Android $30 Dynalink Android TV Box (Based on Google's ADT-3) at Wal-Mart
But, unlike the developer ADT-3 box, the Dynalink DL-ATV36 has Netflix HD & YT 4K. Also certified for Prime Video, but not seeing at what rez. Wal-Mart link.

Has AMLogic's S905Y2 SoC with 2GB RAM and 8GB storage; wi-fi only. Android 10.

Was tempted to try it at 30 bucks (was 50, so looks like they're trying to get rid of these), but decided to pass; my Chromecast w/Google TV is already collecting dust.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I could not resist, just ordered one (for $30 USD could not resist)....... And, yes, I will tinker with it, then toss it in the drawer with my "other" device.  I am still waiting for the Mecool KM6 deluxe......
Strangely, my older devices passthrough the HD audio codecs under Kodi, but not the newer boxes...........  Waiting to see if the Kodi 19 will passthrough the HD audio codecs under Android 10.
Glad you're picking this one up Tongue ; look forward to your impressions.
When they were selling for $50, I was able to pass it up. But when they dropped it to $30, I just could not resist.
(2020-11-15, 17:00)clarkss12 Wrote: Strangely, my older devices passthrough the HD audio codecs under Kodi, but not the newer boxes...........  Waiting to see if the Kodi 19 will passthrough the HD audio codecs under Android 10.

Well the following YT video has some surprising DTS - HD audio results when using VLC App on this device:
https://youtu.be/frnvyTd3dbs?t=908

You might need to find some sort of HDR auto toggle in settings, as it seems in the vid. above everything is output as HDR - which is the exact same issue as the Android TV v10 - Google Chromecast dongle, out of the box - until you go into Android settings and tweak.

(2020-11-16, 05:52)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 17:00)clarkss12 Wrote: Strangely, my older devices passthrough the HD audio codecs under Kodi, but not the newer boxes...........  Waiting to see if the Kodi 19 will passthrough the HD audio codecs under Android 10.

Well the following YT video has some surprising DTS - HD audio results when using VLC App on this device:

You might need to find some sort of HDR auto toggle in settings, as it seems in the vid. above everything is output as HDR - which is the exact same issue as the Android TV v10 - Google Chromecast dongle, out of the box - until you go into Android settings and tweak.

Most of my cheap Chinese Android boxes do passthrough all the HD audio codecs, except the Dolby HD audio codec, using VLC.  Seems strange that only VLC can do it and not Kodi, Plex or Emby....

I hope there is a setting for HDR to SDR or it will be useless for my setup.  My Tivo 4k is a nice little Android TV dongle, but can't use it, because there is still no setting for HDR to SDR.......
O.o How can a company like this Dynalink get a Netflix Certification and Minix, OSMC(Vero 4K+) and other more renowned companies can't?
(2020-11-16, 20:01)ikarione Wrote: O.o How can a company like this Dynalink get a Netflix Certification and Minix, OSMC(Vero 4K+) and other more renowned companies can't?

The certification process is quite strict and in this case outsourced to another company.
As for OSMC, we'd need to go Android TV only and restrict OSMC use which is not our aim.

We are working on a Widevine L1 and HDCP2 implementation which runs under OSMC and should improve the output resolution and performance (hardware decoding supported) when playing DRM material in the future.

Thanks

Sam
(2020-11-16, 05:52)wrxtasy Wrote: Well the following YT video has some surprising DTS - HD audio results when using VLC App on this device:
Wow, so weird HD audio, including object-based, are supported... except TrueHD.
(2020-11-16, 22:51)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: We are working on a Widevine L1 and HDCP2 implementation which runs under OSMC and should improve the output resolution and performance (hardware decoding supported) when playing DRM material in the future.

On Vero 4K+ ? I hope you succeed, because then there would be no more excuse for me to get one Smile
(2020-11-17, 02:22)hdmkv Wrote:
(2020-11-16, 05:52)wrxtasy Wrote: Well the following YT video has some surprising DTS - HD audio results when using VLC App on this device:
Wow, so weird HD audio, including object-based, are supported... except TrueHD.
Note the Atmos videos he tested were all the lossy DD+ (EAC3) variant so no Dolby HD audio, the only working HD audio was the DTS variants.
Hard to tell with his sample ATMOS file and AVR indicator showing ATMOS/DD+, but would make sense given TrueHD doesn't work that only lossy AC3-JOC passes through.
(2020-11-17, 18:13)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-11-16, 22:51)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: We are working on a Widevine L1 and HDCP2 implementation which runs under OSMC and should improve the output resolution and performance (hardware decoding supported) when playing DRM material in the future.

On Vero 4K+ ? I hope you succeed, because then there would be no more excuse for me to get one Smile
It works, but there's a problem. A lot of add-ons (Netflix, Disney+, Amazon) don't  use Inputstream Adaptive directly and need manual patching, which is not feasible. 
So my plan is to get more hardware out there in the hands of these add-on devs after v19
Received my Dynalink box today, and first impressions are not very good.  First off, the colors are all washed out because these boxes think my TV supports HDR, and it doesn't.  There is no setting to change from HDR to SDR, so my colors are washed out.  My TV is a 3 or 4 year old Samsung that does NOT support HDR.

Another thing that I noticed was the the 2.4 GHz Wifi is not very strong, my high bitrate videos kept buffering.  Strangely, this TV that it is connected to is about 35 to 40 feet from router with direct line of sight.  My TV 4k (suffers same issue of washout colors), on another TV that is 5 or 6 walls away from the router, does not have the buffering issue, playing the same video.  I have not run any speed test to verify the actual thruput.....

Audio........ It does NOT passthrough ANY of the HD audio codecs using the stable Kodi 18 or the Kodi 19 alpha. 

This box, like most of my other Android boxes passesthrough the DTS HD MA codec, but Not the DolbyHD, using VLC

Netflix does play in 4k with DD+ audio.

Vudu, like all my other Android boxes, except the Nvidia Shield, only plays in HD and not UHD..........

Disney + says it is playing in 4k but I can't verify.  It does play with DD+ audio.

Because of the washout colors, I can't use it on my main TV, but it will work ok on a simpler setup....... (in the drawer it goes)

It really needs some updates to add more settings.......
Sorry to hear, but not surprising unfortunately. For HDR/SDR, I assume there's no auto (or off) setting?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
$30 Dynalink Android TV Box (Based on Google's ADT-3) at Wal-Mart0