• 78(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
I found some interesting thing in Settings-->Media(files and Library)-->Library-->Videos-->Movies-->Change Content. In The Movie Database Python settings make sure that you ADD SPACE character in "Certification Prefix" Rated. If there is NO space after word "Rated" then when you reload Movie info you will loose Ratings icon due to the fact that now in the MyVideos119 Database "movie" table rating is listed as (just rating example) RatedPG-13 (notice no space between Rated and PG) and not as Rated PG-13. I also changed Default rating from to IMDB. This fixed on of the issues I was having. with "movie" database table. 
For TV_Shows Content I changed to THE TVDB (NEW) as Information provider which gave me proper info once I reloaded each TV_Show. One thing I learned there is that when you "reload" TV_Show select "NO" for episodes info and "YES" for show itself.
(2022-01-16, 18:20)andrzejls Wrote: I found some interesting thing in Settings-->Media(files and Library)-->Library-->Videos-->Movies-->Change Content. In The Movie Database Python settings make sure that you ADD SPACE character in "Certification Prefix" Rated. If there is NO space after word "Rated" then when you reload Movie info you will loose Ratings icon due to the fact that now in the MyVideos119 Database "movie" table rating is listed as (just rating example) RatedPG-13 (notice no space between Rated and PG) and not as Rated PG-13. I also changed Default rating from to IMDB. This fixed on of the issues I was having. with "movie" database table. 
For TV_Shows Content I changed to THE TVDB (NEW) as Information provider which gave me proper info once I reloaded each TV_Show. One thing I learned there is that when you "reload" TV_Show select "NO" for episodes info and "YES" for show itself.
You change something....
always was, default="Rated " with "space"
https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...gs.xml#L11
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2022-01-16, 19:38)Angelinas Wrote:
(2022-01-16, 18:20)andrzejls Wrote: I found some interesting thing in Settings-->Media(files and Library)-->Library-->Videos-->Movies-->Change Content. In The Movie Database Python settings make sure that you ADD SPACE character in "Certification Prefix" Rated. If there is NO space after word "Rated" then when you reload Movie info you will loose Ratings icon due to the fact that now in the MyVideos119 Database "movie" table rating is listed as (just rating example) RatedPG-13 (notice no space between Rated and PG) and not as Rated PG-13. I also changed Default rating from to IMDB. This fixed on of the issues I was having. with "movie" database table. 
You change something....
always was, default="Rated " with "space"
https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...gs.xml#L11
Thanks. Somehow mine was without or, maybe, I changed. I do not remember. Now all mt TV_Shows and Movies show properly IMDB ratings in "Information" screen.
The way i understand it...this is due to fandango (RT Owner) legality issues which is consequently disallowing api calls to RT Ratings (in a nutshell) from what i read on the OMDB git hub, The RT values that are being pulled in from OMDB source for RT arn't actually coming from RT, they're coming from workaround sources like wikipedia....you're welcome to keep trying though.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2022-01-16, 21:33)Shredder_guitar Wrote: The way i understand it...this is due to fandango (RT Owner) legality issues which is consequently disallowing api calls to RT Ratings (in a nutshell) from what i read on the OMDB git hub, The RT values that are being pulled in from OMDB source for RT arn't actually coming from RT, they're coming from workaround sources like wikipedia....you're welcome to keep trying though.

@"Shredded_guitar"
Thanks for the info, interesting. The way I, now, have Kodi setup (3 Nvidia Shield Pro, 1 FireStick 4K and 1 X96_MAX_PLUS Android Box) I can see in "TV_Show" Information screen ratings from "The Movie DB", IMDb" and 99% for "tvdb" shows. If the show does not have any votes then I get "NO VOTES" in tvdb box. All shows and movies are showing, on the bottom of the screen, TV Ratings such as "PG", "TV-14", "TV-MA" etc.
In Movies, all Movies show me ratings from "The Movie DB" and IMDb in "Information" screen.
(2022-01-14, 11:38)Jumpy73 Wrote: Hi @latts9923,
I would have 2 points for you  Smile

1) I downloaded the "Colored Media Icons v0.1.9" .zip file from the first page, then I directly tried to install it from Kodi Settings/Add-Ons/Install from zip file but it doesn't work. How did you think it should be used for installation?

