Conditional Weather on Amber Skin
@chrissxuk , please test Amber 3.2.113.  It is already on the Amber repo.  The inconsistent weather info should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-27, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 13:28)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 03:16)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk, with just that screenshot I cannot understand the issue, please post the screenshot of the shelf as well. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I did post the shelf it was in my previous post. Here are screenshots from my Firestick today. Originally I thought the temperatures were different but they are not the difference is in the weather icons. According to the forecast on the shelf there is rain on 1 of the next 7 days but according to the weather screen there is rain on 4 of those days. Image
@chrissxuk , thanks for the screenshots.  I took a longer look, and it seems there are differences (I have no idea why) in getting a "regular" forecast for each day vs. an "extended" forecast for each day, even with the same weather provider.  The weather menu item uses the "regular" forecast, and the shelves use the "extended" forecast.  I will change the weather menu item to use the "extended" forecast as well.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  The change will be in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you. The only difference I see are the icons being used to describe the weather. It appears to be the extended forecast that is wrong though not the regular forecast.
(2020-11-28, 14:14)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 13:28)chrissxuk Wrote: I did post the shelf it was in my previous post. Here are screenshots from my Firestick today. Originally I thought the temperatures were different but they are not the difference is in the weather icons. According to the forecast on the shelf there is rain on 1 of the next 7 days but according to the weather screen there is rain on 4 of those days. Image
@chrissxuk , thanks for the screenshots.  I took a longer look, and it seems there are differences (I have no idea why) in getting a "regular" forecast for each day vs. an "extended" forecast for each day, even with the same weather provider.  The weather menu item uses the "regular" forecast, and the shelves use the "extended" forecast.  I will change the weather menu item to use the "extended" forecast as well.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  The change will be in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you. The only difference I see are the icons being used to describe the weather. It appears to be the extended forecast that is wrong though not the regular forecast.
@chrissxuk , thanks for the feedback.  In my testing they are correct, with the weather provider I am using.  I will switch to Yahoo weather and see if I experience the same as you are seeing.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @chrissxuk , with Yahoo weather they are correct for me:

(2020-11-27, 22:33)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , please test Amber 3.2.113.  It is already on the Amber repo.  The inconsistent weather info should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I am sorry but I do not really understand this. Kodi is set to auto-update Amber and it's currently on 3.2.23. You say test 3.2.113, surely this is older? How do I change to 3.2.113? You say it's on the Amber repo but my Amber comes from the Kodi add-on repo. I must be misunderstanding something.
(2020-12-02, 14:15)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 22:33)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , please test Amber 3.2.113.  It is already on the Amber repo.  The inconsistent weather info should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I am sorry but I do not really understand this. Kodi is set to auto-update Amber and it's currently on 3.2.23. You say test 3.2.113, surely this is older? How do I change to 3.2.113? You say it's on the Amber repo but my Amber comes from the Kodi add-on repo. I must be misunderstanding something.
@chrissxuk , my apologies for not explaining better.  I have not updated the version of Amber that is in the Kodi repo for a very long time.  I plan on doing so before the year is out.  I do have a repo for Amber for Leia, you can find it at https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip   You can download and install that.  With it, you will get the latest version of Amber for Leia.  I update the Amber repo frequently; that is why I tell you to test 3.2.113, which is the latest version of Amber for Leia in the Amber repo.

Please let me know if you need any assistance with installing the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-02, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-02, 14:15)chrissxuk Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
@chrissxuk , my apologies for not explaining better.  I have not updated the version of Amber that is in the Kodi repo for a very long time.  I plan on doing so before the year is out.  I do have a repo for Amber for Leia, you can find it at https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip   You can download and install that.  With it, you will get the latest version of Amber for Leia.  I update the Amber repo frequently; that is why I tell you to test 3.2.113, which is the latest version of Amber for Leia in the Amber repo.

Please let me know if you need any assistance with installing the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I have installed the Amber repo and everything is good now although I will have to get used to the low being before the high as I find that rather odd. 

It looks like there are a number of other changes in this version I will have to do some investigation. 

Thank you very much for your help.
(2020-12-03, 02:07)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2020-12-02, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-02, 14:15)chrissxuk Wrote: I am sorry but I do not really understand this. Kodi is set to auto-update Amber and it's currently on 3.2.23. You say test 3.2.113, surely this is older? How do I change to 3.2.113? You say it's on the Amber repo but my Amber comes from the Kodi add-on repo. I must be misunderstanding something.

Regards,

Bart

I have installed the Amber repo and everything is good now although I will have to get used to the low being before the high as I find that rather odd. 

It looks like there are a number of other changes in this version I will have to do some investigation. 

Thank you very much for your help.

@chrissxuk, I am glad you got it sorted. I will change the order of the temperatures in the Weather menu and widgets. I will include this in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conditional Weather on Amber Skin0