Doesn´t play back FLAC from library
Hello, I am pretty new to Kodi and I have the problem that Flac files only plays back using the file explorer but not via stream or using the library.
This happens on all my devices: Raspberry Pi Zero and 4, Windows PC, Linux PC and Android phone. It just skips the track and plays the next aviable mp3 file. I tried reinstalling it and removing Metadata from the files but it still doesnt work.
Can anyone here help me?
Greetings,
Ole
I don't really see what is your problem.

I mainly play flac audio files with kodi.

First with rpi3, kodi and libreelec.

Now with beelink gt king, kodi and CoreElec.

Even If I use kodi Windows, it works fine.
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
In music menu Did you add allmost one music source where you can find all your flac files ?

In my library, flac files are in a separated source with mp3.
(2020-11-18, 17:01)o1ez Wrote: I tried reinstalling it and removing Metadata from the files but it still doesnt work.
Do the albums and songs related to the .FLAC music files show in the music library? To be added to the library the FLAC need to be tagged with a minimum of metadata in XIPHE/Vorbis comment format, removing metadata is not going to help. Have you scanned your music into the library?

There is no need so separate music in FLAC from mp3 or any other format, they can be in the same music source. It would be odd to have songs from an album in mixed formats, but providing they are all tagged consistently Kodi will add them to the library when scanned.

Turn on debugging, and produce a debug log of this playback failure and upload to pastebin then post a link to that log here. I suspect this is a problem with use rather than a bug but a log may give a better clue of what has been misunderstood.
Thanks everyone, I found the Problem: The files didn´t have enough Metadata. I added some and now it works just fine.
@o1ez

Ensure you have correctly tagged your files or you will find further problems in your library. "I added some" seems a bit hasty and probably not as much as should be there.

Use https://picard.musicbrainz.org/ then add the additional settings as shown in sect 4.2 & 4.3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You can use the free software mp3tag to tag album automaticaly.
The only thing to do is to put one album in one directory.
Raison why my own structure is :
Artiste name/year - Album name

Not for kodi but to get tags easier in mp3tag.
With years first, you can Check easier all albums for one artiste.

The most important thing you must remember for kodi is :
Kodi needs good tags in files to deal with music.
Kodi needs good files names to deal with films and tv shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Doesn´t play back FLAC from library0