• 99(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
Nightly are still on Matrix.
Maybe I'll have a look into Nexus...I'll keep u All posted
(2022-04-25, 21:31)DarkStarXxX Wrote: Some Bugs Smile

1. It's not possible to install the Skin via the Repo on Nvidia Shield TV Pro (Android) / Win 11 works
2. Skin Refreshrate are extrem low if go to settings page in mainmenu. It goes down to under 4 frames/second
3. Skin are damn slow on latest nightly builds or maven builds. Normal Framerate in Mainmenu is 55-60 FPS now it's only 17-30 PFS (Tested on Shield TV Pro / Android)

1. Had no issues/problems installing Skin from Repo on any of my 3 NVIDIA Shield Pro`s (2019), X96 Max-Pro (Android box) and Firestick 4k
2. Settings screen from Main menu: Screen Resolution 3840x2160 PXL (59.57/60.52 HZ) on NVIDIA.

System:
NAS --> Openmediavault 5.6.26-1 Debian Linux 5.10.0-0. MariaDB common Database for 5 Kodi installs running in "Portainer" on OMV 5.
Router --> Intel Q9300 2.5GHZ, 8GB DDR2 (old PC). OS --> Free BSD UNIX, Netgate pfSense+ 22.01.
(2022-04-25, 16:44)latts9923 Wrote: @loich67
You're welcome! Agreed...@"MarcoQui" creates the best skins.

I have a font editor. I can take a look at that font and see if I can fix that.

I have a fix for the poster sizes and watched flag position.

I'll take a look at #4 when I can.

@StoneT
Thanks for the kind words!

If you install my repo (link in first post of this thread), you can download the latest version of the skin...and updating the skin will not reset your skin settings. You can always save a copy of your settings.xml just in case.

Thanks for the answer and thanks to @MarcoQui for his job

For the font problem, I just use a font editor to edit it. But I didn't find some problems.
I try some other fonts of you skin and on some of it I have the same problem but nothing into the font editor ... 

I also working on the french translation. I see that it is not complet. I will send you when I finish

I also have two other little display bug :

Each time the bottom information bar is displayed, there are white dots when the icons below are displayed :

No picture below, no dots :

It's the same on the main screen

And into the options 

The second is with the rating stars.

Into a movie information the background of the stars is transparent

But when you go to the movie selection and select a movie the background is black and not transparent. This is more obvious when the rest is clear

And I didn't know if you want is so, but the left divider bar is not the same as the right. It might be more ''harmonious'' to have the same to the left than all the other separators

@latts9923  I am running a windows machine, When I last attempted to update it got to 1% and seemed to simply hang. I worked around it by manually downloading the update this time around.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2022-04-27, 03:12)Shredder_guitar Wrote: @latts9923  I am running a windows machine, When I last attempted to update it got to 1% and seemed to simply hang. I worked around it by manually downloading the update this time around.
I did have same issue on NVIDIA Shield-Pro`s. It would stay on 1% for a long time but then, about 5-10 minutes later, it would go trough.

Edit.
My Internet access speed is 400 MBits/s
@DarkStarXxX
Ah...OK, you're using nightly Matrix. I still think it's the Shield's OS update that's the root of the problem.

@John5
Sounds good...I will eventually port this to Nexus once it's officially released.

@andrzejls
So the repo works for you just fine? Curiouser and curiouser...

@loich67
Thanks for taking a look at the font. I'll take a look with my editor as well just to double check.

I have noticed the pixel "artifacts" as well above the flag separators. I think this has been around since MQ 8 was released. I'll see if I can figure out the cause.

I think I will leave the rating stars as they are.

I think I will leave the separator as it is in the view as well.

@Shredder_guitar
@andrzejls
Hmm...I have never had any trouble with my Windows PC and the repo. I'll have to check it again. I wonder if my web host was doing maintenance or had connection problems.
(2022-04-27, 13:01)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
So the repo works for you just fine? Curiouser and curiouser...

@Shredder_guitar
@andrzejls
Hmm...I have never had any trouble with my Windows PC and the repo. I'll have to check it again. I wonder if my web host was doing maintenance or had connection problems.
Well, I would say that it "works" but it takes long time to complete update/installation. I cancelled update couple of times due to being impatient, but one day I stayed with it and it worked. I do not use Windows at all so I cannot speak on that. I use UNIX OS on my Internet router and Linux on my computers/NAS. My experience installing/updating AEON MQ8 is on NVIDIA Shields Pro`s 2019.
(2022-04-27, 13:01)latts9923 Wrote: @DarkStarXxX
Ah...OK, you're using nightly Matrix. I still think it's the Shield's OS update that's the root of the problem.

But if i go back to 19.4 Stable the Framerate problems are gone, so i don't think it is the Shield OS Update.
        Problem is i often need nightly / custom builds for DolbyVision Playback.

For the low Framerate (even on 19.4) on Settings / Shutdown Selection i found the issue.
       It happens when the the Text "Settings / Shutdown" are scrolling, when the scrolling stops framerate are back to normal (this never happens on Original Version of the Skin on 18.x). I also notice this issues long time ago on other ARM Devices like Odroid-N2.
@DarkStarXxX
Hmm...do you have problems with the repo running 19.4?
(2022-04-17, 16:10)Ruckus Wrote:
(2022-04-15, 18:55)Ruckus Wrote: Hi there again

I keep trying to test this on my coreelec build and still some problems, its still really slow using any widgets from the main menu (recent tv shows) and always gets stuck when trying to edit skin on Customize Main Menu.

if these were fixed it'd be my main skin as i want it to be

also i just tried your aeon mq 7 for matrix and it also goes unresponsive when going into skin settings (again this is on coreelec)

any chance you looked at these latts?
(2022-04-28, 15:34)latts9923 Wrote: @DarkStarXxX
Hmm...do you have problems with the repo running 19.4?

Yes, Installation on 19.4 failed on both Aeon MQ8 & Aeon MQ7, hanging most of the time at 0% sometimes 2-3%, but never finish downloading.
@latts9923 and @DarkStarXxX  I just checked and i'm on 19.4 also
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
hello latts,
unable to get animated artwork. I have a message saying, error skin helper service. I downloaded the cherrypy script, but it didn't solve my problem. Could you point me in the right direction?? What is the latest version of cherrypy, where I can find it. Which version should I install?? Marcel or latts?? the same thing for skin helper which version?? Thank you for your future reply.
I've given up trying to install Aeon MQ 7 & 8 on Matrix. Used to be my favourite skins.
I have   Fresh Kodi Version 19.3 on Shield. Keeps knocking me back with the " Dependency Error." I think it's skin helper.
Never had any problems on Leia. Matrix is continuous various errors.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0