• 147(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
(2022-12-06, 01:09)latts9923 Wrote: @Holzfred
@RB0135
The "SLIDESHOW" setting in music viz uses the Artist Slideshow add-on to display fanart. By default, the Artist Slideshow add-on downloads fanart images from fanart.tv or theaudiodb.com and saves them to Artist subfolders located at userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. You can change the "STORE ARTIST IMAGES IN" default location in the Artist Slideshow settings to use your Artist Information Folder. If you select that location, it does appear to look for images named fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc. in the Artist subfolders. However, if you select "Custom location" and choose your Artist Information folder, it will look in the extrafanart folder of each Artist for fanart images by default (image names do not matter). If you disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER" it will look in the Artist folder and display all your images in that folder (clearart, clearlogo, fanart, etc.).
I missed this when I was making rep!ies earlier. This got it sorted out. I'm seeing my artwork in the Slideshow now. Thank you! 🙂
(2022-12-06, 13:20)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
If you disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER", Artist Slideshow will download images to your Artist folder, but music viz will also display any other images that are in your Artist folder...like clearart and clearlogo.

@Holzfred
There's a setting in Artist Slideshow named "DISABLE SECONDARY AND FEATURED ARTIST IMAGES". Have you tried that?

@latts9923 -I understand all that. My question was what names the downloaded images as fanart0. fanart1, fanart2, etc.... Should Artist Slideshow be doing that? The reason is that only Slideshow in Musicviz shows any background associated with the artist when the files are not named as per Kodi standards. Now and again, a Fanart.jpg and Fanart0.jpg gets saved but I dont know what saves that. I would rather have the correct naming of the downloaded backgrounds rather than the awkward naming convention that Artist Slidshow seems to use. I would have presumed that ArtistSlideshow plugin would save them correctly named. And as mentioned previously, this is information is only stored in a server information folder that Kodi and Artist Slidewhow are set to, to get/save information. Thanks.
Hi @latts9923
a couple of cosmetic request... if it possible  Blush

1) as you already did for the movies sets some time ago, is it possible not to display all the icons in the media flags bar other than the studio and mpaa icons in the TV Show-Season view?
2) is it possible to display the mpaa icon in the TV Show-Season view with the same size as the mpaa icon in the TV Show view?
Please look at the img1 and img2 for a better comprehension

Currently, in Rightlist view, when I select a movie set in some cases it shows a number of spinning discs (equal to the movies of that set loaded in the movie library) while in other cases it doesn't.
How can I deal with this problem? Is it possible to reload the movie set somehow in order to have the spinning discs displayed for each movies set?

Good night and thanks a lot for your work

For @wags1 
I have installed kodi on a Nvidia Shield Pro with external SSD HD, as suggested by you... it is a bomb!!!  Cool
It is even much more stable than the same installation on a PC with Win 10 OS
I have a non-music related question for a change, lol. I have tv and movie widgets on the main menu. I've noticed that when when I scroll thru the tv one, the pictures of the cast pop up on the right hand bottom of the screen almost instantaneously, the way I figure they're supposed to. But for movies, it takes forever and a day for some of them to appear, and sometimes they just don't, they stay stuck on the cast images for the previous movie. Even though when I go into my llbrary, they pop up in the info screen right away. Would you happen to know what's going on there? Thanks. .
@Jumpy73 Glad you like the platform. I really do find it one of the best for running Kodi but I really only use Kodi for listening to music using the Pandoki addon or my local music from my Synology NAS anymore. I have multiple Shields, one in my HT and one in my family room, so I use a shared Kodi library DB using MariaDB running on my Synology NAS as well as using it for a single source for all my music content and artwork. Works a treat.
@wags1 I have both movies/tv shows and music... until now I've been dedicated to making my movie/tv show library compatible with Kodi. Soon I will begin to delve into the music topic ... a topic that is recently enthralling people here on the thread Smile
(2022-12-07, 20:37)Jumpy73 Wrote: @wags1 I have both movies/tv shows and music... until now I've been dedicated to making my movie/tv show library compatible with Kodi. Soon I will begin to delve into the music topic ... a topic that is recently enthralling people here on the thread Smile
@Jumpy73 @wags1 
I echo you. I have my Movies/TV set up mainly as I want them in the skin. I've dabbled with a few skins in the past, but MQ8 suits me the best, especially re music, which I think is often overlooked in other skins (IMHO). At the moment music is my main centre of interest. Mainly because @latts9923 is so receptive to suggestions and so quick to release requested changes to the skin. I'm sure there are skins out there that are great for music, but for me this one is the bees knees. Just my tuppence worth anyway!
@RCBodyslam
Good deal...glad you got it working! I just tested the cast for Movie and TV Show widgets. The cast images appear quickly for both on my system.

