Activating Disc art Spinning Feature on Kodi at Nvidia Shield Pro
Hi,

I am new to Kodi and has become a huge fan of it. Currently, I am using Kodi on my Nvidia Shield Pro and badly stuck with a feature which would like to activate. I remember seeing some screenshots as well as youtube videos where while playing the music when the disc is spinning it shows the discart of the album. I am really very keen to activate that feature but not sure where I am going wrong. I have even saved the image of the disc in each and every folder of my Music as discart.png and discart.jpg but it is not at all working. I have even scanned the music source to the Library.

Please guide me as what am i missing and if anyone of you can share the step by step process to activate the same.

Regards
Rajiv
You need to use a suitable graphically rich skin that offers animated disc art, and I can't remeber off hand which ones that is. Estuary does not. If no one advises here I would have a look at the various skins on the forum and see if any look like what you want.
I use the Modv2 of Estuary and it does indeed have the spinning disc. I am pretty sure there are a lot more skins that feature this option also.
Am using the Aeon box Silvio skin and already saved all the discart as discart.png is each of the music album folder. But the spinning shows a blank disc instead of the CD art saved in the folder. Please advise as what is that am missing
(2020-11-16, 16:45)rajivaryan1984 Wrote: Am using the Aeon box Silvio skin and already saved all the discart as discart.png is each of the music album folder. But the spinning shows a blank disc instead of the CD art saved in the folder. Please advise as what is that am missing
If you are using Kodi 18 version you might install the "artwork beef" addon which will find local artwork and add it to the library.  You can also use the "advancedsettings.xml" file to inform Kodi to find discart, but after making the change you need to refresh the album to get the art loaded if you don't use artwork beef.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ra_artwork

When skins display art, the code gets the art from a call to the appropriate library (video, music, or addon).

scott s.
Thanks a ton Scott..I will go ahead and install the artwork beef. But can you please share the steps required to activate it once it is installed.

Also Scott since am totally new to this can u please help me as how to use the "advancedsettings.xml" file to find discart. Just for your reference -- 1. Am using Kodi on Nvidia Shield Pro and 2. all my discart is saved in each of the album as discart.png

Kindly guide....
(2020-11-17, 07:00)rajivaryan1984 Wrote: can u please help me as how to use the "advancedsettings.xml" file to find discart
Try this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341179
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen..what I was referring to is that lets say I copied the advancedsettings.xml file from the link you have shared but how I will apply it to Kodi in Nvidia Shield Pro...Can u please guide me.
(2020-11-17, 07:48)rajivaryan1984 Wrote: Thanks Karellen..what I was referring to is that lets say I copied the advancedsettings.xml file from the link you have shared but how I will apply it to Kodi in Nvidia Shield Pro...Can u please guide me.

Ok i got it so I will create a notepad first on my PC and copy the tags you have shared in your link and save it as advancedsettings.xml file on desktop and copy it to a pen drive. Then using a file manager on shield go to Settings and enable 'Show hidden files'. Then paste the file in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

Then run Clean Library

Correct

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Activating Disc art Spinning Feature on Kodi at Nvidia Shield Pro0