Release Kodi 19.x "Matrix" - Beta 1

Lights! Camera! Action!

... nearly. It's Beta time for Kodi 19.x "Matrix", so let's take another step towards the Great Unveiling.

As we now move into Beta, this release is much more about fixes than features: while there will be the odd new functionality,
we're concentrating very much more on getting everything working properly from this point.

To recap, then, one of the main objectives of 19.x "Matrix" is to release a production version of Kodi with Python 3 addons as early in 2021 as we can.
That can only happen with enthusiastic community support, lots of good humour and willingness to see the best in others - well, that and coffee/beer (delete as applicable), of course!

read more...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
"Dolby Vision HDR support (platform- and client-dependent)."

Could someone specify what platform are supported?

I'm running Kodi on windows 10 with Intel uhd graphics. Will do that work with dolby vision?
Yet to find out how happy I am... Without asking my Shield is now trying to convert to this beta 19.0..
Do more people see this happening??
A lot of add-ons might now have problems I guess?
It will only update from the Play Store if you've signed up for the beta test program there.

Beta 1 was uploaded to our beta channel there a few days ago.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Running Kodi on Nvidia Shield and installed the v19 Beta yesterday. Looks great so far :-) 3 questions:
  • Should Dolby Vision playback work on local MKV files (because I "only" get HDR. The same file switches to DV in Plex)
  • Would it be possible to have the information about sampling rate, bits, number of channels etc be shown for longer (maybe customizable) when playing back music files?
  • Would it be possible to automatically switch to full screen when playing back music?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Morten
(2020-11-23, 10:22)depechefan Wrote:  
  • Would it be possible to have the information about sampling rate, bits, number of channels etc be shown for longer (maybe customizable) when playing back music files?

• Would it be possible to automatically switch to full screen when playing back music?

the time the info stays on-screen can be configured using an advancedsettings.xml file:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....foduration

to switch to fullscreen automatically:
Settings > Media > Music > Switch to visualisation on playback
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-11-23, 11:29)ronie Wrote:
(2020-11-23, 10:22)depechefan Wrote:  

the time the info stays on-screen can be configured using an advancedsettings.xml file:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....foduration

to switch to fullscreen automatically:
Settings > Media > Music > Switch to visualisation on playback
So this works great. One thing that would be extremely useful is that when you press a button on the remote you could get the info about bit rate, sampling frequency etc. Maybe just as an info button next to the other options to the right?
(2020-11-22, 20:23)ronie Wrote: Image

Lights! Camera! Action!

... nearly. It's Beta time for Kodi 19.x "Matrix", so let's take another step towards the Great Unveiling.

As we now move into Beta, this release is much more about fixes than features: while there will be the odd new functionality,
we're concentrating very much more on getting everything working properly from this point.

To recap, then, one of the main objectives of 19.x "Matrix" is to release a production version of Kodi with Python 3 addons as early in 2021 as we can.
That can only happen with enthusiastic community support, lots of good humour and willingness to see the best in others - well, that and coffee/beer (delete as applicable), of course!

read more...

HI, just wanted to know if there's any additional emulators to retro arch like pcsx2?
(2020-11-23, 18:40)byromoth Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 20:23)ronie Wrote: Image

Lights! Camera! Action!

read more...

HI, just wanted to know if there's any additional emulators to retro arch like pcsx2?

what do i press to see the info about mkv file like bitrate and etc?
(2020-11-25, 03:48)rickyman Wrote: what do i press to see the info about mkv file like bitrate and etc?
o or ctrl-o
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello,

sorry for my question but is it with beta 1 possible to convert hdr files to sdr with a a Pi 4? Are there options in settings?
Where would be the correct place to post about issues regarding HDR switching with this beta on a Windows machine?
I too am having issues with this beta. It's unrelated to HDR. Might be refresh rate or resolution matching. Is there a specific thread for it, or do you want posts about it here?
Multiple Nvidia Shields using Kodi as a player, numerous Roku players and TVs, LG Nano85 4k TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, two Yamaha AVRs, Windows 10 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit and wireless .ac network. Comcast 600 Mbps Internet.
Support requests should be posted in the support section under the relevant OS.

This thread is just for the announcement, not for help with issues.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I obviously signed up for Beta versions, as my box keeps loading 19.0 beta. But there is only one compatible Apk working at the moment.
HOW DO I UNCHECK THE BOX NEEDED TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC UPGRADE, WHICH KEEPS HAPPENING. I can't watch much, and it has disabled previous "non compatible" apk's. I keep re-installing vsr. 18.9, and then it keeps loading 19.0
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.x "Matrix" - Beta 10