• 27(current)
Release HBO Max
@kuluba
Looks like this addon doesnt support EU roaming (portability) yet.
You can follow progress on that below:
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/issues/146

@webmaher
HBO Max > Settings > Playback > Default Subtitle >  sl
This will try to set the default subtitle to SL (slovenian)

Sorry, the add-on will always just keep the last profile that was chosen.
It doesn't remember profiles via shortcuts
Same as if you made a bookmark in a browser, it wouldn't know what profile that was for...
It probably is possible to do though in the add-on.
I've created an issue below to remind me to look into it sometime:
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/issues/147

@cuh7b5
You can however show the details via the context menu.
Context menu > Full Details
This will fetch the full details for you.

These details are all available but only via an API call for each movie.
So, when your listing 100 movies - that's 101 API calls instead of 1 (very slow)
This is why needs to be done ondemand via context menu

@Sholander
The device ID is how HBO identifies the device.
default is to generate the ID from the mac address which should give every device a unique id.
If you wanted every device to have the same id (appear as same device to hbo), you would set each device to the same name. eg "Kodi"
what about HDR options?
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
they dont specify HDR streams in there manifest, so I can't add a toggle for it.

Please use "Wonder Woman 1984" as a test.
The H265 4K streams should have HDR10 on them I think...
Or, try the Dolby Vision streams - they can also be backwards compatible with HDR10
@matthuisman It looks like that unlike Netflix where we can get 1080p stream (4K stream requires newer CPU generation than my CPU which is Intel Skylake / Intel 6th gen) when using Microsoft Edge(ium) + PlayReady CDM for HBO Max even that combination is capped to 720p max (1280 x XYZ) just like Chrome + Widevine (the only difference being that in Edge it plays HEVC stream and in Chrome it plays AVC stream).

Is there any progress being made for Inputstream Adaptive supporting PlayReady CDM on Windows devices?
@shamanNS
every vod service is different. just because netflix does X doesn't mean HBO will.
You say it yourself that HBO with Playready is also capped, so not sure how having playready in kodi would help...

anyway, your best to ask Inputstream adaptive questions over here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=312
@kuluba
Portability should now work with version 0.8.9
Just installed v0.8.9. on RPI3B using Libreelec 9.2.8 .
I was able to play content successfully for the first time I tried.

Now I'm receiving the following error message: Failed to fetch JSON data, make sure your IP address is allowed.

I have changed DNS server from AdGuard to Cloudfare/Google but it didn't help.

Any Idea?
@PpenoO
pleas try latest 0.9.1
if that still has issue, please provide full kodi debug log
Yes, roaming works now Smile
Unfortunately HBO doesn't send 1080p for low security devices but that is nothing we can fix Wink
(2022-03-10, 07:54)PpenoO Wrote: Just installed v0.8.9. on RPI3B using Libreelec 9.2.8 .
I was able to play content successfully for the first time I tried.

Now I'm receiving the following error message: Failed to fetch JSON data, make sure your IP address is allowed.

I have changed DNS server from AdGuard to Cloudfare/Google but it didn't help.

Any Idea?

just install last update and log out and then login again and must works... i have same issue on my sony android tv... on w10 works without logout and login....
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
@matthuisman
Usually Netflix was always the most restrictive provider (the whole bullsh*t need for extra "Netflix certification" for devices already having Widevine L1)...

As for usefulness of PlayReady for Kodi addons I was thinking more in general terms not only for use in HBO Max addon. For one Netflix users would benefit when using Kodi on a PC.
(2022-03-08, 23:30)matthuisman Wrote: Actually, the browser can get better quality than the add-on as most browsers on Windows can use VMP (verified media path)
This is another security feature of Widevine.

Widevine in Kodi can't use that.
Basically, Widevine on Kodi is the same as Widevine in a Linux browser as they don't have VMP.

Except for Kodi on Android.
Kodi on Android can use the androids built-in Widevine DRM so can get max quality.

Again, it's the service limiting the quality.
HBO could decide to enable full res for Linux browsers and then we will get it too.
Hi, I'm new here. HBO Max started on 8th March i Poland and I've tried to have FullHD in HBO Max on my x86 PC with LibreELEC and slyguy hbo max addon. As I've read some posts here is it really impossible to get?
From what I've read this has to be "Widevine L1" (whatever that is) device. If so, is there maybe some kind of setting to fool hbo servers and emulate my LibreELEC PC as it was this "Widevine L1"?
I saw some "Device ID" setting or something. Can't we put there some information compatible with FullHD/4K streams? Or maybe some other way?
I was happy that HBO Go is changing into HBO Max and I will have good quality (at least 1080p and 5.1 audio) from them at last, and here such disappointment now... Sad
Netflix runs without problems...
Hi, upgrade and signout/sign in helped. Thanks everyone!
If your device is not properly licensed by google and the vendor and the chain of trust as well of decoding in a secure element on the board cannot be guaranteed, you can't get to the highest resolutions and audio quality.
What is available for each level is decided upon by the streaming service and nothing we can influence.
(2022-03-10, 09:29)matthuisman Wrote: @PpenoO
pleas try latest 0.9.1
if that still has issue, please provide full kodi debug log

Today on my Firestick 4k I updated to latest "HBO Max v.0.91" and latest "Common" and rebooted. After that I could not play anything, only getting the error:
Failed to fetch JSON data, make sure your IP address is allowed.... Checked with Win10/Firefox and everything is OK with my account and login.
Then on Firestick I reverted the addon to an older version that worked OK yesterday: "HBO Max v.0.8.8" and "Common v.0.50.7" and rebooted. After that I can again login and watch all titles without problem.
Has anything changed between these versions that can cause this "Geo Lock" error?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0