2) I tried to follow the naming convention suggested by you 
(2022-01-03, 15:52)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
Here's a listing of all the media filename extensions you can use...

Media type
  • 3dbd or 3d = 3d Bluray icon
  • 4k = 4K icon
  • bluray or blu-ray or bdrip= Bluray icon
  • web = WebTV icon
  • hdtv = HDTV icon
  • dvd = DVD icon

Videocodec
  • appletvplus = AppleTV+ icon
  • disneyplus = Disney+ icon
  • hbomax= HBO Max icon
  • hulu = Hulu icon
  • netflix = Netflix icon
  • prime = Amazon Prime Video icon

SDR/HDR
  • Nothing specified = SDR icon
  • hdr or -hdr = HDR icon
  • hdr2 or hdr10 or -hdr2 = HDR10+ icon
  • dv or -dv = Dolby Vision icon

Bit depth
  • Nothing specified = 8-bit icon
  • 10bit or -10bit = 10-bit icon
  • 12bit or -12bit or -hdr2 = 12-bit icon

Resolution
  • Nothing specified = Resolution of the video icon
  • imax = IMAX icon
  • 2160p = 4K icon

I had these results in media bar:
  1. Media type: no good results except the files in 4K --> Media type icon still remains empty. For 4K file the Media type and Resolution icons are displayed accordingly
  2. SDR/HDR: no good results --> SDR icon is always displayed disregarding the extension I used into the file name
  3. Bit depth: no good results --> 8bits icon is always displayed, disregarding the extension I used into the file name

What is it wrong? Have I misunderstood your suggestion?
Please find here a screenshot where you can find the file naming convention I applied to some movies for testing purposes

Thanks in advance
Hi @latts9923 
 - where are HDR and bit depth icons stored locally? Even if files loaded into kodi library have the right extensions in file name, no HDR10/HDR10+ icons for SDR/HDR and 12bits icon for Bit Depth are displayed in the media bar
 - where do I have to copy the cc.png, flag_audio.png, flag_subtitle.png etc... image files included into resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.9.zip file?
Do the image files included into the different directories of resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.9.zip file have to be copied manually into the corresponding resource.images... directory previously installed?

Thanks and regards
(2022-01-16, 22:53)Jumpy73 Wrote:

1) I downloaded the "Colored Media Icons v0.1.9" .zip file from the first page, then I directly tried to install it from Kodi Settings/Add-Ons/Install from zip file but it doesn't work. How did you think it should be used for installation?

(2022-01-03, 15:52)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
Here's a listing of all the media filename extensions you can use...

Media type
  • 3dbd or 3d = 3d Bluray icon
  • 4k = 4K icon
  • bluray or blu-ray or bdrip= Bluray icon
  • web = WebTV icon
  • hdtv = HDTV icon
  • dvd = DVD icon

Videocodec
  • appletvplus = AppleTV+ icon
  • disneyplus = Disney+ icon
  • hbomax= HBO Max icon
  • hulu = Hulu icon
  • netflix = Netflix icon
  • prime = Amazon Prime Video icon

SDR/HDR
  • Nothing specified = SDR icon
  • hdr or -hdr = HDR icon
  • hdr2 or hdr10 or -hdr2 = HDR10+ icon

Bit depth
  • Nothing specified = 8-bit icon
  • 10bit or -10bit = 10-bit icon
  • 12bit or -12bit or -hdr2 = 12-bit icon

Resolution
  • Nothing specified = Resolution of the video icon
  • imax = IMAX icon
  • 2160p = 4K icon

1. Media type: no good results except the files in 4K --> Media type icon still remains empty. For 4K file the Media type and Resolution icons are displayed accordingly
  2. SDR/HDR: no good results --> SDR icon is always displayed disregarding the extension I used into the file name
  3. Bit depth: no good results --> 8bits icon is always displayed, disregarding the extension I used into the file name

Please find here a screenshot where you can find the file naming convention I applied to some movies for testing purposes

Thanks in advance
Hi @latts9923 
 - where are HDR and bit depth icons stored locally? Even if files loaded into kodi library have the right extensions in file name, no HDR10/HDR10+ icons for SDR/HDR and 12bits icon for Bit Depth are displayed in the media bar
 - where do I have to copy the cc.png, flag_audio.png, flag_subtitle.png etc... image files included into resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.9.zip file?
Do the image files included into the different directories of resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.9.zip file have to be copied manually into the corresponding resource.images... directory previously installed?

