What is the correctly way to add playlist into Widgets in Aeon MQ8
When I give up set Widgets for new home menu in MQ8 customize function,
I found the setting actually is from widgets(up-top) instead of customize.

Then, I try to set Widgets by playlist from widget(up-top), but cannot find a way to select playlist?
except for add a home menu with playlist by customize function, 
then you can see it on widgets(up-top)' list to select,
...but new home menu only have 6 items (?)

I believe it's not the correct way to do that because playlist should be not only 6 items,
does anyone teach me what is the correctly way to add playlist into Widgets, thank you.

Does anybody know how to add playlist into Widget(up-top) ? please....
I found one post who use Estuary skin to set node, then return to AEON MQ8 skin, now select it in Widget(top-up)
I still do not to figure it out, can anyone tell me what exactly the step is?
@adsi

All items available in the main menu are possibly populated with any smart playlists, including of course the empty items. And you have presets, to create 10 distinct main menus, and change one for the other via menu S or using the option presets available in the settings submenu.

So you have a lot of items to populate...no only 6.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-11-30, 17:19)Wanilton Wrote: @adsi

All items available in the main menu are possibly populated with any smart playlists, including of course the empty items. And you have presets, to create 10 distinct main menus, and change one for the other via menu S or using the option presets available in the settings submenu.

So you have a lot of items to populate...no only 6.

Hi Waniton,

I'm so glad to get your reply but I still have problems for your suggestion:
Q1. I use presets function to create presets1 and presets2, when I use menu S to switch presets from 1 to 2,
preset1's new main menu does not shown in presets2's Widgets list. It seems like the main menu does not 
be shared between presets.

Q2. "or using the option presets available in the settings submenu ", could you explain more detail about it?
I cannot figure it out, thank you so much. (Ps. My purpose is to make lots of smart playlists into Widgets list item) 

Q3. Is it the only way to add items to Widgets list? It's kind of complex...
Is it possible to directly edit Widgets file(xml?) to add smart playlist and name the item name?
Does anyone know how to share main menu between different presets? Let will solve many problems for customized. or any other method..
Anyone have the better way to set Widget which generate from smart playlist? I strongly suggest developer set the Widget setting in customerized page instead of smart tool, and have a switch to turn on/off smart tool.
@Wanilton 

Could you please inform Author to try think about add widget setting in skin setting\customise Main Menu?

or just tell us how to advise author that he can accept our idea.
@adsi 

Aeon MQ9. have improvements about widgets

THIRD GENERATION WIDGETS
- A brand new selector organized by categories, also includes sorting and sorting options in the same window.
- A new code provides over 200% faster widget loading speed compared to Aeon MQ 8.
- Direct access to playlists and nodes. You no longer need to create an item in the main menu to have playlist widgets, you can now choose any existing playlist or node independently.
- The well-known feature called My Menu now gives way to Custom Favorites. Each of the 30 menus can have a set of independent custom favorite widgets. You can create a list with unique or mixed content with movies, sitcoms, addons and etc ..
- New button for Custom Widget where it is possible to include a url for exclusive content.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2021-02-21, 19:30)Wanilton Wrote: @adsi 

Aeon MQ9. have improvements about widgets

THIRD GENERATION WIDGETS
- A brand new selector organized by categories, also includes sorting and sorting options in the same window.
- A new code provides over 200% faster widget loading speed compared to Aeon MQ 8.
- Direct access to playlists and nodes. You no longer need to create an item in the main menu to have playlist widgets, you can now choose any existing playlist or node independently.
- The well-known feature called My Menu now gives way to Custom Favorites. Each of the 30 menus can have a set of independent custom favorite widgets. You can create a list with unique or mixed content with movies, sitcoms, addons and etc ..
- New button for Custom Widget where it is possible to include a url for exclusive content.
It's a great news for Aeon and it's pity that MQ8 didn't own it, thanks for your information, hope MQ9's official version can be release a.s.a.p.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the correctly way to add playlist into Widgets in Aeon MQ80