Music playlist truncated
I'm just new to Kodi - maybe I did some mistakes myself?

Just yesterday I succeeded to get my radio station oe1dd to be played as an eaac3 stream. To reach that goal I had to install the package kodi-inputstream-adaptive. But I couldn't engage it because the addon menu entry Kodi addons - "Video Player Inputstreams" was missing. That was resolved TEMPORARY by also installing kodi-inputstream-rtmp. Today that menu is again missing (did an automatic reboot of my raspberry around midnight).

But that's not my current problem. Now the text displayed within the playlist sorted by track is truncated for all entries (till yesterday everything was visible). Instead of the full information only the artist is shown followed by a capital T like

01. Telemann (1681-1767)T
02. Telemann (1681-1767)T
etc

This information is truncated only in the playlist window. It is shown properly in the now playing window or within the info window. Thus it seems to be a rendering issue within the playlist window only.

And all my media files are affected in the same way. I can select any album, and within playlist it's truncated after artist (BTW it contains intentionally the year informations - that's my metadata).

If I change the sorting order from Track to Titel all information is shown for that kind of sorting. If I go back to Titel I again see only the truncated information ending with capital T.

It appears to me that some skin files might be corrupted. Can you suggest to me where to search?

For completeness see my logfile
Looks to me like you've accidentally edited the Track naming template, see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Mu...g_template

The default is as show on the screenshot on the wiki, that is

[%N.]%A-%T

Looks to me you might have edited it to be

[%N.]%AT
You saved my life. I even rember when I yesterday by accident edited that entry. I was searching for some option and was not able to leave that field. Pressing some keys finally I could leave it, but I've changed its contents. 

Thank you very much.
Yes with those edit fields it's not immediately obviously that the cursor appears as soon as it's highlighted, many people have made the same mistake. Personally I think those edit fields should be done via a pop up and I've no idea how to do that.
(2020-11-30, 17:24)jjd-uk Wrote:  Personally I think those edit fields should be done via a pop up and I've no idea how to do that.

Yeap, totally agree @jjd-uk I hoped you were going to volunteer Big Grin

So many users get caught out by this poor UI design. I avoid the issue by having
Code:
<musicfiles>
     <trackformat>[%N.] %A - %T</trackformat>
</musicfiles>
in advancedsettings.xml
(2020-11-30, 18:28)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 17:24)jjd-uk Wrote:  Personally I think those edit fields should be done via a pop up and I've no idea how to do that.

Yeap, totally agree @jjd-uk I hoped you were going to volunteer Big Grin

Well it's the same for all settings that use the edit control and there doesn't seem to anyway to change the edit control via the xml definition as far as I can tell, so I guess it's buried somewhere in the core code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playlist truncated0