Thanks and regards
Jumpy73 
File names that you are showing on your screenshots will not work. First you have to check what format/resolution is your movie. Use VLC, open movie, in VLC Tools Menu "Codec Information"
- If it shows 3840 x 2160 or something near these numbers, it is 4K. If lists 10bit, is 10bit, if does not call HDR then it it isnot.
Name the movie as follows: movie name.4k.mkv or whatever format you have. If HDR: movie name.HDR.4K.mkv

-If it shows 1920 x 1080 or something near these numbers, it is BDRip.
Name the movie as follows: movie name.BDRip.mkv or whatever format you have (avi for example).

-If it shows 1280 x 740 or romething near these nimbers, it is HDTV
Name the movie as follows: movie name.HDTV.mkv or whatever format you have (avi for example)

-If it shows 740 x 480 or something near these numbers, it is DVD
Name the movie as follows: movie name.DVD.mkv or whatever format you have (avi for example)

Follow this syntax exactly, no spaces and no brackets.

In order to see this change you have to update library. UP arrow on your remote until you see COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW drop down menu. Scroll to "UPDATE LIBRARY" and select. You will still see 2 the same movies. Go to Kodi Settings and select "MEDIA FILES AND LIBRARY", go to the right and scroll down to "CLEAN LIBRARY" and select. When is finished go back to your movies and you should see movie that you just modified name with new icons.
(2022-01-16, 21:33)Shredder_guitar Wrote: The way i understand it...this is due to fandango (RT Owner) legality issues which is consequently disallowing api calls to RT Ratings (in a nutshell) from what i read on the OMDB git hub, The RT values that are being pulled in from OMDB source for RT arn't actually coming from RT, they're coming from workaround sources like wikipedia....you're welcome to keep trying though.
Which program do you use to produce your "tvshow.nfo's"?
I'm using TMM with tvdb set as the scraper.
Any suggestions to help better fill in the new TV Shows Info page?
If it makes any difference, I also use "The Movie Database" as my TV Show scraper in KODI. 

Thanks
(2022-01-14, 18:31)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #17 - This will update the skin to v1.0.1.7

Image Additions
  • I added the "Premiered" field back to Music Videos for Video Info. The audio/subtitle flags will slide up/down depending on whether or not the Premiered info is available. Thanks to _Mike_ for the request!
  • I added the option to switch between Basic/Detailed view for TV Shows while viewing Video Info...similar to Movies. This will display the following ratings from your TV Show NFO...imdb, metacritic, themoviedb, tomatometerallaudience, tomatometerallcritics, and tvdb. If you are missing info for a certain rating, it will display like the second image below. If you notice any problems please let me know. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the request!
    Ratings from TV Show NFO

Missing ratings

Image Bug fixes
  • I fixed a problem with Layout 6 of the Music Viz screen where you were unable to turn off the Similar Artist, Albums, or Banner with their respective buttons. Thanks to wags1 for reporting the bug!
  • The plot for Music Videos was not displaying in Video Info. Thanks to _Mike_ for reporting the bug!
  • The genre fanart was not working for Movies/TV Shows. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I adjusted the position of the watched flag for widgets. Thanks to Idefix-hh for reporting this!
  • I adjusted the size of the character poster for the Video Info screen.
  • The weather/time info at the top of Layout 3D for Music Viz will now slide to the left corner if the animated lyrics are enabled. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the request!

@latts9923  thanks for the update

my ratings are complete empty, is there a way to get it work with emby server?
@Jumpy73
The default icons are part of the skin's Textures file. The color icons are part of the resource.images.extras.color Add-on.

Here's how I name my 4K movies...Movie(Year).bluray.4k.hdr.10bit.

You don't have to copy any images from the Metadata zip file. When you install updates to Mediaicons from my repo, all the images are included.

