• 5(current)
ReplayTV: Help with streaming from a ReplayTV box?
It works for me on a xbmc build from 07/18. It even auto-discovers the ReplayTVs now which is something new Smile
1-make your Replay bookmark point directly at the device's IP address. auto-discover does not always work. i have my Xbox sitting behind a secondary router on a LAN which is basically "adjacent" to the other LAN in the house, but even in such a crazy setup, i can get shows to stream no problem. i believe the bookmark looks like replay://192.168.0.112 (obviously insert the IP address for the Replay TV you are trying to access).
2-ensure that the Xbox's time is synced to the world standard time via the internet. for some reason if the system's time is more than a few minutes different than the Replay's internal clock, access is denied.
I have posted this in the wrong forums in last few days and i hope i have it in the right place. Anyone else having problems playing files from a Replay TV box? I went back to the T3CH build of 8/27 and it works fine now. The latest T3CH as of 9-6-06 build finds the Replay TV fine, but when i select a file to play from the Box it just freezes the XBMC with a message saying this.. Demux _Open (00EAd010,0,0,-1,-1,-1) and it never starts the movie playing. I even wiped everything out and installed a fresh copy of the lastest T3CH build as of 9-6-06 and still same thing happens. I have also made sure that the Replay TV and Xbox are set to the same time. Since i have 3 Xbox's at home and it happens to all of them.

My Family and i really enjoy XBMC alot! Thank you all so Much!
Sad 
I get the same error you get since T3CH build 9/18/06 :
Demux _Open (00EAd010,0,0,-1,-1,-1)

Its a real bummer because it used to work great. Sad

I have a T3CH build from 6/19/06 that still works.
I'll add my voice to this as my ReplayTV streaming is also not working and hangs in the same manner as the OP.
I'm using the 2.0.0 release (T3CH).
Me too! Ik ook. Moi aussi. Ich auch.

Henry
OK,

I also have this same issue. 2.0 Build, and ReplayTV streaming now freezes at the "Demux…" stage.

My XBox and ReplayTV are both using the same Time (Both sync with the internet for time) and it is the same time as my Mac too.

I have a direct IP to the ReplayTV, not auto-discover.

The Shows list just fine.

They just don't play.

Please stop assuming it is the clock thing, obviously it is not.

-Owl
How the hell do we make sure the time is within 5 seconds of each other anyway? And why would we all of a sudden be having issues when it worked in the past?

-Owl
Flamez said : "I went back to the T3CH build of 8/27 and it works fine now. The latest T3CH as of 9-6-06 build finds the Replay TV fine, but when i select a file to play from the Box it just freezes the XBMC with a message saying this.. Demux _Open (00EAd010,0,0,-1,-1,-1) and it never starts the movie playing."

Can anyone post a 'diffs' file of the code from these two dates? Then maybe somebody can point to the exact cause of this loss of functionality.

Since a DVarchived RTV file works ok, the problem is probably more of communicating with the RTV rather than mediaplayer knowing what to do with the MPEG file.

Henry
OK, so it's not just me! I've been going crazy with this.

I have 2 5040 ReplayTV and one DVAchive installation.
XBMC will not discover my ReplayTVs anymore since build XBMC-CVS_2006-09-08-T3CH. I just upgraded to XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH and the problem persist.

I have created new bookmarks to point directly to my Replay's and DVArchive and now I can browse the Replays, but their show IDs appear instead of the show name. When i select any to play, XBMC locks up.

I have confirmed XBox is getting time from Internet server. Also my ReplayTVs are proxied through WiRNS so they should b getting time from my server, which is also Internet Time Server managed.

These has all works flawlessly for me in the past. I can't find anything else wrong with my configuration.
JRWilliams308 Wrote:OK, so it's not just me! I've been going crazy with this.

I have 2 5040 ReplayTV and one DVAchive installation.
XBMC will not discover my ReplayTVs anymore since build XBMC-CVS_2006-09-08-T3CH. I just upgraded to XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH and the problem persist.

I have created new bookmarks to point directly to my Replay's and DVArchive and now I can browse the Replays, but their show IDs appear instead of the show name. When i select any to play, XBMC locks up.

I have confirmed XBox is getting time from Internet server. Also my ReplayTVs are proxied through WiRNS so they should b getting time from my server, which is also Internet Time Server managed.

These has all works flawlessly for me in the past. I can't find anything else wrong with my configuration.

Sorry meant to also state that when I try to open one of the videos which are listed as showids. I too get a Demux _Open error mine is Demux _Open (00EAd010,0,0,-1,-1,-1)
meh
Same problem here
Add me to the list of those seeing this problem. DVA instances work fine, but I am seeing the same error listed above.
Coupla things I found posted in xbox-scene :

1) Workaround with DVD player option (use white button on controller or title button on remote)

2) additional debug code added by elupus to T3ch CVS 10-05-2006 so someone can post additional info for developers

Henry
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReplayTV: Help with streaming from a ReplayTV box?0