OpenSubtitles sketchy
Sometimes: "UserID/password invalid or missing"

A day later OK

2 days later error message

A day later all OK

What am I doing wrong here? Direct (browser) login to OpenSubtitles site has no issue. Seems to be a Kodi problem
Last time I looked into the code in case there is a generic error or exception when contacting the website, that error message will be generated regardless of the fact you have credentials configured. This seems to be an improper error handling on the add-on side.
(2020-11-22, 14:17)enen92 Wrote: Last time I looked into the code in case there is a generic error or exception when contacting the website, that error message will be generated regardless of the fact you have credentials configured. This seems to be an improper error handling on the add-on side.

Making sure I understand:

1. You think it's an OS problem (even though login w/ a browser is no problem)?
2. Removing/reinstalling OS in Kodi would not fix it
3. It's not a problem likely to go away since not under Kodi control.

If all that's correct - and since OS thus is not particularly useable within Kodi - can you recommend another subtitle source with good coverage that works properly in Kodi?
(2020-11-24, 05:53)right.vote Wrote: can you recommend another subtitle source with good coverage that works properly in Kodi?

You forgot to add "for free"... Some of the other subtitle services are using OpenSubtitles as well, so they might have similar problems when the Opensubtitles back office is having hiccups. And also: what is the problem in testing out other subtitle providers yourself?

BTW, I use OpenSubtitles, and I know it has a daily maintenance window in which no subtitles are available for download. I just try again a different time of the day.
It can also buckle under its own success from time to time. So if you really want 24/7 access to a 100% subtitle service, I guess you better keep your wallet ready.
(2020-11-24, 05:53)right.vote Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 14:17)enen92 Wrote: Last time I looked into the code in case there is a generic error or exception when contacting the website, that error message will be generated regardless of the fact you have credentials configured. This seems to be an improper error handling on the add-on side.

Making sure I understand:

1. You think it's an OS problem (even though login w/ a browser is no problem)?
2. Removing/reinstalling OS in Kodi would not fix it
3. It's not a problem likely to go away since not under Kodi control.

If all that's correct - and since OS thus is not particularly useable within Kodi - can you recommend another subtitle source with good coverage that works properly in Kodi?
Not an OS problem but incorrect error handling in the add-on side. It shows always the same error message regardless of the actual error. So for instance if you cannot contact the site for whatever reason (eg high load) you'll receive an error "invalid credentials" even though credentials are filled and valid.
I used to notice this problem, but since I moved to matrix I haven't come across it anymore. If I do, I'll take a look into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSubtitles sketchy0