Release VFMaster (Video File renamer)
Editing and updating video files in my library manually was taking too much time and occasionally I made renaming errors, so I automated the process some time ago with a small program that worked well enough for me at the time, but was somewhat raw and limited in it's capabilities.  Recently I freed up some time to code again, so it was completely rewritten and given some polish.  When a friend asked what I used to update the library files, he saw and liked what I had, so I decided others might like it also.  And so a website was created for it, and soon I'll be hosting a support forum for it too; maybe.

If anyone's interested, here's the link for VFMaster - currently it's hosted in Google space.

From the website:

VFMaster is, at it's heart, a video file renaming program. There are many programs available to edit a video file, but most leave the original intact and create a new file for the revised copy. VFMaster replaces the original file with the updated file. Currently VFMaster works best with movie files simply because folder naming logic for TV Series episode files has not been added. Whatever media library controls your content, VFMaster works with it.

VFMaster runs under Windows only and requires .NET 4.5.1, and was developed with VS2015 under Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 for our own use.
Version 1.19 just released; Changes:
Website and Forums links enabled.  Original video file now renamed to .Backup before a new file is copied over; the .Backup is deleted afterwards, or renamed back if an error occurs.  Option5 is used to check for available updates; not fully implemented, must manually disable for now.  (This was a bitch to implement in the google sphere.)  No automatic updating is performed, it just checks if there's a newer version on the website.  Clicking the program title in About screen will run an immediate update check.  Changed ReRoot's Labels to LinkLabels as Labels do not have TabStops.  All options are now enabled in storage, despite not all being used.  Option8 for language creation now named Conlang.  "Force" mode introduced a quirk where failed items could be reselected; fixed.  Added rudimentary TV Series filename decoding; For now, the regex only recognizes the "Series name - SxxExx - episode title.ext" format.  (Have not tested other formats!)  TV series Regex phrase and season name strings added to options file.  Right clicking a directory 'Change' button clears the directory entry.

Supporting files contain some references to version 1.20; 1.20 will change the way the configuration file is handled.  That change was originally planned for 1.19 but was too deep in the planning stage to make it.
Brick 
Version 1.20 just went up; think I rushed it a little and could polish the code some more, but it's working just fine.  Nothing obvious has changed, but all the language and configuration code underwent drastic rewriting just to enable self updating of the configuration file.  Also added 2 new settings to the globals section; LocalIgnores and LocalTypes - these do not get clobbered on an update and will transfer over intact.  The delay was due to working out a method to keep comments intact in the configuration file; finally gave up and simply generated new ones instead.  

There is, actually, one obvious difference; the Options panel got rearranged.

Edit: Took it offline immediately as an issue was discovered with TV Episode decoding; any episode title starting with 'S' or 'E' caused a crash and this issue probably exists in 1.19 also.  That issue has been corrected and version 1.20 is back online.  Do not believe anybody managed to download the problematic version (except for 1.19!) so the version number was not changed.
Really can't think of anywhere else to go with the program at this time, except maybe adding alternate languages.  Support already exists, I simply do not trust my translation attempts and would have to resort to online translation tools anyway.

Edit: Might add code to run unattended.  All that would be required is to read any CLI arguments to load the queue, determine the mode to use, and destination.  That would actually be an easy update; would have to move a block of code out of a button handler and make it independent so it could be called from the original button handler and the new CLI interpreter.  Would probably need to lock out the interface buttons and disable drops to the queue, all simple enough.

Edit: Change the 'Watch' directories to 'Monitor' instead; currently they are only read at startup.
Minor interface changes, added option to monitor the 'Watch' directories.  Version 1.21 pushed out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VFMaster (Video File renamer)0