Best box for local media on USB HDD(s) , with decent wifi and(?) Android TV dualboot
Hi have been running Kodi for a while on a Nexbox A95x (S905w) with libreelec installed to internal . 90% of my usage is playing local files off attached  USB HDDs and this box has worked pretty well for me. (Even lets me have two large external HDDs mounted simultaneously) .

However the wifi performance is almost unusable for Youtube streaming

So I am looking for a new box with the following requirements:

- USB slots with reliable enough USB power output for at least one, ideally two 2.5"  USB HDDs (2 or 4 TB each) 
- Decent wifi
- Bluetooth
- Smooth enough (though I am not a particular videofile so not too fussed about perfect framerate matching)  kodi video 1080p playback. 4k etc a bonus but not ness. Probably via CoreElec but if it worked well would be fine to run Kodi via Android.
- Would be nice (but not essential)  if the box ran Android /Google TV OS (not normal Android) if that would provide an upgrade on the Kodi youtube experience. Youtube is the only streaming platform I would be using so no need for Netflix etc. Would access Android TV either via dual boot, or if kodi runs smoothly enough than as an app within Android TV OS.

So far the X96 (S905X3) Air seems to be a leading contender for what i want. (Though I think it is normal Android, not Android TV). Can anyone confirm that the wifi is decent enough on these? 

Edit: Just came across the Ugoos X2 or X3 series with (via freaktab rom) the potential to dualboot CoreElec and Android TV. I guess that might be a v good option if it meets the other criteria? How much smoother is the ATV youtube experience compared to kodi's? IF going for this dual boot ATV option would the X3 cube (2gb +16gb)be sufficient or would I be better off getting the X3 Pro (4gb = 32gb)

Thanks very much for any suggestions!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best box for local media on USB HDD(s) , with decent wifi and(?) Android TV dualboot0