Problem Skipping - wont "stick"
Hi,
from 18.9 i cant skip music, that is within a song/audiobook...
I mean when jumping for example forward it shows +1min and bar moves, but when i wait a bit it reverts to start of the song.
Really weird.
Before it would play from the point shown on the bar.

Any help.

Regards...
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Ok, think i figured everything up Smile
https://paste.kodi.tv/alaxaquvub.kodi
hope this helps, i tried playing/skipping and m4b audiobook...

Thanks
@milika is this a problem on all songs or just certain file formats? The log show you trying seek on .m4b files, can you produce a log showing the issue during playback of other format files.

Also you say that it worked before, do you mean with a different version of Kodi and if so which one?
A fellow team member has pointed out that your lof file shows that during audio playback you are not using Kodi/ffmpeg to do the decoding but the android audio codec which is specific to your box. This is something that could update whenever you get an update for your Nvida Shield, and break without there being anything Kodi can do about it.

Since there has been no changes to the paplayer during v18 cycle it is most likely that your problems with seek are related to the android audio codec on your device.
Hello,

I have been testing whole day and only some m4b files have this problem, and not on all the chapters.
First ~20 chapters work fine, but after the skipping wont "stick".

There have been a new update for the shield couple of weeks ago.

Also the time 18.9 came out, so I could have easily mixed the two, or I just got to the chapter that is not working...

I don't see a way of changing the codec decoding from android default to Kodi's. If there is a way I can try that.

That's my report Smile

Regards...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Skipping - wont "stick"0