• 62(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
@grimmace92 Ive just come here after updating my Vero4K, do you have any any pointers to how i'd go about getting MQ8 up and running on the device?
@Nickerw
LOL...sorry, I meant to send that to @roninf.
Smile 
(2021-08-08, 21:45)latts9923 Wrote: @Nickerw
LOL...sorry, I meant to send that to @roninf.

Okay, good you're watching everything!!!
(2021-08-08, 20:40)Adam1V Wrote: @grimmace92 Ive just come here after updating my Vero4K, do you have any any pointers to how i'd go about getting MQ8 up and running on the device?

It's a labor of love lol.  I had to install everything manually via zip.  Refer to the post by Angelinas for the order to do things.  Sometimes you will need to satisfy dependencies and go find the zip needed.  Arrow was one that was a pain.  You need the latest one to fix some errors.  Takes some time but everything works properly except TvTunes.  Known bug on latts list.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...6&page=285
I’m trying to install the skin, but it stays at the ‘Do not press any key”.

I installed Latts repo, then SkinHelper, ExtendedInfo and then the skin. When it asks if I want to use the skin, I say yes, and then it hangs on Aeon MQ8 B&W Edition screen.

i have tried it on Librelec and a Vero 4k+. 

I then uninstalled the skin, and tried installing from the zip file from the link on page 1.  Same hang on both boxes.

what am I doing wrong?

cheers
(2021-08-10, 00:54)ChiWang Wrote: I’m trying to install the skin, but it stays at the ‘Do not press any key”.

I installed Latts repo, then SkinHelper, ExtendedInfo and then the skin. When it asks if I want to use the skin, I say yes, and then it hangs on Aeon MQ8 B&W Edition screen.

I then uninstalled the skin, and tried installing from the zip file from the link on page 1.  Same hang on both boxes.

what am I doing wrong?

cheers

me too , half and hour nothing happen & close reopen also same .
lol ,after installation this skin, now my kodi no even can go in and hang the skill do no press any key.......wtf, i want see my movie.

my windows kodi & tvbox kodi same. lo.
(2021-08-10, 00:54)ChiWang Wrote: I’m trying to install the skin, but it stays at the ‘Do not press any key”.

what am I doing wrong?

cheers
Maybe no one has answered is that you are not searching this forum. This has been documented.

I find when this happens, press/click back button and you will find Kodi needs other secondary modules installed. They will appear on the top of the screen.

Sometimes, people have installed each individual module seperately and in order such as @grimmace92 mentioned a few posts back.

I always experience the same issue as you (under Linux and Windows) and I just press the back button (yes, it says not to), then try again and it asks each time what needs to be installed... Eventually it continues and installs.
(2021-08-12, 13:20)RB0135 Wrote:

what am I doing wrong?

cheers
Maybe no one has answered is that you are not searching this forum. This has been documented.

I find when this happens, press/click back button and you will find Kodi needs other secondary modules installed. They will appear on the top of the screen.

Sometimes, people have installed each individual module seperately and in order such as @grimmace92 mentioned a few posts back.

I always experience the same issue as you (under Linux and Windows) and I just press the back button (yes, it says not to), then try again and it asks each time what needs to be installed... Eventually it continues and installs.
Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. I read through this thread and since @grimmace92 had the same issue I was hoping for some detail on how to resolve. I had tried the back button several times (I would say 5 or 6) but it seemed to eventually hang the box.  I will give it another try and see.
@ChiWang
@plsharevme
If you follow the installation guide in the first post, it should install with no problems.
(2021-08-14, 12:25)latts9923 Wrote: @ChiWang
@plsharevme
If you follow the installation guide in the first post, it should install with no problems.
Yes, those instructions work; the previous ones did not for me.

Thank you for your work on this mod - fantastic skin.
I just experienced with the main menu bar stlye and not I'm stuck with this:

"Restore settings" doesn't work >.>
ImageImageImage@latts9923   hi many thanks for your amazing work and all your help . 

i took some screens shots to show you is it possible to adjust either the menu bar or the clock as the menu bar seems to be slightly hiding the clock .
would it be possible to have a submenu with more than 10 items or is your skin more to do with widgets as i am trying to get most of my items from youtube and it looks a bit odd only having 2 items in submenu.. the picture in black is aeon nox just woundering if the submenu can look like that on your skin   many thanks again for your help and advice
UPDATE #14 - This will update the skin to v1.0.1.4

Image Additions
  • I added the "Premiered" label in Video Info to Music Videos. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • I added some missing studios to the default and colored studio icons...TIK Films, Tim Burton Productions, and STX Entertainment. The Colored Media Icons add-on update is available on my repo. The user escoces1968 reported these as missing a few months back, and I forgot all about it.
  • I added a "HIDE RATING STARS" button to the Music Viz settings that will only display for layouts 6 & 7. Thanks to YinYang for the request.
  • I added a new feature called Forced Views. This is part of Skin Helper Service and is now available for Sets. I have included a Youtube video tutorial.

ImageMaintenance
  • The Top Menu button "DIALOGUE ACTRESS ART" will now display for Episodes and Music Videos, and the Top Menu button "DIALOGUE TOP ART" will now display for Episodes. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • The "Premiered" label that is available in some views for Movies and Music Videos will now display the premiere date instead of just the year. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • The menu items were not displaying for some languages, so I changed the default font in the Arial fontset to use the Arial font. Thanks to wuwei163 for the request!
(2021-09-06, 18:34)latts9923 Wrote: tube video tutorial

@latts9923 Thanks so much for this update, and thanks for the shoutout in the youtube vid.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0