Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?
akos.maroy: All of my keys work fine all of the time. Doesn't matter if it's 1080p video or not. I did remap the play/pause, stop and fast forward and rewind to regular keyboard keys that do those functions in XBMC.

I also remapped the red record button to alt f4 to close programs like XBMC and the Media Center button to launch XBMC. I find those very useful.
I'm asking just out of curiosity. I'm using the Dinovo Mini and Eventghost to control xbmc. I'm quite satisfied so far.

What button of the remote did you guys map fast forward and fast backward to?
I am using a DiNovo Mini in Windows 7 with the latest SetPoint drivers installed. All keys work.

The keyboard itself has a few quirks - as others have mentioned, sometimes it seems like it stops responding and/or appears to reset itself. Sometimes you have to pull the battery out and put it back again.

That said, it looks amazing and does the job.
I use the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000, and I've got to say, this is the *best* keyboard I've ever owned or tried, bar none. Unlike the Logitech's I've had over the years, the MS product just works (MS hardware is very different than MS software :-)

Key features:

1) it's smaller, thinner and much lighter than a normal keyboard becuse it has no seperate numpad; but uses standard size keys so typing is a joy, as opposed to the mini's

2) while the combo comes with a mouse, you can just leave that in the box, because the keyboard has a touchpad onboard similar to a laptop, and it works exceedingly well

3) it's 2.4ghz bluetooth, so no concerns over security due to bluetooth pairing and encryption; and range is fantastic

4) unlike Logitech, it works flawlessly, in 10 months I've *never* had it disconnect, lag or fail to function

5) no concerns over battery life, I'm on 10 months and counting with the stock batteries that came in the box

6) look, feel, comfort - while I realize these are personal and subjective, I love all 3 aspects of this keyboard - it really looks nice in the home theater environment, and it is extremely nice to use sitting on your lap on the couch

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mousea...px?pid=081

I had looked at the dinovo Edge and Mini, and played with them all in the store, and chose the MS7000 instead, and have absolutely no regrets. It's fantastic as an all-around HTPC controller.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
That's not really a remote control now, is it?
DarkHelmet Wrote:That's not really a remote control now, is it?

Of course it is - it controls absolutely every aspect of the HTPC from a remote location, wirelessly.

But that said, if it's purely remote form-factor you're concerned about, I also use the ATI Remote Wonder Plus in combination with the MS7000 keyboard. There are plugins available for most popular media players, including one that can reconfigure all of the keys to send keystrokes instead of media commands (for use with XBMC, called RWKeyFactory), and it works perfectly with EventGhost and Girder if those are your choices too. Plus,, it's and RF device, not IR, so range is great, and physical obstacles are no issue:

http://ati.amd.com/products/remotewonderplus/index.html

Cheers
The REAL Joe
xanataus Wrote:Can anyone confirm if this will work with XBMC for Windows.

Just got Zotac Zbox ID40 hw and stuffed Dharma in there ontop of Win7_x64. Works great, but Dinovo Mini's specials keys are pain in the ass.. Works though ok, but I'm trying to get those special play,stop etc.. keys to work with Dharma.. mouse/pad works.
edit: special keys actually works with music / divx.. DVD not, so this is mapping problem only... keyboard.xml.
Has anybody managed to get all the keys to work with xbmc ?

If not is there any other small keyboard/mouse all-in-ones that people would recommend ?

Thought I would bump this thread as I am building a win7 Ult / XBMC HTPC and the last thing I need to get is this ! But it's pointless if it still doesn't work fully.
You can use the program Uberoptions. It allows you to change the media buttons.

http://uberoptions.net/
Thank you
has anyone done this and got it working?
The media keys (FF and REV) no longer work on XBMC Frodo 12.2
in my log,
the ID always comes up as 0 and then the hex (fx200).
and something about trying Hardy installation...Huh
can someone please assist me in getting this fixed? when I try to use the XBMC keyboard editor, it will assign FF and REV as the same button.

if this is not the correct place, can someone please point us in the correct direction?

according to some post, they worked in Eden...
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Please do not post the same question in multiple places, do it again & all your posts on this subject will be deleted.
sorry. but it seems that this topic does not have a central place... and I don't know how to get someone to look into this.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?0