• 31(current)
Release HBO Max
(2022-04-16, 15:45)Sholander Wrote: OK, tested with fresh official Kodi 19.4 playing "King Richard" movie, with results:
1. No picture on best quality stream (11.55 Mbit/s h265) no matter which audio is preselected. Limiting bandwidth to 11.0 Mbit/s in the addon, stream plays with 10.2 Mbit/s h265 and everything works OK. I have to choose DD+ to avoid subtitle flicker. Looks exactly the same as on Kodi 20a Nexus. So, Firestick 4K is probably not powerful enough for best stream.
2. The movie is displayed in proper aspect ratio 2.35:1. So wrong aspect ratio (1.77:1) displayed in Nexus is probably due to alpha Kodi version...

One more thing, on both Kodi versions if I choose AC3 (best audio option) audio stream is not recognised/properly displayed in "Player process info" overlay and I get subtitle flicker. Probably also due to underpowered Firestick 4k...

I also have a problem with AC3 audio on my Google Chromecast with Google TV. Playback jams and the sound drops out. when I switch to DD + so everything is fine. Bandwith have limited only to 7 Mbit, if I set more, the video will play but not show ... I'm a little surprised because I thought that my device can play 4K videos and 150Mbit internet connection should be sufficient, but here I have a problem with HD.
(2022-04-16, 16:30)Kravatak76 Wrote: I also have a problem with AC3 audio on my Google Chromecast with Google TV. Playback jams and the sound drops out. when I switch to DD + so everything is fine. Bandwith have limited only to 7 Mbit, if I set more, the video will play but not show ... I'm a little surprised because I thought that my device can play 4K videos and 150Mbit internet connection should be sufficient, but here I have a problem with HD.

Yes, it does play 4k at 60fps, as advertised, but they don't advertise at which bitrate and not in Kodi Wink
Since it has a modest SoC, how does it perform with Android's HBO_Max app? Is there able to run with best quality? When I tried on my FS4k I could get UHD 4k with Dolby Vision and Atmos sound without problems...
(2022-04-15, 22:35)matthuisman Wrote: @Kravatak76
The Kodi subtitle language to original is what would have fixed. Basically Kodi doesn't know these streams were actually Czech. I think it looks for a certain string or something. Can't remember. Anyway, it was unreliable. That's why my addons have that setting in first place. They actually go and mark the streams as default in the manifest forcing Kodi to select them basically.

I can look into skip intro. I've opened a GitHub issue here to remind me https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/issues/180

No idea what osmosis is so won't be supporting. Eventually I hope to add an export to library function.

@Sholander
Not sure sorry. Im pretty sure it's a limitation in inputstream adaptive or the hardware. It basically can't keep up. I thought it had been improved in Kodi 20 and latest inputstream on that. Make sure your running IA 20
@matthuisman It would be great if you added a skip intro function in the future so thank you.
Osmosis is an addon for exporting watchlist from various VOD addons. But it doesn't work very well. It also supports HBO Max, Disney + or PrimeVideo. Also Netflix but that has the option to export to the library directly in the addon, which is of course a better option. So if you were considering adding this feature to your HBOMax and Disney + addons in the future, that would be realy great.
(2022-04-17, 14:19)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-04-16, 16:30)Kravatak76 Wrote: I also have a problem with AC3 audio on my Google Chromecast with Google TV. Playback jams and the sound drops out. when I switch to DD + so everything is fine. Bandwith have limited only to 7 Mbit, if I set more, the video will play but not show ... I'm a little surprised because I thought that my device can play 4K videos and 150Mbit internet connection should be sufficient, but here I have a problem with HD.

Yes, it does play 4k at 60fps, as advertised, but they don't advertise at which bitrate and not in Kodi Wink
Since it has a modest SoC, how does it perform with Android's HBO_Max app? Is there able to run with best quality? When I tried on my FS4k I could get UHD 4k with Dolby Vision and Atmos sound without problems...

Today I tried to play the new Batman directly via the HBOMax application and there was no problem with playback. But there is no quality setting, so how do I know that my device really played the movie in 4K?
(2022-04-18, 11:52)Kravatak76 Wrote: But there is no quality setting, so how do I know that my device really played the movie in 4K?

The only way I know of how to check the quality of a played movie is to watch if "HDR" or "HDR+", or "Dolby Vision" sign appears on your TV screen when the movie starts. This enough info for max stream quality...
this is only info to play in 4k quality but you have 3 different resolution with 3 different bitrate and only one is 3840x2160 and max bitrate up to 30Mb/s...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
3 different resolutions? If it's in 4k then it's surely in 3840x2160 resolution.

What other means are there to check the quality of played stream?
4K=3different resolution=HBOMax thinking... we all know that only 3840X2160 is the one but... HBOmax logic say NO NO NO  Big Grin
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
Yes, I looked at the 4k offer for The Batman and actually there are only 2 versions with 3840X2160 resolution, but with a different bitrate.  Smile
(2022-04-18, 13:42)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-04-18, 11:52)Kravatak76 Wrote: But there is no quality setting, so how do I know that my device really played the movie in 4K?

The only way I know of how to check the quality of a played movie is to watch if "HDR" or "HDR+", or "Dolby Vision" sign appears on your TV screen when the movie starts. This enough info for max stream quality...
I see, I have an older TV, although it's 4K but it doesn't support HDR, so I don't know it now ... But I'll buy a new one that will already support all the new formats, so I'll try it. But that still doesn't solve the problem, I probably won't play anything in Kodi in 4K, does it? My goal was to have everything in one library (local files, VODs) and play everything from one place. I gradually worked on that, but as I understand it, I'm limited to HD.
Hi! I'm using Amazon Firestick, Kodi matrix 19.3, and i like very much this add-on. My only problem is that didn't synchronize with online hbo account. After watching one episode from tv series, didn't show in kodi like seen, and checking in online hbo max account, doesn't show in continues watching. Ok, for normal movies, this is not a big problem, but when watching series, maybe you forget what is last episode watched. What can i do?
@Kravatak76 @anyone_else

With latest slyguy common, setting just kodis preferred subtitle language should now be fine without setting the language in the addon setting.
(2022-04-19, 12:19)matthuisman Wrote: @Kravatak76 @anyone_else

With latest slyguy common, setting just kodis preferred subtitle language should now be fine without setting the language in the addon setting.

Yes, I noticed that, it now behaves same as in Netflix addon.

Another pretty weird thing I noticed; after booting my Firestick 4k, opening Kodi.20a (or if OS is running only restarting Kodi) and starting any 10Mbits h265 stream with DD+ I get subtitle stutter. If I then stop the stream, go to addon settings and change any option (usually I just turn on or off forced subtitles) and press OK to get out. Then playing the same stream there is no more subtitle stutter.
Any idea why such behaviour?
(2022-04-19, 12:19)matthuisman Wrote: @Kravatak76 @anyone_else

@matthuisman Great. its working. Can I somehow set Czech subtitles to turn on whenever the audio language is different from Czech? Now it works for me in all addons so that the subtitles turn on when the audio language is English, but when it's German, for example, it doesn't work anymore.
I think that is set in Kodi/Settings/Player/Language. For me, with these settings: Preferred audio language => Media default and
Preferred audio stream => On, I get subtitles automatically on for all audio languages.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0