• 3(current)
Release HBO Max
so, I tried setting my proxy to put the ec-3 above the ac-3 and Kodi still chooses the ac-3.
I suspect as Inputstream Adaptive is saying they both are eac3 , Kodi is selecting the one with the highest bandwidth (not the 1st listed)

yes, confirmed that.
So, only way to force the actual ec-3 is to set the ac-3 to something else (or remove it)

Ok, so if I increase the bandwidth on ec-3 above ac-3, ac-3 is still selected...
Strange.

But found a fix that I can incorporate for everything
1) Set ec-3 to ac-3 in mpd
2) Put the ec-3 above the ac-3 in mpd

Then kodi selects the ec-3 as first stream regardless of bandwidth Smile

just pushed new version of SlyGuy common with the work-around
(2020-12-01, 05:52)matthuisman Wrote: so, I tried setting my proxy to put the ec-3 above the ac-3 and Kodi still chooses the ac-3.
I suspect as Inputstream Adaptive is saying they both are eac3 , Kodi is selecting the one with the highest bandwidth (not the 1st listed)

yes, confirmed that.
So, only way to force the actual ec-3 is to set the ac-3 to something else (or remove it)

Ok, so if I increase the bandwidth on ec-3 above ac-3, ac-3 is still selected...
Strange.

But found a fix that I can incorporate for everything
1) Set ec-3 to ac-3 in mpd
2) Put the ec-3 above the ac-3 in mpd

Then kodi selects the ec-3 as first stream regardless of bandwidth Smile

just pushed new version of SlyGuy common with the work-around
It is weird that the DD standard track would be higher bandwidth than the DD+, it’s actually weird that HBO bothers to encode a DD standard track at all. All other streaming content providers I know of that include a surround sound track probably never used DD standard in the first place, including HBO. lol
yeh, have you tried both?
Does the ec-3 sound better?
(2020-12-01, 10:30)matthuisman Wrote: yeh, have you tried both?
Does the ec-3 sound better?

DD+ should sound better even at a lower bitrate. What's the difference? I can't tell from the stats.

HBO Is just wasting bandwidth by including a standard DD track. They should be using it for video.
Hi everyone ,

I have a problem with dd+ audiotracks within the hbo max addon . Im getting sort of like a distorted sound every couple of seconds. Its like the sound is off key . Im hearing it very clearly everytime the score of a movie kicks in for example . Dialogue is just fine though . Just doesn’t sound right . Everything plays just fine with aac 2 channel audio. I tried all the audio tracks . Problem persists on 2 of the dd+ tracks.
(2020-12-04, 01:02)Wishal Wrote: Hi everyone ,

I have a problem with dd+ audiotracks within the hbo max addon . Im getting sort of like a distorted sound every couple of seconds. Its like the sound is off key . Im hearing it very clearly everytime the score of a movie kicks in for example . Dialogue is just fine though . Just doesn’t sound right . Everything plays just fine with aac 2 channel audio. I tried all the audio tracks . Problem persists on 2 of the dd+ tracks.

I haven't tried watching a whole program with a DD+ track yet, I only tested it briefly. I will watch something with it later and see if I get similar results.
Just for reference, the top DD+ is real DD+, the 2nd DD+ is actually just DD
This is a current quirk of Inputstream Adaptive which hopefully gets fixed.

Be interested in your testing @Wagg

On another note:
Looks like all the upcoming Warner movies are now going straight to HBO Max at same time as theatres. Wow
https://twitter.com/wbpictures/status/13...1610735617
(2020-12-04, 03:06)matthuisman Wrote: Just for reference, the top DD+ is real DD+, the 2nd DD+ is actually just DD

On another note:
Looks like all the upcoming Warner movies are now going straight to HBO Max at same time as theatres. Wow
https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-will-s...lby-atmos/

Apparently 4k/HDR/Atmos is going to be limited to Widevine L3 devices and Apple TV/Airplay2 devices at first so you should be able to add support for those of us with Nvidia Shields and Fire TV devices. Personally I'd rather watch through Airplay2 on my Vizio because I'm fairly certain those are higher bandwidth streams (at least they are for Apple TV/iTunes content).
(2020-12-04, 08:57)Wagg Wrote: [quote="matthuisman" pid='2993137' dateline='1607043988']
Just for reference, the top DD+ is real DD+, the 2nd DD+ is actually just DD

On another note:
https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-will-s...lby-atmos/

Yes HBO max is going to be released in europe too next year . Good news for me .

And about the warner movies being released on the platform and at the same time in the cinemas is also very cool .

This is still an experiment though for a year . Hopefully they wil extend this .

@“Wagg”
Curious what you will find out . Issue is with all content with dd+ tracks .

@“MattHuisman”

Is there support for autoframerate via your add ons like disney + and hbo max ? It looks like it works but i still saw a hiccup on the screen yesterday . It is rare though . Mostly play’s very smoothly. Maybe it’s another reason why i saw that .
I think you meant 4k limited to L1 android devices. But yes, as soon as I have content to test with, should be able to implement pretty
quickly.

Yes, kodi does the frame rate switching based on the content playing. The addons dont do anything explicitly for that.

Still interested in hearing the audio findings.
Are you using pass through?
(2020-12-04, 20:38)matthuisman Wrote: I think you meant 4k limited to L1 android devices. But yes, as soon as I have content to test with, should be able to implement pretty
quickly.

Yes, kodi does the frame rate switching based on the content playing. The addons dont do anything explicitly for that.

Still interested in hearing the audio findings.
Are you using pass through?

Yes i use passthrough . But problem persists with it off . Just tested. I only have this problem with hbo max . Netflix uses DD+ also but no problems there . Audio offset is also at 0.375 . Otherwise audio is not in sync with screen . But that’s also not the issue . Tested it a couple of seconds ago.
Watched Clockstoppers DD+ tonight with Coreelec on my Odroid N2. Worked fine, no problems.

Any chance of getting the Watchlist working?
(2020-12-05, 08:34)Wagg Wrote: Watched Clockstoppers DD+ tonight with Coreelec on my Odroid N2. Worked fine, no problems.

Try playing the intro of his dark materials season 2. It’s very present there . I hear it too on clockstoppers . Still haven’t figured out what the problem is .. im using a fire tv stick 4K .
I found the problem . When i turn off “sync playback to display” under the option “adjust display refresh rate” the weird sound is completely gone .

But! When i turn off this option im getting microstutters in content even when autoframe rate is enabled ... so this is not an option. So i will just watch content with aac 2.0 channel audio Sad
(2020-12-05, 18:07)Wishal Wrote: I found the problem . When i turn off “sync playback to display” under the option “adjust display refresh rate” the weird sound is completely gone .

But! When i turn off this option im getting microstutters in content even when autoframe rate is enabled ... so this is not an option. So i will just watch content with aac 2.0 channel audio Sad

When you turn on sync playback to display it turns off bitstreaming and only outputs pcm.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0