Update the epg manually
hi
Is there a way to update the epg manually (importing guide from clients by adding RunPlugin/RunScript in keyboard.xml) without enable-disable IPTV Simple Client and without stopping the current live video?
(2020-11-26, 17:49)vip. Wrote: hi
Is there a way to update the epg manually (importing guide from clients by adding RunPlugin/RunScript in keyboard.xml) without enable-disable IPTV Simple Client and without stopping the current live video?

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve here?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-11-26, 19:57)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 17:49)vip. Wrote: hi

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve here?

I use primaeval's IPTV addons.
I have several epg sources, and with this addon they merge into one xml file, every time kodi starts (like iptv merge addon).
I want every time kodi starts, there will be both the merging of the sources into one xml file and an update of the epg.
The problem is that merging takes time until it ends, and when it does, IPTV Simple Client are disabled and then enabled. Which causes the video to stop.

I have attached the specific code of the update channel. At the end there are these 2 lines that I want to replace with a script that makes 'importing guide from clients' without disabling IPTV Simple Client:
    time.sleep(2)
    RPC.addons.set_addon_enabled(addonid='pvr.iptvsimple', enabled=False)
    time.sleep(2)
    RPC.addons.set_addon_enabled(addonid='pvr.iptvsimple', enabled=True)

(Sorry for my English)
Ok, a lot of these concerns were fixed in Kodi 19's iptvsimple. I would ask the author have they a 19 version yet as starting/stopping iptvsimple would no longer be required.
(2020-11-27, 13:19)phunkyfish Wrote: Ok, a lot of these concerns were fixed in Kodi 19's iptvsimple. I would ask the author have they a 19 version yet as starting/stopping iptvsimple would no longer be required.

In this addons I use, in every login to kodi the EPG is downloaded from the internet as you can see here, and is updated in kodi without starting/stopping iptvsimple.
Why is it not possible to do the same in IPTV addons/IPTV Merge?
How could I possibly know the answer to that question?

You would need to ask the authors of both addons and ask them to compare how they manage updates.

Does the video addon you reference even use iptvsimple? I’m not sure it does.
Yes he uses. There is an option to configure this addon to work with iptvsimple.
Anyway thanks
(2020-11-29, 14:57)vip. Wrote: Yes he uses. There is an option to configure this addon to work with iptvsimple.
Anyway thanks

I assume it just reads the new EPG file on the normal update schedule. IPTV merge may try to be more clever and restart iptvsimple so you see the updates straight away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update the epg manually0