Just installed Atlantis Alpha3
I just installed Atlantis Alpha 3 on my HTPC, the first time i tried running it, it crashed right away, i then rebooted and tried windowed mode and it crashes too, im fairly new at this, does anyone have any suggestions. I have used XBMC on my XBOX for a long long time but after trying to play h.264 files i had to move on and was pretty stoked to see XBMC for windows, it would be awesome if i could get this working. I tried it on my laptop and it works fine, just not sure why it wont run on my htpc.
Here is my log

http://www.pastebin.ca/1170686
What hardware do you have?
Which video drivers are you using?

Details please Smile
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry, i should have read the FAQ before posting i guess.

For hardware i am running:

AMD 54 3000+
2GB RAM
Nvidia Gforce2 MX 400
Toshiba 42" Regza LCD

Like i said, it runs on my laptop but not the htpc.
Pretty sure this won't cut it and probably why it doesn't load:

#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_VENDOR = Microsoft Corporation
#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_RENDERER = GDI Generic
#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_VERSION = 1.1.0
#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture

Maybe you need to update your drivers.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Heh, i guess maybe i do, ill give it a shot.

Thanks for the help.

tslayer Wrote:Pretty sure this won't cut it and probably why it doesn't load:

#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_VENDOR = Microsoft Corporation
#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_RENDERER = GDI Generic
#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_VERSION = 1.1.0
#
19:58:20 T:3592 M:661426176 INFO: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture

Maybe you need to update your drivers.
Man i could have sworn i had those driver already installed, but i guess i didn't.
That seems to have fixed my problem but now i have a worse problem, i think my video card is toast, its been doing weird stuff over the last couple weeks like glitching out and whatnot, now it won't display anything at all. Guess its time to look for a new one.
Like if you reboot it won't show anything what so ever or just after using XBMC?
nothing at all, it wont even boot anymore, its either the AGP slot or the card, gonan try another card tomorrow.....i hope my mobo isn't hosed.
waverz Wrote:Nvidia Gforce2 MX 400
Gforce 2 Series is too old for XBMC, that GPU hardware only supports OpenGL 1.1, (that GPU is even older than the chip in the Xbox). XBMC requires a GPU (graphics processing unit) with hardware and device drivers supporting at least OpenGL 1.3 + ARB extension.
Turns out its a Geforce4, i just got this TV and dug out an older PC i had laying around and forgot what was in it. Apparently my memory was causing it not to boot, i dunno what happened i pulled it out and put it back in now it runs fine. I am currently looking to upgrade video cards though. I borrowed one from a friend today its a Geforce4 as well but has DVI out, i would like to get an adapter so i can hook it up HDMI to my 42" Toshiba.

So far Atlantis has been running great with no problems, which i am glad to see, it is my favorite media center by far. I just bought a PS3 thinking i could live with using it as a media center, turns out i hate it. Only good thing about it is the blue ray player, im not really into games so that about all i am using it for at this point.

I guess i do have a few questions about this Atlantis release, like how do i get library mode so its not greyed out. If i remember you needed to make another profile on the xbox version, i tried it on Atlantis and its still greyed out for some reason. I only really need it to access the video plugins, are there many available for the windows version??

Anyway thanks for everyones help.
You have to scan files in to the library to enable library mode.

Use the context menu (using the menu key on your keyboard - next to the windows key) on a source and select scan item to library for music. Set content for videos.

For video plugins, you just have to add the video plugin source. Assuming you have plugins in the plugin folder (i.e. install them to plugins/video/) then you can click on Add Source, then Browse, then select the Video Plugins source.

Note that the video plugins source is only available to choose if you actually have video plugins installed.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just installed Atlantis Alpha30