TinyMM scraping/database privacy
Question 
Helllo,

Sorry if the question is not clear. English is a second language for me.

When content scrappers are polling online databases, do they typically keep logs of who asked for what?

More specifically when we use TinyMM to help document and organize our media content, do TinyMM and/or the online databases are keeping track of what we have?

Thanks
(2020-11-22, 16:51)tinymm Wrote: Thanks

I understand how it can be relevant, but your username could become confusing for other forum visitors who may think you are related to / responsible for the TMM application.
So I would like to suggest you have your nickname changed in this forum thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237108 .
(2020-11-22, 16:58)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 16:51)tinymm Wrote: Thanks

I understand how it can be relevant, but your username could become confusing for other forum visitors who may think you are related to / responsible for the TMM application.
So I would like to suggest you have your nickname changed in this forum thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237108 .
Done
a) well, your tmm installation needs to know where your files are/what your library contains (same as Kodi)... so I do not understand why you ask that?

Or do you mean whether the tmm team knows how your database looks like? -> tmm itself does not offer your data to anyone except you do it (e.g. by sending logs, screenshots, ...). The only thing we know is the financial part (payments). We do not even know how much downloads we have because we do not use any website tracking (like google analytics).

b) I cannot tell you if the scraping sites track/log connection data.. but if they do, they just know what you are querying rather than knowing what you really have on your disk...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-11-23, 12:57)mlaggner Wrote: a) well, your tmm installation needs to know where your files are/what your library contains (same as Kodi)... so I do not understand why you ask that?
Thanks for your repsonse,

Of course the local tmm needs to work with this information. What I'm asking is if this information is "leaked" to tmm servers and/or other third parties over Internet?
as I said above, tmm (local version) does not communicate with the servers _except_ when looking for new updates!

the only way to pass information about your local installation is to provide logs/settings/databases for issue hunting (which has to be done by the user itself - no automatic upload is being done!)

When I think about the trakt.tv sync, I can imagine that this is the only third party service which may have a clue about your library - but this also to be enabled/activated by the user
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-11-24, 08:34)mlaggner Wrote: as I said above, tmm (local version) does not communicate with the servers _except_ when looking for new updates!

the only way to pass information about your local installation is to provide logs/settings/databases for issue hunting (which has to be done by the user itself - no automatic upload is being done!)

When I think about the trakt.tv sync, I can imagine that this is the only third party service which may have a clue about your library - but this also to be enabled/activated by the user
The local part is obvious, that's why I didn't mentioned it in the OP. I guess I should have start with apart from local access.

Thanks for the rest of your answer. I appreciate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TinyMM scraping/database privacy0