@TrailFoX
I have never used Emby Server, so I'm not sure how that ties to Kodi.
@melons2 I also use TMM. I believe i got the best results specifically for ratings using the TMM Universal scraper and setting "Trakt" for ratings for both TV Shows and Episodes. You'll need to then update your meta data and select "Do not overwrite existing data" before your scrape. This yielded the best results for me because it also pulls in trakt data along with TVDB, TMDB and IMDB. Note, TV Show ratings are usually at the show level, not the episode level

which brings to question... @latts9923  thoughts on replacing RT Ratings with Trakt rating data? ...probably not ideal..but at least it would populate data
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2022-01-17, 00:26)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-01-16, 22:53)Jumpy73 Wrote:

Thanks in advance
Hi @latts9923 

Thanks and regards
Jumpy73 
File names that you are showing on your screenshots will not work. First you have to check what format/resolution is your movie. Use VLC, open movie, in VLC Tools Menu "Codec Information"
- If it shows 3840 x 2160 or something near these numbers, it is 4K. If lists 10bit, is 10bit, if does not call HDR then it it isnot.
Name the movie as follows: movie name.4k.mkv or whatever format you have. If HDR: movie name.HDR.4K.mkv

-If it shows 1920 x 1080 or something near these numbers, it is BDRip.
Name the movie as follows: movie name.BDRip.mkv or whatever format you have (avi for example).

-If it shows 1280 x 740 or romething near these nimbers, it is HDTV
Name the movie as follows: movie name.HDTV.mkv or whatever format you have (avi for example)

-If it shows 740 x 480 or something near these numbers, it is DVD
Name the movie as follows: movie name.DVD.mkv or whatever format you have (avi for example)

Follow this syntax exactly, no spaces and no brackets.

In order to see this change you have to update library. UP arrow on your remote until you see COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW drop down menu. Scroll to "UPDATE LIBRARY" and select. You will still see 2 the same movies. Go to Kodi Settings and select "MEDIA FILES AND LIBRARY", go to the right and scroll down to "CLEAN LIBRARY" and select. When is finished go back to your movies and you should see movie that you just modified name with new icons.

Hi @andrzejls
I'm sorry if I not specified that I had already updated (FileBot app) my movies file name with the format you suggested to me some days ago before posting my new question here
Please find here the file name codification I'm speaking about. Despite the new naming convention I have applied to my movies the issues I have reported here anyway happened
(2022-01-17, 14:17)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
The default icons are part of the skin's Textures file. The color icons are part of the resource.images.extras.color Add-on.

Here's how I name my 4K movies...Movie(Year).bluray.4k.hdr.10bit.

You don't have to copy any images from the Metadata zip file. When you install updates to Mediaicons from my repo, all the images are included.

Hi @latts9923
I have solved the issue relative to the naming convention... I just downloaded media icons from your repo and updated the media library. Probably the problem was joined to the fact I previously downloaded media icons through the links in your first page and not from your repo (please see the link) and something there is not working well or it is not updated

If I allowed to do it, I have some cosmetic issues to take to your attention:
 - the flag_audio.png is displayed with different size in movies widget view and in right list view (please see the red circle in the following link1 and link2)
 - the audio channels and subtitle are displayed differently even if I have specified "Audio and subtitle flags as logo" (please see the green circle in the following link1 and link2)
 - movies with HDR10 and HDR10+ feature are displayed with the same icon (please see the light blue circle in the following link1 and link2)
 - how can I unhide Imdb top 250 icon from media bar? I'm interested to do that  because the info is probably redundant. I already have it in Information/detail info view, toghether with the other details information (please see the yellow circle in the following link)
@Jumpy73
I fixed the link to the Colored Media Icons. Thanks for letting me know! Can you not access the link to the Aeon MQ Skinthemes?

1. I fixed the size of the audio flag for widgets.
2. I added the option to display the audio/subtitle as text or logo to widgets.
3. You can only use .hdr10. as an extension in your video file.
4. If you open the file Includes.xml and find the include "mediaflags_group" you will see all the IMDb Top 250 code.
(2022-01-18, 14:31)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
I fixed the link to the Colored Media Icons. Thanks for letting me know! Can you not access the link to the Aeon MQ Skinthemes?

Yes, I can access the Aeon MQ Skinthemes link but not the one of Colored Media Icons v0.1.9

Anyway, the possibility to access to the same information from different sources can probably be a bit confusing. I have different resource.image.XXX.zip files, I have the resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.9.zip and I have almost all the same resources in your Repo even if with different version number (mediaicons.coloured-0.2.0). I found resources with some differents icons if I go from one link to another. Perhaps one only reference (I could suggest the repo... a quicker solution for installing all of different resource files) rather than multiple references could be easier and less misleading.

Hope this helps, regards
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0