• 120(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
I have a lot of vinyl discart. Is there a way I can disable the masking for the discart so it doesn't cut a large hole in the discart to simulate a CD? 

@pbateman
I like the vinyl discart...might start updating all my music discart to vinyl if I can find images.

If you open MusicVisualisation.xml and find this at line 2688...

xml:

<!--CD z HELPER :: (CD from Helper)-->
<control type="image" id="5094">
<include>animation_cdart</include>
<left>120</left>
<top>-80</top>
<width>400</width>
<height>400</height>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<texture background="true" diffuse="cdart_diffuse.png">$VAR[media_discart]</texture>
<aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
<visible>String.IsEqual(skin.string(visdiscart),always) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(visdiscart),ifavailable)</visible>
</control>

Remove diffuse="cdart_diffuse.png" from the texture line and it will show the entire vinyl image. There is really no need for this image anyway if you are displaying actual discart, so I will remove it in the next update. I'm posting an update as we speak, so it will come in the update after this one.
(2022-09-19, 00:35)latts9923 Wrote: @pbateman
I like the vinyl discart...might start updating all my music discart to vinyl if I can find images.

It's a labor of love, I couldn't find good images. So I started with Blank Vinyl Art > Discogs to get vinyl labels > Pixelmator Pro to cut & apply on blank vinyl art. 
(2022-09-19, 00:35)latts9923 Wrote: If you open MusicVisualisation.xml and find this at line 2688...

xml:

<!--CD z HELPER :: (CD from Helper)-->
<control type="image" id="5094">
<include>animation_cdart</include>
<left>120</left>
<top>-80</top>
<width>400</width>
<height>400</height>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<texture background="true" diffuse="cdart_diffuse.png">$VAR[media_discart]</texture>
<aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
<visible>String.IsEqual(skin.string(visdiscart),always) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(visdiscart),ifavailable)</visible>
</control>

Remove diffuse="cdart_diffuse.png" from the texture line and it will show the entire vinyl image. There is really no need for this image anyway if you are displaying actual discart, so I will remove it in the next update. I'm posting an update as we speak, so it will come in the update after this one.

Thank you much! This worked. 1 snag though. Is it possible to enable discart1.png, discart2.png etc? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3012362
@pbateman
Ah...I see. Yeah, that is a labor of love.

You're welcome! Hmm...so you want to display the A & B side of the LP. That would be cool...let me ponder on how to make that work.
UPDATE #27 - This will update the skin to v1.0.2.7

Image Additions
  • KodiFlixTV will now display multiple characterart images when using "TV ART" as the "VIEW LAYOUT".

Image Bug fixes
  • I fixed another problem with the posters not displaying if you selected "CHARACTER ART POSTER" in the Top Art setting "CASE ART" for the Right List view. Thanks to andrzejls and Shredder_guitar for reporting the bug!
(2022-09-19, 01:50)latts9923 Wrote: @pbateman
Ah...I see. Yeah, that is a labor of love.

You're welcome! Hmm...so you want to display the A & B side of the LP. That would be cool...let me ponder on how to make that work.

Yep! For what its worth, Aeon Nox Silvo 8.0.1 does this behavior.
@pbateman
I'll try it out on Aeon Nox Silvo to see how it works. So you name your images discart1.png and discart2.png? No default discart.png?
(2022-09-19, 03:53)latts9923 Wrote: @pbateman
I'll try it out on Aeon Nox Silvo to see how it works. So you name your images discart1.png and discart2.png? No default discart.png?

I only use discart1.png, discart2.png and so-on for vinyl. Default discart.png for everything else.

I am in the process today of retagging my vinyl collection because I was made aware of the discart1,2,3 thng and it avoids the need to have 1 album with 4 sides to be tagged as 4 different albums (<album> side a, b etc) in order to display the art correctly.

Thank you!
(2022-09-19, 01:51)latts9923 Wrote:

Image Additions
  • KodiFlixTV will now display multiple characterart images when using "TV ART" as the "VIEW LAYOUT".

Image Bug fixes
  • I fixed another problem with the posters not displaying if you selected "CHARACTER ART POSTER" in the Top Art setting "CASE ART" for the Right List view. Thanks to andrzejls and Shredder_guitar for reporting the bug!
Thank you!
(2022-09-19, 01:51)latts9923 Wrote:

Image Additions

Image Bug fixes
Hello buddy............I'm still here and wanted to say thank you again for all of the work!!
@pbateman
Are you just tagging the tracks with either Disc #1 and Disc #2?

@Chalklands
You're welcome!

@melons2
Howdy! You're welcome!
@latts9923 

I hope you are doing well.
Would it be possible to have the icons of the studios in color, on the boxes in tv show.
On Aeon Mq7, in episode view, the wallpaper has disappeared. It doesn't matter if I choose, extra fanart or default fanart...Nothingn shows up.
One last thing, when I create a Smart Playlist, Kodi slows down a lot, and starts being laggy (when i scroll, in my movies, tv show..) .
I hope that's not too much information to process at once.   Eek
Thank you for your work. Have a great day.
(2022-09-21, 12:34)latts9923 Wrote: @pbateman
Are you just tagging the tracks with either Disc #1 and Disc #2?
@latts9923 
Yes, but all the way up disc #6 in some cases.
Hi! I'm having a weird errors related to this skin and a couple of addons. Coexistence beetwen service skin helper and artwork dumb and/or traktv causes the last two throw an error at kodi starts and make it unusables. Deactivating service skin helper fixes both addons behaviour. This happens to me only with this skin mod, but no in others like embuary (I supose embuary does not make use of service skin helper). All addons are up to date (and I've tried different versions of three).
Is this really related to the way mq8 mod works with skin helper addon, does anyone see same behaviour, or can anyone point me a way to start looking for a solution? I really appreciated and used this skin mod since upgrade to kodi matrix and does not want to change to other skin... thnx in advance!
@Skin helper error
Doing well, thanks. Same to you.

The studios used to be in color (depending on the skin setting) for the boxes, but all the unfocused studios displayed the same studio as the focused item, so I changed the code. I can take another look at that and see if I can get the colored studios to work right.

I'll take a look at the episode fanart code.

I haven't changed any playlist code...I'll see if I can reproduce your problem.

Information overload! Haha...and you're welcome!

@pbateman
OK...gotcha. Thanks!

@Panko
Can you post your log with the Skin Helper error?
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0