• 20(current)
Release HBO Max
(2021-09-22, 11:22)matthuisman Wrote: ignore subtitles hasn't been touched...

Its just that now they are embeded by HBO in the manifest.
That setting stopped them being added, but now they are already included.

so maybe the internal broken subs are overwriting your external subs?
Kodi should still show both (internal and external)

I'll see if I can get the proxy to remove the embedded subs from the manifest.

UPDATE:
Just pushed 0.5.6
This replaces the ignore subs setting with a "Subtitle Whitelist" setting (same as Disney+)
This is a comma separated list of languages of subtitles you want to keep. eg. en,de
If you want none, then just set it to something that won't match any languages. eg. none
The proxy then will strip out the embedded subtitle tracks that don't match (all)

Good job, it's working fine now.
I noticed that when playing 20 seconds after the start of The Matrix, the internal subtitles overwrite the external ones. This is similar to the Paramount Plus Add-on problem. But this problem does not happen in Malignant.
If the internal subtitles are converted to .SRT. this should bypass inputstream adaptive workaround for this problem.
With the above, you shouldn't get any internal subs?? Or were you talking about what you had happen before the latest changes?

It's too hacky to convert the internal subs. Especially the segmented ones. We will just need to wait until inputstream adaptive is fixed.
Yes, I mean the v0.5.5 version.
I noticed that the ttml2ssa author mentioned the implementation of Disney Plus segmented subtitle integration? Can this be integrated into SlyGuy Common and solve the problem of HBO Max Add-on?
Quote:because ttml2ssa downloads all parts of the subtitles before playback and joins them in one subtitle file
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364542
Pre downloading every segment before playback is something I won't be doing.
for starters, each segment has only about 5x lines in it. so there will be hundreds if not thousands of them.
thats a lot of requests and a long delay before playback would start

fix is either
1) inputstream adaptive fixed
or
2) we find urls to their full sub files like they used to have

UPDATE:
should have a work-around soon.
Can read about it here:
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.ad...-926195181

UPDATE2:
just pushed 0.5.7
should fix subs for now
(2021-09-23, 19:44)matthuisman Wrote: Pre downloading every segment before playback is something I won't be doing.
for starters, each segment has only about 5x lines in it. so there will be hundreds if not thousands of them.
thats a lot of requests and a long delay before playback would start

fix is either
1) inputstream adaptive fixed
or
2) we find urls to their full sub files like they used to have

UPDATE:
should have a work-around soon.
Can read about it here:
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.ad...-926195181

UPDATE2:
just pushed 0.5.7
should fix subs for now
After testing, I think the work-around solution is causing playback problems. If I don't use the subtitle whitelist (ignore all subtitles), it loads so slowly that it doesn't play properly at all.
what is your device and what content did you try on?

Also maybe try again with latest updates.
The sub is now converted in the proxy itself instead of calling the addon to do it
(2021-09-25, 02:17)matthuisman Wrote: what is your device and what content did you try on?

Also maybe try again with latest updates.
The sub is now converted in the proxy itself instead of calling the addon to do it

Shield TV Pro 2019
Play test with The Matrix

HBO Max Add-on Version 0.59 cannot open any video folder, prompting "KeyError: 'header'"
HBO Max Website Change?
im not getting any errors like that.

(oh, wait - getting that on featured)

UPDATE:
just pushed 0.6.0 that should fix it
Looks like they added a new carasoul to some menus that doesn't have a label. Probably just images. I assume a hub sort of thing. So now I just skip any without labels.
(2021-09-25, 06:58)matthuisman Wrote: im not getting any errors like that.

(oh, wait - getting that on featured)

UPDATE:
just pushed 0.6.0 that should fix it

The update fixes the problem, but the Dolby Vision switch appears to be broken.
Explain?
(2021-09-25, 07:25)matthuisman Wrote: Explain?

Dolby Vision is turned off in the HBO Max Add-on settings and Dolby Vision is not turned on in the system settings, but the Dolby Vision video stream is still being received (color error). This can be done by manually switching the video stream to HDR 10, but if the quality is set to Best, then the Dolby Vision video stream will be displayed.
Thanks. I'll take a looksy

UPDATE
I've tested with Cry Macho and the setting seems to work.
With Dolby Vision enabled and quality control set to Ask, you will see it show Dolby Vision streams.
Disabling will remove those streams.
Thats as much as the add-on can do.
(2021-09-25, 07:42)matthuisman Wrote: Thanks. I'll take a looksy

UPDATE
I've tested with Cry Macho and the setting seems to work.
With Dolby Vision enabled and quality control set to Ask, you will see it show Dolby Vision streams.
Disabling will remove those streams.
Thats as much as the add-on can do.

It's weird, in the test I just did with The Matrix and Wonder Woman 1984, I was sure they both offered Dolby Vision video streaming... But now what just happened seems to be just an illusion. :S
So all is ok?
Are subs now working ok?
(2021-09-25, 09:16)matthuisman Wrote: So all is ok?
Are subs now working ok?

The problem is not solved, if do not ignore subtitles loading will be slow to unplayable.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0