• 21(current)
Release HBO Max
Odd. All working fine here.
It is using the same old method before the update that removed subs. Did the subs used to work say a week ago? Are you in USA?
(2021-09-25, 10:09)matthuisman Wrote: Odd. All working fine here.
It is using the same old method before the update that removed subs. Did the subs used to work say a week ago? Are you in USA?

I've turned on ignore subtitles before, so I'm not sure what's happening lately. I'm not sure if the issue is related to the HBO Max account region (my account is in a non-US account region)
The problem only occurs with specific content, such as The Matrix and Wonder Woman 1984 Cry Macho, where the subtitles don't quite work even when I ignore the extremely slow loading (I turn on the subtitle display and it shows the subtitles. But Kodi automatically turns it off). Limiting the subtitle whitelist to English doesn't help the problem either. But Malignant is not affected at all, and the subtitles display correctly. So I think this is directly related to the subtitle work-around.
I'm having an issue with getting things to play on all of my Windows Kodi installs. I'm getting the following error:
Code:
2021-09-29 10:10:35.859 T:2196   ERROR: slyguy.hbo.max - global name 'enable_accessibility' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.slyguy\resources\modules\slyguy\plugin.py", line 98, in decorated_function
                                                data = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\slyguy.hbo.max\resources\lib\plugin.py", line 450, in mpd_request
                                                if not enable_accessibility and adap_set.getElementsByTagName('Accessibility'):
                                            NameError: global name 'enable_accessibility' is not defined

I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on SlyGuy common and HBO Max add-on.

Here is the full log: 
https://paste.kodi.tv/kobayodewu.kodi
@Doctor Eggs
That should have been fixed with 0.6.3 (pushed 6 days ago)
HBO Max is now available in Spain. I've just tested this addon (Linux, with Kodi 18), it seems to work but subtitles are missing, and in movies the image is corrupted.
Edit: same problem with Kodi 19.
Edit 2: tested on a fire tv stick. Image is not corrupted in this device but subtitles are still missing.
(2021-10-26, 09:08)Paco8 Wrote: HBO Max is now available in Spain. I've just tested this addon (Linux, with Kodi 18), it seems to work but subtitles are missing, and in movies the image is corrupted.
Edit: same problem with Kodi 19.

Same for Sweden, released to day here. No subtitles either. 

Cheers!
Marcus
Looking at the mpd files, subtitles in Spain are in vtt format. They are not segmented, there's only one vtt file for each language.

Reverting this change makes subtitles to work in Spain.

Edit: actually just changing back 
Code:
VERSION = '50.49.0.0'
to 
Code:
VERSION = '100.35.0.280'
fixes the problem, no need to revert the whole commit.

I'm also getting the error "Failed to fetch / parse playback URL. Make sure your entitled to this content and your IP address is allowed (not geo-blocked). Try accessing the content via other means (offical app / website) to test if it's a Kodi add-on issue" very often when trying to play something. Sometimes it works sometimes doesn't.
(2021-10-26, 13:51)Paco8 Wrote: Looking at the mpd files, subtitles in Spain are in vtt format. They are not segmented, there's only one vtt file for each language.

Code:
VERSION = '50.49.0.0'
to 
Code:
VERSION = '100.35.0.280'

I'm also getting the error "Failed to fetch / parse playback URL. Make sure your entitled to this content and your IP address is allowed (not geo-blocked). Try accessing the content via other means (offical app / website) to test if it's a Kodi add-on issue" very often when trying to play something. Sometimes it works sometimes doesn't.
Thanks, this enables subtitles for me as well. I also experiance the error you refering to quite frequently.
(2021-10-26, 17:36)macardi Wrote:
(2021-10-26, 13:51)Paco8 Wrote: Looking at the mpd files, subtitles in Spain are in vtt format. They are not segmented, there's only one vtt file for each language.

Code:
VERSION = '50.49.0.0'
to 
Code:
VERSION = '100.35.0.280'

Thanks, this enables subtitles for me as well. I also experiance the error you refering to quite frequently.

The setting fixes the problem for me too (Sweden) but when choose 5.1 sound the subtitle disables after a second or two. If choose 2.0 sound it is working

Code:
VERSION = '50.49.0.0'
to 
Code:
VERSION = '100.35.0.280'

Y esto en castellano y para los que acabamos de ponernos con Kodi como lo hacemos? jajajajaja.
@elbores - the forum language is English only please.

The use of services like Google Translate is acceptable if required when posting.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Kodi 19.1 matrix in Firestick. Add-on installed. All seems to work fine, but no subtitles. I´m new here and I don´t understand very well the solution Paco gives. So could anyone tell me how to solve it like I was a 5 years old boy? hahahaha

Many thanks.
please try versions 0.6.4 of HBO Max for subtitle fix.
You can force update by following below:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/07/force...d-ons.html

@Paco8
I'll need a debug log from you showing the playback url error you get sometimes
(2021-10-26, 23:06)matthuisman Wrote: @Paco8
I'll need a debug log from you showing the playback url error you get sometimes
The log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/qefubavina.kodi

Version 0.6.4 seems to have another bug. While it seems to work fine with tv shows, when I try to play a movie CPU usage goes up a lot, the movie actually plays and the available subtitles are on the list but they are never displayed on the screen. After a few seconds the player freezes. I can stop playback, but CPU usage is still very high until I close kodi. This problem doesn't happen with version 0.6.3.
This is the log when this thing happens:
https://paste.kodi.tv/xasipucova.kodi
Hello good, you have just put hbo max here in Spain, I have downloaded this addon and I see that it is all in English, can it be put in Spanish?
Thank you
Greetings
Alfred
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0