• 9(current)
Release HBO Max
no logs needed.
I can reproduce the issue.

For now, the HBO add-on only works on Android systems.
Seems they have changed their widevine license server and it is no longer accepting the requests from the addon (except for on Android)
hopefully I can find a fix...
(2021-01-17, 20:31)DarrenHill Wrote: I asked you to remove the repos from your system, not to edit the log.

The forum rules (wiki) apply to everyone. Either submit a new clean log or your posts here go in the bin.

@DarrenHill I did remove the repos and created a new log. Old log has time stamps from 1/16/2021. New log has time stamps from 1/17/2021. I never used those repos and forgot they were on there when I created the first log and followed your instructions.

@matthuisman thanks for the update. I was afraid of something like that. I appreciate the help!
OK - both logs seem to be showing the same date and time for some reason (some time in 2019). Hence why it looked like a log edit.

My apologies, and glad you've got your answer anyway (even if it isn't what you wanted to hear).

https://paste.kodi.tv/xihubisebo.kodi

https://paste.kodi.tv/bewipadomi.kodi
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-01-17, 22:00)matthuisman Wrote: no logs needed.
I can reproduce the issue.

For now, the HBO add-on only works on Android systems.
Seems they have changed their widevine license server and it is no longer accepting the requests from the addon (except for on Android)
hopefully I can find a fix...

Hope you can find a fix! Great work on the addon. Almost got all my streaming bases covered.
@matthuisman 

and I have another question:

There is a lot of content on HBO. Old stuff, new stuff...

Is there a way to filter movies by the release year?

Maybe there is something you can use to implement it into the add-on?

Would be great!

Thank you!
I noticed some content is missing (or doesn’t show up in a search). Why I can’t find Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is a mystery.
@Wagg 
See issues section here: https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/11/hbo-m...dd-on.html

it shouldn't be too hard to implement - hopefully find time to sort soon
Is there a working kodi addon for hbo max from the original maker but from a different hoster because i can't seem to install it.
(2021-03-09, 01:45)ohmichaelboss Wrote: Is there a working kodi addon for hbo max from the original maker but from a different hoster because i can't seem to install it.
Is your ISP xfinity by any chance?
they seem to block the slyguy site..
you could try change dns to 1.1.1.1 and see if that helps, or you can disable safebrowse (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-...ue#M215393)
(2021-03-02, 05:17)Wagg Wrote: I noticed some content is missing (or doesn’t show up in a search). Why I can’t find Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is a mystery.

Yeah, I have that and Real Time in My List in HBO Max and can never ever find them.
Hello @matthuisman , I appreciate your hard work and effort to make this addon

I would like to ask you if its possible for the addon to check if there are more subtitles available for a stream

Yesterday I was watching "The Outsider" with my wife (she doesnt speak english), so we downloaded spanish subtitles from Opensubtitles, which were a bit off, but worked ok. However, we continued watching the episode on the android phone using the Hbo Max app, and I found out that the stream carries Spanish and English subtitles for each of the episodes.

So my question is... 
Is it possible for the addon to parse the available subtitles?

Thanks in advance Smile
@Ruckus
That is known issue (see issues here: https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/11/hbo-m...dd-on.html)
hopefully fixed soon

@vtwin0001
Just pushed 0.0.8 that will fix the multi-language subtitles Smile

Also had some success today getting playback working on non-android kodi platforms.
So hopefully can get it all back fully working in the near future!
Hello,

I found this thread earlier this morning, and after reviewing it to see if android devices were supported, did an installation using the installation instruction links posted by @matthuisman, but none of the videos are playing.  This is an Android device running coreElec 9.2.7.  The debug logs show Error lines when trying to use the InputStream Adaptive plugin, so  I tried restarting kodi, rebooting the device, and installing (after uninstalling the existing version and removing the cdm directory created when InputStream Adaptive gets installed) each of the three versions of InputStream Adaptive listed when prompted to install that plugin after trying to play a video in HBOMax.  I get prompted to select the playback quality, have selected multiple qualities from best down to Bypass, with nothing playing.  

The debug log which should have caught the last installation of the latest version of InputStream Adaptive and a few attempts at playing videos is linked to below.   Let me know if this device isn't supported or if there is anything else I can provide to help
identify the problem.

Debug Log

Thanks,
@mm_half3
again, this is currently only working on Kodi ANDROID.
If you install CoreELEC on Android box - it is no longer running Android.
(Android is the OS - not the hardware)
Lightbulb 
(2021-03-21, 22:57)matthuisman Wrote: @mm_half3
again, this is currently only working on Kodi ANDROID.
If you install CoreELEC on Android box - it is no longer running Android.
(Android is the OS - not the hardware)

Thanks for the quick response in clarifying that up. I  saw some CoreElec installs listed as working and was mistakenly correlating ARM hardware to the android OS.  I should have caught that the CoreElec posts/statements were made prior to the HBO Max service blocking everything but android OS.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0