers a "forced views" option. I tested the code with Movies in a Set and it works like a champ! I will add this to all the skins, and it will be included in the next update.

@ez009
You're welcome! The preferred method for fanart now is to have them all located in your Movie/TV Show folder (Movie Title (2021)-fanart.jpg, Movie Title (2021)-fanart1.jpg, Movie Title (2021)-fanart2.jpg, etc.).

@adsi
Let me get back with you.

@Markus88000
I am unable to reproduce this problem. I didn't mess with the code for the audio/subtitle flags in the last update.

@bluebug
I still see Sets...not sure what the problem could be. Are you sure those Movies are associated with a Set? If you open the Context menu for a Movie and select Manage you can then select Manage Movie Set to verify.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0