@RB0135
I've had limited success with KODI downloading artwork when importing new Artists, but I would think KODI should name the fanart images fanart1, fanart2, when importing...not Artist Slideshow. I've only ever seen Artist Slideshow add images with the random names.

@Jumpy73
1. Done...it will be included in the next update.
2. Done...it will be included in the next update.

It sounds like you might have added a new Movie that was associated with an existing Set and the discart info didn't get added to simplecache.db. There is a way to test this for one of your Sets without wiping out simplecache.db and letting it rebuild, but you will need to edit the database. Let me know if you want to try that and I'll provide instructions. You'll need to install DB Browser for SQLite or something similar.

And your'e welcome!
(2022-12-08, 13:39)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
It sounds like you might have added a new Movie that was associated with an existing Set and the discart info didn't get added to simplecache.db. There is a way to test this for one of your Sets without wiping out simplecache.db and letting it rebuild, but you will need to edit the database. Let me know if you want to try that and I'll provide instructions. You'll need to install DB Browser for SQLite or something similar.

Hi @latts9923
It's probably like you say but sadly my media library database is currently local and file based and not SQL database based and I currently cannot reproduce your test case

I recently added 50 movies to my library and will be adding 25 more soon. Is there something that can be done to solve the problem at its cause and get the correct result during adding the new movies in the library and not after?

Thanks as usual for your availability and quick responses
@Jumpy73 I actually used to use Kodi for movies and TV shows in addition to music. Over time though I have found other apps that honestly work just as well and are lighter weight and easier to maintain for movies and TV shows. On top of that, I just don't keep local copies of movies or TV shows anymore as we really only watch TV shows once and 90% of movies only once. The movies that we want to keep I either buy on BR and/or keep on Vudu/iTunes/MoviesAnywhere. In all honesty streaming, for movies and TV shows in particular, has evolved quite a bit since I started using Kodi and my usage has evolved as well. The visuals, particularly of this skin mod, while listening to music is really what keeps me using Kodi.
@latts9923

Ah okay. I'm thinking it could be my device. Using an Amazon Fire TV Cube. It works well for the most part.  But one thing I've noticed is it really doesn't seem to like when I go into movie widgets. When the cast doesn't show up, I'll back out to the main menu and go to Settings and it shows Internet, and Screen Uptime are Busy. Every time. And it'll stay that way for 30 seconds or more. And the Studio icons take 10-15 seconds to pop up. Ugh.
@wags1

I agree! MQ8 for Matrix is my favorite skin to begin with, but the music viz may be my favorite part of it. Easily the best I've seen in Kodi. Love the JohnnyBee mod, the different views and the animations. Seeing the album spin around to display the back cover and the disc pop out. 😁
(2022-12-08, 13:39)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
I've had limited success with KODI downloading artwork when importing new Artists, but I would think KODI should name the fanart images fanart1, fanart2, when importing...not Artist Slideshow. I've only ever seen Artist Slideshow add images with the random names.

Thanks @latts9923 - I too agree that it is a hit or miss with Kodi downloading Artwork when Importing. I did some experiments but couldn't determine which scraper to use. There are two Kodi official ones, but it seems the "Universal Album Scraper" and "Universal Artist Scraper" are the official official ones to use, not the "Generic Album/Generic Artist" scrapers and that those ones to use, according to the documentation, are meant to save the files into the Server Folder if it is setup. I might talk to the developers of Artist Slideshow plugin since surely they should be saving the filenames as per Kodi standard
@latts9923

Could you look at this post:

TV Next Aired Solution

It should be an easier explanation than my last pm.

Thank you...........Happy Holidays!!
@melons2
I'll take a look. Happy Holidays to you as well!
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0