• 122(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
@Schenckmeier
Haha...yeah, the skin is dependent on Skin Helper for some of its functions.

@melons2
The skin uses Skin Helper for quite a few things...cast images, discart in certain areas, forced views, rating info for Video Info to name a few.
(2022-09-18, 15:43)wags1 Wrote: @Jumpy73 I run Kodi on 2 Nvidia Shields. It works great. The benefit is you can attach an external SSD to one of the USB ports and configure it as internal/adopted storage (I use a 120gb SSD in an enclosure) for plenty of app storage. Also Kodi Matrix 19.4 is in the Google App Store…

Hi @wags1 
thanks for your answer...

I had a minix Neo U1 (media library on Zyxel NAS connected on GB wired LAN) but kodi performance was very bad. Nvidia Shields is for sure the best android box I can find on the market but its mkt price is beyond the budget I had in mind.

Could you or others suggest another Android box with better performance than Minix but with a more affordable price?

I'm asking here because I need of an android box only for running kodi with this modded skin  Cool
Hello together, I installed Kodi Matrix several weeks ago on my new Zidoo z1000 Pro player.
Before I had Kodi 3-4 years on my Nvidia Shield Pro and had again and again crashes.
On Zidoo Kodi works very stable for me and I had no crashes so far.
Also using MQ8 causes no crashes on Zidoo.

The only thing is: MQ8 works slow in the menu
- then scrolling through menus/sub menus items
- no matter which poster view I select,  it works very slow scrolling through the movies and often it takes some times to show all or next movies
- it seems that the MQ8 movie views (poster, film information, background pictures, technical information) are always new generated
- the menu names or information with more letters/longer discribtions are stuttering instead of fluid showing

I already disabled weather settings.
Which settings can I also use to make the MQ8 skin faster/fluider?
@Bladerunner1962 I guess everyone has different experiences. I've been running Kodi on two Nvidia Shield Pro's now for over 4 years and had very few issues, outside of the hiccups associated with the 9.0 FW update, the occasional issues that everyone else on all platforms have experienced, and very few actual crashes. It's been a pretty stable platform for Kodi for me.
Hello,
Is there a setting or a file structure I need to adjust to show music discart where there are multiple discs?
For example, I have just added a CD with two discs. I have discart for both CDs. Is it possible to show the discart for both CDs depending if the track playing is on CD1 or CD2?
Is it possible to have an Alphabet scrollbar in music libraries? Unless it is there, but I've missed it. I use Shelf 3D V2 as my music view. At the moment is seems you have to manually scroll through your library, which is a pain when you have over 200+ artists to scroll through.
(2022-10-01, 20:32)wags1 Wrote: @Bladerunner1962 I guess everyone has different experiences. I've been running Kodi on two Nvidia Shield Pro's now for over 4 years and had very few issues, outside of the hiccups associated with the 9.0 FW update, the occasional issues that everyone else on all platforms have experienced, and very few actual crashes. It's been a pretty stable platform for Kodi for me.
Same experience with Nvidia Shield-Pro`s.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@wags1  and @andrzejls 

Sorry, obvouisly I didn't place my question clear enough ;-)
It belongs not to Nvidia Shield itselfes.

It belongs to....
MQ8 works slow within the menu
- no matter which poster view I select,  it works very slow scrolling through the movies and often it takes some times to show all or next movies
- it seems that the MQ8 movie views (poster, film information, background pictures, technical information) are always new generated
- the menu names or information with more letters/longer discribtions are stuttering instead of fluid showing

(2022-10-02, 16:31)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: @wags1  and @andrzejls 

It belongs to....

Hi,
I'm finding the exact same issue. It takes longer to show posters. Only noticed this recently.
(2022-10-02, 16:31)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: @wags1  and @andrzejls 

It belongs to....

I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you have home network and is your Nvidia connected to it (hardwire or WIFI)?
2. Is your Kodi Movies, TV Shows, Music etc actual files located on your Nvidia device internal storage or USB external drive or on network attached storage (NAS)?
3. Is your Kodi database located on Nvidia device or external storage?. 
4. Can you provide copy of your "/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"?. Make sure you mask any IP address in that file so you will not be exposing your intranet structure.
5. If your Kodi database is located on external drive, NAS for example, how you connect Kodi to it?.

Thanks

PS. wags1 if I forgot something, please jump in.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@latts9923 Quick question see if you can point me in the right direction with the case art still trying to figure it out . On animated art for movie collections when I change the art for the collection it changes the art for the last movie in the collection instead.. Any clue ?

Thanks for all your work on this great skin as always...👍
@pbateman
I updated the code for music viz to display multiple discart for albums. I made discart1.png and discart2.png to look like side 1 & 2 of the LP, and then added the ID3 tags for Disc 1 & 2, and it works like a champ. This will be part of the next update. Thanks for the request!

@Chalklands
See comment above about discart...it's coming in the next update. And I just added the alphabet scrollbar to Shelf3D and Shelf3D v2. Good idea!

@martinsvision
Hmm...I am unable to reproduce this problem. Are you accessing Video Info from the Collection and selecting "CHOOSE ART" to select your animated art for the Collection?

And you're welcome!
(2022-09-16, 14:25)latts9923 Wrote: @Shredder_guitar
The "EXTRA FANART" setting will only cycle fanart if you have the images in an "extrafanart" folder in your TV Show folder. Artwork Helper cycles the TV Show fanart images in the TV show main folder.
Sorry to jump on this. Will this work for Music Videos?
1. Should the extrafanart folder be in the artist folder where the music videos are saved or in individual music video folders or in the Artist Information folder?
For example my music video file structure is:
Music Videos
       Artist A
          Artist A - Music Video 1
          Artist A - Music Video 2

So should the extrafanart folder be in 'Artist A' folder or 'Artist A - Music Video 1' folder, or in all folders?

2. Is there a naming convention for extrafanart images?
(2022-10-03, 12:57)latts9923 Wrote: @pbateman
I updated the code for music viz to display multiple discart for albums. I made discart1.png and discart2.png to look like side 1 & 2 of the LP, and then added the ID3 tags for Disc 1 & 2, and it works like a champ. This will be part of the next update. Thanks for the request!

@Chalklands
See comment above about discart...it's coming in the next update. And I just added the alphabet scrollbar to Shelf3D and Shelf3D v2. Good idea!

@martinsvision
Hmm...I am unable to reproduce this problem. Are you accessing Video Info from the Collection and selecting "CHOOSE ART" to select your animated art for the Collection?

And you're welcome!
Thanks @latts9923!
Sorry to be a pain. Looking at Music Videos, I use the Multiplex view, Is there any chance of adding an alphabet scrollbar to this view as well?
@latts9923 by right clicking on the collection and select animated art . Is there another way ?
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0