• 145(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
@latts9923  Great Job, as always. I do not use much of "MUSIC" section of Kodi, but this discussion picked my interest. I noticed that even though I selected "LOGO" in "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS" in "COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW",   in "MUSIC" I can only see that in "WIDE" view. All others still show TEXT. This setting works great in "MOVIES" and "TV SHOWS" but not for "MUSIC". Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2022-11-30, 03:02)RCBodyslam Wrote:
(2022-11-29, 15:49)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
@wags1
@Chalklands
I completed a similar test to Chalklands with the Universal Artist Scraper and the band AC/DC so I could check out the artwork problem for RCBodyslam. I did not have AC/DC in my library, so this was a fresh scrape. I expected to see the clearlogo, fanart, etc. in the Artist folder, but after completion of the import KODI created an "AC_DC" folder in my Artist Information Folder and only downloaded the clearart and thumb image. I have all artwork settings enabled in Universal Artist Scraper.
Sounds like the same thing happened to you. I just assumed I had done something (else) 😛 wrong. At least this is one less thing for me to puzzle over.

Once I created extra fanart folders for everyone, it pretty much sorted things out for me. I'm using Magazine view for artists and Shelf for albums and now I can see all my extrafanart in top right window. And I have it set to extra fanart to see the images from fanart.tv in the background, so I'm happy 🙂

I noticed a couple of things tho. I wasn't seeing artist thumbs in certain views like Magazine and Poster. Eventually I remembered how I wasn't seeing Character art posters because I had Cinemagraph Arts poster disabled. It was the SAME THING this time. Once I enabled it, I could see the artist thumbs. Not sure why a movie option is tied into music views tho. Another bug? 

Also when I enable Show diffuse for disc art, it gets rid of the square background for discs in my Library. But when I use a widget on the main menu, the disc pops up with the square background still there.

And in Poster List view, when I scroll down thru my movies, the disc art from the previous movie, not the current one will pop up.If I press left then right on my controller, the correct one will appear.
Hi @RCBodyslam 
You say above that "now I can see all my extrafanart in top right window". Does it cycle through images or is the image static?
For example circled here:
Image in magazine view
and circled here:
Image in shelf view?
I only ask as these images are static for me.
Just musing if you've got yours to cycle.
@andrzejls
Ah...I see what you mean. I'll take a look at the code. Thanks for letting me know!

@Chalklands
You can see multiple fanart images in the top right window if you select your Artist Information Folder in the "PATH:" top menu setting, and create an extrafanart folder with fanart images for each Artist.
Hi Latts...

I don't know its here ok, or in another tread... (artwork downloader) 

I play music (here maybe Adele) with view 5 and see the fanart from my fanart folder Adele, the logo in the right corner and the logo in the cd. All fine...

The next song is maybe from artist David Guetta X or feat. Sia and I see the logo from guetta in the corner and in the cd but only the fanart from my in artwork downloader defined fallback folder with different fanart. 

Please let me know how I can fix this, if I have to change something in the settings... 

Thank you.
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
Hey @Chalklands

Yeah, it cycles thru them fine. I followed Latts instructions and I forgot to set the path to the folder at first but once I did that I was golden.
(2022-12-01, 16:39)RCBodyslam Wrote: Hey @Chalklands

Yeah, it cycles thru them fine. I followed Latts instructions and I forgot to set the path to the folder at first but once I did that I was golden.
@RCBodyslam 
Did you have to set the path for each artist individually?
(2022-12-01, 17:49)Chalklands Wrote:
(2022-12-01, 16:39)RCBodyslam Wrote: Hey @Chalklands

@RCBodyslam 
Did you have to set the path for each artist individually?
@RCBodyslam. Don't worry, I've worked it out!
(2022-12-01, 13:54)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
Ah...I see what you mean. I'll take a look at the code. Thanks for letting me know!

@Chalklands
You can see multiple fanart images in the top right window if you select your Artist Information Folder in the "PATH:" top menu setting, and create an extrafanart folder with fanart images for each Artist.
Every day's a school day. Thanks!
@Holzfred
Look in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. Is there a folder for David Guetta?

@Chalklands
You're welcome!
(2022-12-02, 13:32)latts9923 Wrote: @Holzfred
Look in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. Is there a folder for David Guetta?

Hi,

no. All my fanart an extrafanart are stored in a folder on my server (6135 different artists). This is the setting in artist slideshow and here are all the folders for single artists and for known couples). Funny is, that I see on the CD only the Guetta-logo but the logo at the right corner change between guetta and sia. But the fanart coming from the fallback folder (here only a few nice backgrounds are stored that the background is not black)

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
@latts9923 

Hello,
2 small requests
- Could you possibly create a 4k and Bluray steel book, which can be activated in the menu options. (for shelf 3d, posterlite, poster zoom).
- Would it be possible to add an option to change the colors of the DVD boxes for the TV shows.
These are just suggestions, it's up to you to see if you find them relevant or not.

Have a nice day.
@Holzfred
If you're using the "SLIDESHOW" setting for music viz, it doesn't use your extrafanart folder, it uses the Artist folder in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. If it doesn't find the Artist, it will display images from the fallback folder you've assigned in settings.

@Skin helper error
I'll think about it, but right now I'm not sure how I would go about creating a steelbook case.

For the DVD boxes for TV Shows, which view are you talking about?
@latts9923 

Hello,
the color of the boxes is for shelf 3D.
Thank you for thinking about it for the steel books, I imagine that it must represent a lot of work, to succeed in integrating them.

Have a nice day.
So I do have a handful of artists that apparently Artist Slideshow doesn't have any images for them. When I use my fallback folder (Artist Info cuz that's where all my artwork is ) that has half a dozen pics for them, it doesn't cycle thru the artwork. It just stays on the one fanart.jpg image. Do you know how I can change that to get it to show the rest of the pics?
@RCBodyslam
I just tested the fallback setting for Artist Slideshow with an Artist that is missing fanart. It cycles between the two images I have in the fallback folder. Are you selecting a specific subfolder with fallback fanart in your Artist Information folder location?
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0